It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dakota Sniper Kills 11 Year Old Girl At Pipeline Standoff

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

That's the problem with social media...it's a constant struggle to discern what is true and what is hyperbolic bullsh!t. It speaks volumes about how willing people are to believe something just because it was shared by a friend or family member.

It's great that they do corrections, but most people are still going to roll their eyes and scroll past anything that cannot be verified with a search. Putting serious allegations like this on facebook, with not one whisper about it on any media outlet, is guaranteed to be dismissed as nonsense. Essentially, if there really is a cover-up going on, these people are actually facilitating it by taking the social media route; undermining their own credibility and weakening their position.

I am appalled at the behavior from both sides of this battle, to be honest. The footage that I've seen does not support the claim that this is a peaceful protest. Where is the honor in throwing trash and feces at law enforcement, in stooping to their level? How is that peaceful? I fully support their reasons for protesting, but behavior like that should be beneath these people. And when this thing goes completely sideways...and it will...that's the behavior that the American public will remember. That is the way the rest of the country will see all of our people; a bunch of unruly heathens who stand around and throw sh!t at people when they don't get what they want.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Been following this closely and I haven't heard of anyone getting shot yet. I did see some videos yesterday of police smiling while bashing someone in the teeth with a nightstick that severely ####ed me off. There was a sniper on top of one of the polices military vehicles pointing their rifle at people the whole time though.

It's crazy to me that police from other states actually volunteer to travel and spray people in the eyes with mace and beat them because they're protesting a huge government-corporation running pipes of hazardous chemicals under their water supply.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

There are several outlets reporting a shooting injury a couple of days ago, but they say the law wasn't involved.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

I don't see any evidence of a little girl being shot, however what the police are doing to these people is unconstitutional.

Let's put it this way: We The People do not deserve clean drinking water, because the oil corporations are above the laws of our land now.

This is what is being demonstrated, oil greed to get the corporation to have their pipeline push through the land. The oil company has paid for protection to get the job done.

These oil companies don't care about the environment or pollution if their pipeline breaks and destroys the drinking water.

Why they don't care? Because the owners of the pipeline don't live in that location for starters, second, they don't give a damn about humanity, Greed is what motivates these sick people.

The police demonstrate they are the Brown shirts bought and paid for by political greed, Money is Power!

This is no different when the white man came to America and stole the land from the indians over two hundred years ago.

Greed is the cause of this problem, these oil corporation will not negotiate with the American people.

In the end Greed will win as this is well demonstrated in our country for over two hundred years.

Without money this problem would not exist.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Watched the videos and these cops reminded me to the GeStaPo!
Some of them even wear brown shirts.
It´s the new, the company GeStaPo, Heil Globalisation, Heil mutlinational acting companies, Heil big money, Heil Banksters...

edit on 29 10 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

That's the problem with social media...it's a constant struggle to discern what is true and what is hyperbolic bullsh!t. It speaks volumes about how willing people are to believe something just because it was shared by a friend or family member.

It's great that they do corrections, but most people are still going to roll their eyes and scroll past anything that cannot be verified with a search. Putting serious allegations like this on facebook, with not one whisper about it on any media outlet, is guaranteed to be dismissed as nonsense. Essentially, if there really is a cover-up going on, these people are actually facilitating it by taking the social media route; undermining their own credibility and weakening their position.

I am appalled at the behavior from both sides of this battle, to be honest. The footage that I've seen does not support the claim that this is a peaceful protest. Where is the honor in throwing trash and feces at law enforcement, in stooping to their level? How is that peaceful? I fully support their reasons for protesting, but behavior like that should be beneath these people. And when this thing goes completely sideways...and it will...that's the behavior that the American public will remember. That is the way the rest of the country will see all of our people; a bunch of unruly heathens who stand around and throw sh!t at people when they don't get what they want.

I agree some of what I've seen on the front lines of the protest HAS been needless provocation. I also saw Native security move those people to the back and tell them if they couldn't control themselves they would be removed.
It's been my understanding lots of those who claim to be there in solidarity are actually there to further their own agenda's and are being weeded out due to their bad behavior.

I disagree about the use of social media to continue to get the word out. This has been going on since April and the MSM wouldn't touch it. Without folks reporting conditions on blog sites and on FB we still wouldn't know much. Vetting your information is still the best way to go, but a lot being reported on FB has been truthful, and yes the good the bad and the ugly on both sides.

Ultimately ND has no real jurisdiction in this. It's a federal matter and they apparently are taking a "hands off" approach right now. Native Issues have always been the third rail of politics and that hasn't changed.

The link to the indian country video showed women being hauled out of tents and trailers, tossed on the ground and maced/pepper sprayed. Law enforcement didn't even give them time to come out on their own. Had this happened to a BLM group the entire country would be rioting. In Ferguson much more than feces being tossed was done and the response was much more proportional to what we are seeing in ND. The double standard is appalling.

Can't say I am going to think less of Native people because of a few bad apples.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
so still no confirmed reports, just social media "rumors".

real legit...

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

That's the problem with social media...it's a constant struggle to discern what is true and what is hyperbolic bullsh!t.

Not really a problem, assume "social media" is 100% crap, and you will very rarely be wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

I'll start with this...I have great respect for the Native Americans (and Canadians) who have been affected by the energy industry. I also know that the vast majority of these natives have profited from the energy industry,

But...having said that, I live and work in one of the most active energy areas in North America (Alberta, Canada) and definitely the most hated on energy producing area globally. We jump through hoops that other jurisdictions can't imagine, except maybe Northern BC, Canada. We get groups of these natives up here who send one brother out to protest and another brother out to collect money from the oil companies directly, and the 3rd brother to work on the pipeline or the rig to support the family. They're dishonest and they play it every way they can. They lie about things up here, all the time. They stand in the highways blocking oilfield transportation vehicles while running their own tribe-owned oil company that sits on one of the richest oil reserves in the area. They only hate on oil when the white men are taking it out of the ground. They're more than happy to sell you their oil though.

Call me a racist, but this is the world I live in. They'll say anything to make themselves look like victims.

Oh and one more thing...I challenge every single one of these anti-energy industry protesters to live a week or two on a rig or pipeline construction job. The safety regulations, especially in Canada, are second to none. You can't spill coffee on the ground without a cleanup plan and a soil analysis. When leaks happen, they'll tear down entire facilities - even gas stations in the middle of cities (I can give you street view addresses if you'd like) and the plot of land will sit fenced off, and every couple years they'll come in and aerate the soil by digging it up, moving it around in piles with a hoe, and then re-leveling it. In the forested areas its much more stringent. These brickheads should go protest industries that are true polluters.

Thank you for providing the other side of the conflict.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

How is it being racist?

I've heard of such things before, like a group "protesting" something as a means to get more money out of the big mining company...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I don't have any more or less respect for the native Americans than I do any other group of people. Some of the ones I've met are some of the most virulently racist people I've ever come across.

Acknowledging that doesn't make me, or anybody else, a racist. Curious that you're more interested in attacking the one making an observation rather than the observation itself.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Because man you can't say you respect a group of people and then point out their faults.

Dats racist.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Since the conversation "went there"
Native peoples are just as diverse as anyone else. Calling Flyonthewall racist is BS. What he/she see in their area is just as valid as the flip side of it. It's like expecting everyone in the US to be pro-gun or pro consumerism. Their leaders line their pockets just as ours do in DC. Actually I should say, some do and some don't. Same as ours.

Everyone's got to eat and make a living. Not everyone can afford to be an paragon of virtue. By calling Flyonthewall a racist you have bought into the stereotype of "the noble savage" so just how prejuduiced in this are you? Everyone grasps at the opportunities placed in front of them.

I have yet to meet a person who turned down a promotion at work because they worked with someone else who'd be a better pick. You can disagree with an oil companies record of land restoration after a spill, or pollution yet have no choice in working for them since it's the only industry where you live.

Look at Beaumont TX, or Houston. It's ALL oil.
Same up in Alberta.

Hope this cools everyones jets and we can get back on topic?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18
Here in this country, we took their land. We systematically killed them off. Then, we herded them onto land we said would always be theirs....called "reservations."

If the oil is on their land, under their land, it's theirs to sell, anyway, at least legally, in this country....
There's a lot more to say about your attitude, but I'm just gonna stick with that, because that's the law in this country. To this group of people, in this country, promises made were almost always broken.

ETA: And, just as the poster above me pointed out, so some of the same families protesting have members working for the industry they are protesting against...lol. They still gotta have somewhere to live, pay their bills, etc. What's a whistleblower, anyway, at least, here.....
While you're stealing what's really mine and making money off it, I should be homeless and starving, trying to get something done about it?
edit on 30-10-2016 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Can't find anything on this...hoax?

Shailene Woodley has been out there protesting, and getting arrested. She has posted pictures of the snipers on her Instagram. If this story were true, she would most definitely be posting about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Can't find anything on this...hoax?

The video in the Original Post was apparently pulled by the person who created it as well. I think this is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It would be all over the place if true, sick people lie about this kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oh yeah, it's gone. Man, lying about this stuff does not help their cause.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
not so, tetra...no truth in most of those details....we didn't take their land, although crap flew for decades...smallpox yes, I know
but the natives are our brothers...in Texas I have my first brother...Quannah Parker...a scholar and businessman...loved his mum, God love her
Sitting Bull went to meet the President back east and he saw the machines and big brick downtown buildings....he told his people...

the camp blocking the engineers on the pipeline is better than staying out-of-view and unscrewing tire valve stems at night or drilling holes in hoses...

they had to be non-destruction...huh!!

a reply to: tetra50

edit on 30-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 30-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh, I'm not saying they shouldn't continue to post on facebook. It will get exposure and a good number of people will pay attention. But if they want to be seen as the good guys in all this, they need to continue to reach out to the media...not just MSM either. If they don't get some kind of legit media coverage, the government will either paint them as the villains in this, or they'll bury it so no one who isn't a follower of social media will know anything is going on up there.

I don't agree with what BLM has done either, and you're right that they've behaved far worse. However, I am speaking as a Native American when I say that I am appalled at the behavior of these people. There is no honor in it, no pride in their people to resort to such base behavior as throwing sh!t at other people. Monkeys do that, not human beings.

It is shameful, as is the behavior of law enforcement up there. Nothing makes that OK. Two wrongs do not make a right. This is not the way.

It's good to hear that they're weeding out the riffraff. Now what they need is some positive, supportive media coverage to show the public that they're not like BLM, that they're truly conducting a peaceful operation and ousting anyone who refuses to comply. What little media coverage there is has already opened the door to negative spin; I saw at least four links last night for articles about the shooting up there stating in big block letters that "law enforcement was NOT involved in the shooting". They're already drawing a line. They're not shooting Native Americans with live rounds...they're using nonlethals.

The Natives are shooting at each other, and at officers of the law. Crazy Indian woman recklessly fires a gun into the crowd...that's the hook right there. Now there's been a public allegation made that law enforcement killed a child...yet no media has reported on it and there is no evidence that such a thing actually occurred. Well...the natural assumption of a lot of people is going to be that they made it up to create drama and garner sympathy.

That is going to impact the way people regard Natives in general. Let's take your own example of BLM. Right here on this site, which is supposed to be dedicated to denying ignorance, you've got posters immediately associating anything race related and violent with BLM...before anything is confirmed or corroborated indicating that there is an actual connection, they've already branded the people involved as being affiliated with BLM. In fact, some of them get downright nasty if anyone tries to tell them otherwise.

Well...the same thing can happen with regard to Native Americans...particularly with the volatile state of the nation right now. BLM, the actual movement, is a peaceful one. But it attracts people who use its name to promote violence and chaos for their own ends. Pretty soon, everyone associates the movement as a whole with violence and mayhem, hatred and rage. The original message is lost forever in the noise. That is the path I see being traveled here, and it is a source of great concern. I fear for those people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join