It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nineties UK Rave scene

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
a reply to: StallionDuck

In the USA, Really? can you find any of the old songs on youtube?
Yes, I was there in the 90s rave scene. I can post a ton of old rave beats from the US.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy
I did the rave seen in germany/europe from 90 -92..
These vidz and music are tame in comparison.

Hell.. Pamphlets were handed out at raves informing the attendees on how to use/party on X

THOSE were the days... Loong gone of course

b
We had an epic true underground scene in ca. Ca has had one of the foremost counter cultures globally going back to the 60's with the hippy culture. 90s the rave scene was as big as anything in Europe. We had all manners of pyschedelic scenes and insane stuff going on. I've partied across the world. California is as good as it gets. I live in NYC now.
edit on 29-10-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: ColaTesla

I was too young for the 90's rave scene unfortunately, I know it well though.

A good number of songs were old songs spiced up or songs with lyrics from movies, I still listen to the stuff.

for anyone who knows where the words from this song are from

Check out some of the early Helter Skelter tapes on youtube, Colleseum and Afterdark are good too
it's hard to know a real underground scene if you weren't a part of it. The music is great, but it's an entire sub culture. And clubs and most techno now aren't what real raves were back in the day.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Ive compared notes with some cali women and ive been told some enviable stories. πŸ‘

The techno viking meme was from 2000 and i was glad it showed a closer to life view of what tech music spawned in people that grew from early 90s euro roots.. A glimpse at least.

b

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
ahh those were the days when people got wasted on all manner of things.

Now the just say no generation just drink and get drunk.. booorring.

---

Did the USA have a rave scene?! Yes we did, and with much better music too..

edit on 29-10-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

Never got to go to the club in Berlin, but was well into the Tresor label guys back i the mid-to-late 90's. Seen a fair few of them when they were playing Glasgow or Edinburgh nights.

Neil Landstrumm '97
Awesome drop at 0:44-ish

Cristian Vogel

Jeff Mills (not sure if he was on Tresor for this tune, but he was at some point. Also a fine producer and example of American Techno from as early as the late 80's - Detroit Techno anyone?)

Edit:
a reply to: nOraKat

I see you posted the bells while I was composing my post. Yeah, you guys had a techno scene for sure. Green Velvet/Cajmere, Derrick May, the Horrorist, and Marshall Jefferson are just a few examples.

edit on 29-10-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: 1 more tune, 1 MORE TUNE....

edit on 30-10-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

I like the Vogel cut ..
b

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Another favorite Jeff Mills..

I was kidding about the USA thing.. UK, Europe, US all fed off each other during those times..
edit on 29-10-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

I used to go to a lot of quarry/abandoned ware house parties back in the mid-90's, but it was a much crustier vibe than the video in the OP. A lot of Lucy-heads.....

Sorry for posting so many Vids. You've triggered memories of a time I remember most fondly!
edit on 30-10-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: Apology for Video spam!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Another belter! Saw Mills a fair few times at a local festival, but the last couple times I wasn't that impressed. That was about a decade ago though!

Here's another classic from over your way, all the way back to '87...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Detroit techno was exactly what I was gonna post lol. I'm English but I've listened to a lot of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yeah you're correct and dj kurt my favourite version

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
My friends threw a rave at Valley Forge Convention Center, which is basically like six giant ballrooms with folding walls. They booked the whole thing, it was filled to like 5x capacity, they had to barricade the doors to keep people out. Local police and fire were ape#, but couldn't do anything. I'm guessing 5000 inside and 5000 outside in a facility rated for 500-1000.

It was nuts.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I used to go to a lot of quarry/abandoned ware house parties back in the mid-90's..

In NYC also, we had raves in abandoned warehouses and other interesting venues. In some warehouses you had to wear dust masks since it was so dusty. Later it was a style. In those days people had big pants, candy necklaces, Polo/Ralph Lauren shirts, pacifiers, big piercings, and colored hair. You also had a store here L.S.D. - Liquid Sky Designs which was sort of the headquarters which was also where all bus trips left to attend raves in different states. Maybe you saw the robot logo. It was run by DJ - Soul Slinger.

-----

That Aphex Digeridoo track was the classic break beat sound in the early mid nineties which came and left.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I think I went to that party. That was Special K / Circle productions from Philly that did the It parties. What year was that?

-----

edit:

Yeah I was right.. I just found an article:

It’s been a long time, but Circle (formerly Special K) is back with another "It" party. Since the mid-’90s, unforgettable raves like "Bust It," "Do It," "Chocol-It" and the notorious "It" (held at the Valley Forge Convention Center) all helped to shape Philly’s electronic music scene with class and taste..
- article

man I have a good memory.. Actually our bus broke down on the way to that party.
edit on 30-10-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
U.K. Scene , I blame rave for screwing up my education!

And I wouldn't change it for the world 🌎
Every flyer taped to the wall πŸ‘

Vibelite πŸ‘
Dreamscape πŸ‘
Helter skelter πŸ‘
Donny warehouse πŸ‘

Do dougall
Carl cox
Vibes and the lively

Best set was vibes and lively and Dougall DREAMSCAPE 20

Listen to that , pure quality happy hardcore.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
who remembers this once great?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Now maybe not but up until about 2006 my area had a big rave culture of it's own.

NE England had a big Spanish rave scene, still does to an extent and nobody can tell me the UK hardcore scene didn't exist after the 90's I was old enough for that

DJ's like Scott Brown, Hixxy, Sy, Recon, Sharkey, Gammer, Ham and many many more were still BANGING the hits out and sessions way up till 2010 at least. Still today record labels like Pont Aeri and Makina are exporting to the UK. Rave isn't dead it just evolved.

Speaking of evolving I'm sure Scott Brown is still kicking new records out on his multiple labels.. I might not have sampled the early stuff in person but I have a brother with a record collection to envy and he is bangin at old sets. The newer stuff? Well lets just say I'm HTID

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I was listening to vibes and lively the other day, there is no better.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
All ties in with my first hols abroad ,
MAGALUF 89
And been every year since πŸ‘
Love the Euro dance

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join