It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-star general committed suicide, why?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah ...I remember 1 got in when I was on berms, and the rest were hit in the sky. THEN the rest of the ARMY showed up and ADA as well THAT was over.
Coastal lasers/rail guns and strategic located lasers linked to satellites are what we are banking on.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Could be he got a glimpse of somereal aliens and it drove him over
a cliff.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: schuyler

I won't commit suicide, THAT WILL not be done....but I DON'T HAVE to eat "right".
For most of the enlisted I know they feel they are worthless because they CANT function amongst these GIBBITY BIBBITY,civilians and they don't want to talk about IT to healers who aren't shooters, when THERE'S no one to talk to ....BANG!
Toss in these SJW scum who can't FIGURE out what the hell a military is even for ,slamming them and the country WE ALL LOVE, they appear NOT to some knuckle draggers would rather recede and die,rather than confront.

Umm, OK, buddy. Whatever. I don't understand how my post provoked you to write this. I discussed the ages of generals and insurance policies covering suicide--nothing else. Can't say I disagree with you, but I was enlisted myself and of all the people I knew and interacted with the one person who did kill himself did so for other than military reasons. Just my own personal experience. Few people I knew needed any kind of counseling and we all got along pretty well with the "gibbity bibbity" civilians. The only reason it's "mostly junior enlisteds" who kill themselves is because the army is populated largely by mostly junior enlisteds. There are less than a thousand generals and almost half a million enlisted.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

"WHY" is what I spoke of, according to what I personally know about suicides of fellow combat arms troops.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

"WHY" is what I spoke of, according to what I personally know about suicides of fellow combat arms troops.

Yeah, ok, but non sequitur just the same.....

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I been off from these elections...angry and all.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What your article doesn't mention but I had previously read is that he lost 10 soldiers in his command.4 were apparently suicides and the remainder casualties of war.I'll look for the article and link it if I can.Those losses have to catch up with you at some point.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's usually sex, money or mental illness. Seems to me he had everything to live for. Did someone threaten it?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There could be a million reasons, seems a bit disrespectful to try and be sensational about it like it's blackmail for some bad act even though it could technically have a sensational reason, but we have no evidence. For all we know he's wanted to kill himself for the last 20 years and decided with the stress of a new command that he'd had enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The strangest thing about this is there are no reports saying what he died 'from'...

The guy was "found dead" in his home July 31st, an autopsy was being done within days, and then almost three months of "investigating" later all they say is that the 'cause' of death was "suicide"?

'Suicide' isn't even a 'cause' of death, it just means the death was self imposed...

...but none of the reports I read said anything about a gunshot wound or drug overdose or any other actual 'cause' of dying.

Please don't think I'm one of those people who enjoy media sensationalism about this sort of thing - this isn't about 'wanting to know' how he died - it just genuinely seems suspicious to me that the army would state "cause of death was suicide" as the 'result' of a formal investigation...
edit on 29-10-2016 by lostgirl because: clarification

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

...they feel they are worthless because they CANT function amongst these GIBBITY BIBBITY,civilians and they don't want to talk about IT to healers who aren't shooters, when THERE'S no one to talk to ....BANG!

I feel ya.

When I got out I ended up married and in college before I was quite...readjusted.

I had a rough year not just strangling people or bip-bapping them across the chops.

However, if you're military or intel, there's no finer place to be than Huntsville. Lots of company, lots of support.

eta: More odd, Redstone's sort of a fun place to work, in terms of bases. Huntsville is host to at least SOME of pretty much every crazy space based unit, NASA, intel ops out the bazoo, you name it. It's eclectic, everyone (pretty much) gets along, lots of stuff happening, rarely boring, a minimum of being shot at or moto crap. Invariably, you hear people saying they're going to pitch to stay there, and/or they're coming back to retire. It's nice. The base is nice. The projects are fun. Hell, if I didn't have a nice place in Florida or the O'Bedlam homestead to fall back on, I'D probably retire there.

For a military posting, Huntsville is pretty much top of the heap.
edit on 29-10-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Shhhhh, certain realities aren't acceptable to masses who live in a pretend world 45 years prior to said technology.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Sound wisdom

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HarumphHarumph

DEAR GOD if they would JUST GET to the point!
IS IT TOO much to ask?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The man was 'suicided'. He did not take his own life.

But nothing to see her, so move along, move along ... and bring out your dead.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If he's like anybody else spending beyond their means in our lovely consumerist s#hole country, he was probably up to his eyebrows in debt. Being military does not preclude him from having spending issues. Or a wife with spending issues.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They watch your debt levels when you're at this guy's clearance levels, you have to account for shady income and expenses

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Honestly, the first thing that came to mind was that Redstone is hell on wheels for checking your academic record if you're an officer. There was a huge never reported scandal about 2003, after which pretty much everyone got their transcripts gone through like a clearance screening and many officers got fired. And a few contractors.

But this guy's a Westie so that ought not be it.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Coastal lasers/rail guns and strategic located lasers linked to satellites are what we are banking on.

As yet all untested in the Fog of War. Just like the Patriot was supposed to stop the Scids and even though the missiles detonated on target (sometimes ) multiple times, the war head itself still penetrated the 'missile shield'.

The video I just linked can be analyzed in depth to reflect this mistaken belief that incoming missiles can be 100 percent stopped.

In a real shootout, the skies would be filled with decoys, debris, ionized gas clouds and vapor trails. "Time on Target" tactics would further jam systems up.

Computer overload would result.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01

Could be he got a glimpse of somereal aliens and it drove him over
a cliff.

I am hoping he was sent off world to one of the bases, or to one of the huge underground cities.:-)

Maybe the weird quakes are them making exits for subs?

The tiny quakes originate from tens of kilometers below ground along the Newport-Inglewood Fault near Long Beach, Calif., seismologists report in the Oct. 7 Science. Rocks at that depth should be too hot and malleable to snag and break —

The deepest newfound quakes come from Earth’s upper mantle at depths of more than 30 kilometers — far below the conventional seismically active zone for the fault, the researchers found. At these depths, rocks should flow when under stress, rather than accumulating strain and breaking.

www.sciencenews.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join