It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we layoff the hero worship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So many people were in such a hurry to lay out this huge hero memorial and put patches on uniforms and they have no clue what this guy was. So what if he could throw a fast ball with heat and he was some kind of community rock star that was supposed to be an example for youth. I knew when this boat crash happened that he was doing something he shouldn't be, either drunk off his butt or drugged out, guess what it was both. Now that hero worship doesn't seem so smart does it?

Okay, tragic it may have been, but it seems as though he begged for it to happen, by not only his behavior choices, the fact they were in the ocean flying around on a speed boat at night just makes this all the more reasonable to have happened the way it did. Maybe he can be an example to everyone what not to be doing, especially if you are a major league player making millions for playing a game.

Toxicolo gy report shows Jose Fernandez drunk, used coc aine

Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez had coc aine in his system and was legally drunk when he was killed in a boating accident last month, according to autopsy and toxicology reports obtained Saturday by ESPN. A toxicology report from the Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner Department showed that coc aine and multiple other substances were detected in Fernandez's blood. Fernandez, 24, had a blood alcohol content of .147, nearly twice the legal limit, when his boat crashed into a Miami Beach jetty Sept. 25.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Think about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Paul walker died and boo who.
The other guy in the car....meh

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
He played for a living. I can't respect anyone who plays games for a living or plays dress-up in front of a camera.

They are ridiculously well-paid for nothing really serious, impressive, or socially redeeming.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Grew up on the opposite coast down there, with fishermen (shrimpers, specifically) from my sister-in-law's family.

None of them supported drinking & boating, verbatim quote from one brother: "Only a retard with a deathwish drinks on the water."

I tend to agree with that brother. Smart folks don't drink & boat. Drunk drowning is just too damn easy to screw up & have happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Really? You, TOO!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
He played for a living. I can't respect anyone who plays games for a living or plays dress-up in front of a camera.

They are ridiculously well-paid for nothing really serious, impressive, or socially redeeming.

Nothing impressive about being among the most talented individuals on Earth at what they do? So, same goes for the world's greatest singers, pianists, sculptors, etc.?

Baseball players wouldn't be paid so well if what they do wasn't enjoyed by so many people. Entertainment is a pleasurable part of life. It's sad and bizarre that some people don't understand human joy, fun, pleasure. All work and seriousness all the time?

And yes, it's referred to as "playing", but these guys worked harder and continue to do so than most of us ever will to get to where they are.

As for "hero worship" - has anyone at all come out and applauded him for making bad choices ending in his death?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

lets hope you never do anything stupid in your lifetime .

because you know, there are people who judge your character based on a single mistake... right.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

There's just sadness because he was so young and talented-he made a dumb mistake-he entertained millions-why not mourn his tragic passing-he meant alot to many more people than probably you or I will. That's not hero worship-that's sadness. Why so angry-jealous?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: 123143

Nothing impressive about being among the most talented individuals on Earth at what they do? So, same goes for the world's greatest singers, pianists, sculptors, etc.?

Baseball players wouldn't be paid so well if what they do wasn't enjoyed by so many people. Entertainment is a pleasurable part of life. It's sad and bizarre that some people don't understand human joy, fun, pleasure. All work and seriousness all the time?

And yes, it's referred to as "playing", but these guys worked harder and continue to do so than most of us ever will to get to where they are.

As for "hero worship" - has anyone at all come out and applauded him for making bad choices ending in his death?

I applaud the "little" people - The guy who delivers my mail every day, the gal who checks me out at the grocery store, the man who collects my garbage, the librarian who feeds my insatiable habit, the waitress who keeps refilling my coffee, the man who sees that my cat is healthy, the man who works on my car, the elderly lady who works the drive-thru window, the girls who look after my mother who has dementia, the men and women who pick my fruits and vegetables, the farmers who grow them.

THESE are the people who should be making millions.
edit on 10/30/16 by 123143 because: F***ING AUTO-CORRECT.

edit on 10/30/16 by 123143 because: F***ING AUTO-CORRECT.

new topics

top topics

join