It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milk protein lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
The source I originally read was mind blowing, and also creditable. I can't find it though.

There are a dozenish studies that claim milk helps your memory. Obviously it was the suggestion part that took my interest, as our overlords demand we drink Milk, and most of the rest of the world doesn't. Essentially there are some parts of it to help the mother 'calm' the child and drinking it makes you influence-able.

I will research and see if I find anything, but please post here any links you may already have.

originally posted by: Morrad
Hi Agartha,

It was late here when I posted yesterday and I wrote my post very quickly. I hope it didn't come across as aggressive or condescending.

No, don't worry, you are posting very interesting stuff and I'm enjoying talking to you.

As you aware, small studies often lead to larger studies in attempt for replication and valiation.

I was a healthcare provider as well prior to my current ill health. My knowledge of nutrition, outside of my area of expertise, is limited. I use that site as its actually a meta-analysis of all available scientific research with links to all the studies (50, 000 of them). If you search for Vitamin C there is very little evidence of positive effects from robust double-blind studies at normal doses.

A study from the website you linked to has another study which says the opposite.

Sorry but that link that says the opposite is from 1997 and the one I posted is from 2013... I tend to research articles that are only a couple of years old.

I have researched all the supplements I take in regard to my current illness. Vitamin D supplements are now officially recommended during the winter months in the UK as we are too far North to receive sufficient quality sunlight to manufacture it ourselves.

You are absolutely right, vitamin D is a must in the UK, especially up North (I live in the UK). Evidence suggests that only 2 vitamins are worth taking: vitamin D (people don't realize how important it is) and zinc (which is a must in winter as it affects the replication of rhinoviruses and helps getting rid of colds quicker).

I take Co-Enzyme Q10 which has robust evidence for a marked reduction in neuropathic pain at 200mg doses. It is expensive but it does work for me.

I am not familiar with Co-enzyme Q10, I will have to read about it.

Mascarpone cheese, of course you are right. It was late. Apologies.

No need to apologise, italian names must sound all simila to non-Italian speakers! lol

new topics

<< 1   >>

join