It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial opens over Elian Gonzalez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com... 519&u=/ap/20050124/ap_on_re_us/cuban_boy_lawsuit_1&printer=1

Trial Opens Over Raid on Elian Gonzalez

Mon Jan 24, 2:28 PM ET

MIAMI - A trial opened Monday in a $3 million-plus lawsuit by 13 people who say they were injured or traumatized when federal agents seized a screaming Elian Gonzalez from his Miami relatives' home.

The opening witness was neighbor Maria Riera, who testified that she clutched her chest and thought she was dying when an agent doused her with tear gas during the April 22, 2000, raid to reunite the 6-year-old boy with his father in Cuba.

Its back. Relatives and friends suing over this case and how it was handled. I think they have a pretty good case

[edit on 24-1-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why they waited so long to do this, I think the whole Elian Gonzales was turn into a media circus by the relatives without regard for the safety of the child itself.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, the child would have remained more than safe in this country and the relatives only wanted to love him and protect him. Instead he was returned to a father in Cuba who had been out of the picture for awhile and returned to Castro for his daily brainwashing sessions. I saw pictures of him after his return with the "red" communist shirt and scarf in school taking part in their daily homage to Fidel. The child could have had freedom, and there was no need to submit him to an overnight raid to make him suffer.
Anyhow, i think these people may have a case, i could be wrong. They can thank the evil Janet Reno for that.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
us.news2.yimg.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 24-1-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
evil Janet Reno

A prime candidate for a visit to the hot place where little creatures with pitchforks wait for unsuspecting members of US Government.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

They can thank the evil Janet Reno for that.

I'll admit! I'm totally loss for words at this statement! I can't believe that you would even think of such a thing!

Anyhow, I agree with you a million percent!

Janet Reno should have been on trial for Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Talk about a NAZI! She's the worst thing that ever happened in the U.S. government.

Thank you dgtempe! Thank you!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Awww, come on, Inter, do you think i'm all bad??
I like to call a spade a spade, sorry you dont agree with me most of the time, but, this conspiracy site is for debates, right? We must learn from each other, and see what happens sometimes?
Its all good.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Awww, come on, Inter, do you think i'm all bad??
I like to call a spade a spade, sorry you dont agree with me most of the time, but, this conspiracy site is for debates, right? We must learn from each other, and see what happens sometimes?
Its all good.

You're such a sweetheart!

EDIT: I do like ready all the opinions of all the members and do look forward to yours!

Catch you on the flipside!

[edit on 24/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am surprised and pleased to see the comments on this topic. Some basics apply to all of us I think.

Stuck in my mind is the picture of them dragging that poor little boy out of the closet with a gun pointed at him. This may not be exactly accurate but it is what comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I dont know im thinking this is a money grab. Its clear that this is not Elian Gonzalez's relatives with this case, They might have a good case. But these are just neighbors, And $3 million bucks
I think people are looking for a nice payday.

You know how many raids go down each day in the US? That would make alot of traumatized neighbors we got in the US.

new topics

top topics

join