It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An animals soul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I’ve never really understood mankind’s belief that the creator of all things would love us more than all other of his creations. That the life force instilled in each of us is somehow grander than the life force in the animals and plants and Mother Earth herself.

We’ve always felt the need to be so very special that we’ve even proclaimed that God made us in his very image. Yep, Looks just like us he does. Try telling that to a cat, or an otter. Ever watched an Otter at play? They’ll go sliding down a slippery slope and then head first into the ocean and when they surface I swear they’re laughing. Then they run back up the slope to do it again. If I get to come back as an animal I’m coming back as an otter.

The conceit of the human mind is truly something to behold. We have no doubt that we’re the highest of all Gods creations. But tell me, what is it we do that animals don’t?

Ants wage war and even take slaves. Dogs feel guilt when they know they’ve done something wrong, And if you’ve ever looked into those sad doggy eyes you not only know what I mean but you’ve forgiven them on the spot. Jane Goodall has proven that monkeys make and use tools. Birds have been filmed making tools as well. I admit were a bit better at it but by no means is the trait distinctive to mankind only.

I’ve even read where a scientist was studying prairie dogs and one day while doing field research he noticed something really odd. Two prairie dogs were standing on burrows close to each other when one of them started chatting with the other. The other started chatting right back. He said in his report that they had a conversation that lasted a good ten minutes before one of them made a final chirp and went back inside. Now I can just imagine how that conversation went.

Prairie Dog 1: “Have you noticed that strange creature over the hill watching us?”

Prairie Dog 2: “Its called a human and they don’t seem too bright if you ask me. They don’t even have holes in the ground to live in”

Prairie Dog 1: “Now that is just sad…”

I suppose in the interest of being fair I should mention that there actually is one little trait that mankind has that has never been discovered to exist in any other species. We are the only animal that will invite a totally different species into our home just for the sheer pleasure of their company. Mankind is unique in that we have pets. We feed them, we love them, we share our lives with them and all we ask in return is there mutual love.

Do animals have souls? Yes, Yes a thousand times they do for if they did not, then neither would we.

Love and light,

Wupy

PS: This is just my humble opinion….

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Your humble opinion is very well written, just like your others.

Very good job

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Its so true, sometimes it brings me tears that I can't really understand the way other life forms exist and their way of thinking... Do we help in making their Souls as a result of having them in our lives, I know they do for me.
Good question, its a simple answer.. Yes, it's a part of our world to share our/their compassion for life..

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
nicely written, no offense meant here but imo this doesn't fit into the short stories category, You could have made this into a very interesting thread too. but regardless I am glad your shared your thoughts, I feel the same way about animals too.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I agree that this was probably too short to go into the short story section, I just wasn't sure where else to put it.

Maybe its not to late to make it into a thread...hmmmmmm

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Beautiful, yes, yes and yes, they have souls and they feel, I have three beautiful dogs and all you have to do is look in their eyes and you know is more in those littler hairy bodies that just a pet or an animal.

Yes dogs have souls.

Very honest and beautiful story It just make my hart jump on my chest.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Do animals have souls? Yes, Yes a thousand times they do for if they did not, then neither would we.

Poetry has a special kind of logic, and you've got it. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
marg6043, You were very deep in your reply, you answered for allot of us the same thought! Thanks!

top topics

join