It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An intention of poor choices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

One of the hardest words i ever heard an acquaintance say was;" I dont believe it was her intention to kill my child, so i cant hate her. I mourn the loss of my child.. She made a choice to drive, a poor choice, to have a few drinks and drive home.. Here it is okay.. Do you think the same would have happened at home? "

Hearing those words hurts, knowing what those words meant hurts even more, realizing his cultural upbringing in Scandinavia influenced his words and his mentality, but furthermore his will to take this to court even to the WhiteHouse if he has to.. Where i live its not just your responsibility to act in a way that is respectful and tolerant, its every citizens duty to lecture those who cant take responsibility of their of actions..

A few dont realize our view on alcohol is zero tolerance, someone who might look and talk like a human, under the influence of alcohol becomes just another primate.. You arent allowed to walk the streets drunk, nor drink in open places.. Why? It might sound harsh, even cruel.. But our state protects the citizens and those who think the world is their for the taking, well they face the harsh reality of Society beating you into submission..

Were i live we know people will make poor choices, we regulate those choices, make new laws and even rules.. Our system is built on intention and freewill that you make the right decisions.. And when someone makes a wrong decision, Adults will tell you;" Do you think this is right?

How one selfish act could change the course for the lives of a family,

A 72 year old woman made the choice as a child to drink and drive, and on 133rd st. Hawthorne a child didnt get to celebrate his second birthday on Christmas eve..

I hope and believe in Mr. Kowal, fight, fight, fight.. Its something you done all your life, you have my support and backing..

The change comes when everyone is responsible for someones else poor choices..

edit on 20161029 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
Here it is okay.. Do you think the same would have happened at home? "

No, here it is NOT okay, any more than it is anywhere else.

but furthermore his will to take this to court even to the WhiteHouse if he has to.

That makes no sense whatsoever. The White House is not in the loop here. It's not part of the court system--intentionally.

Were i live we know people will make poor choices, we regulate those choices, make new laws and even rules..

The regulations, laws, and rules are almost verbatim the same.

The change comes when everyone is responsible for someones else poor choices..

The change comes when everyone takes responsibility for their own choices and stops blaming everyone else.

edit on 10/29/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

everyone is entitled to an opinion..

Ill link a page where it kinda declares an American standpoint on driving under the influence of .....

Visual aid - FActs

Now i saved the picture.. And will post it, it might get easier reading it..?

Edit: I didnt work the picture was tooo large to post cause it was so much colors, and numbers and stuff..

And no, in society, its everyone.. But its damn good to just look after your own # isnt it?
edit on 20161029 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Many people here know bits and pieces of my story, many don't. Some may remember my descent into depression and grief. My ex would gloat that he was a better driver drunk than sober. For all my complaining to the courts, I still had to allow him to pick them up. Honestly I blame the courts and the judge who over looked the fact he lost his license due to DUI as much as I blame him. I was threatened with contempt of court if I refused to allow them to go with a visibly intoxicated man. I made a mistake, I feared losing custody, when I should have feared losing them more.

Justice was not served. He went on to father another child, I am left mere memories and photographs of my 3 angels.

new topics

top topics

join