It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Flying Saucers need power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi it's me again, and I didn't want to inundate you all with a bunch of far fetched stories, but this is the only other UFO experience in my family that needs mentioning. I just talked to my dad about this story tonight so I could post as accurate events as I could. My dad is 82 years old now and the story has never changed once when he's told it. I used to be skeptical of the UFO stories, but my father and I have a very strong relationship, he would never lie to me.

My dad was a Tree Trimmer for Consumer Powers and they had just put in a new line through the woods. This happened to run parallel to one of the roads my dad took to get to work. One morning he was heading to work and when he got up to the spot that was by the new line he saw a bright flash and some smoke come off the lines through the trees. He explains it as

"sometimes a tree branch will fall and cross the lines and cause it to short out. for a second thats what I thought it was, but it was a brand new line and we had just trimmed all the trees. I pulled my truck over and got out to see what it was when I saw a disk shaped object rise real slow up off the lines where the flash came from and it moved slowly across the tree-tops and then stopped and hovered for a second. It was metal colored or shiny, it was dark, almost like it had a haze around it, but there was colored lights through the center of it that were flashing all around it. The it started rising up and picked up tremendous speed and in an instant it was gone"

He walked back to the power lines and looked at the spot where it came up, both of the brand new lines were burnt up in a spot as wide as the thing that came off them was.

Weird huh? I've never heard of any other stories like this. I wouldn't imagine an alien craft relying on a power source from our planet. What other reason would it have landed/hovered on the powerlines like that for?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Actually, in the earlier days of UFOlogy, the sightings dealing with power lines were pretty prolific...

One of the theories being that they somehow utilized them their electromagnetic energy for some purpose, perhaps stabilization during a repair, etc. I believe most such sightings were during stormy weather, but been a while since I've looked into it. I do recall multiple accounts of this though, mostly in the 50's....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So, the reason you don't hear of it now is..because they have their own bases here on earth and land and repair them in a hangar?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There was a sighting in Ohio last year where a UFO was seen near powerlines. I will try to get a link for you. Interesting.

Okay found it.
Centervill Ohio Incident

home.fuse.net...

And

home.fuse.net...

[edit on 1/24/2005 by Leading Lady]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You still have to change the flux capacitor every 3,000 light years though.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Interesting, and as usual TPTB tried to cover the whole incident up.
LOL! You know how they are.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leading Lady
There was a sighting in Ohio last year where a UFO was seen near powerlines. I will try to get a link for you. Interesting.

Okay found it.
Centervill Ohio Incident

home.fuse.net...

And

home.fuse.net...

WOW! Thanks for the links.

new topics

top topics

join