It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A self-harming transgender teenager and a conflict of moral decision-making

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Cutting. I know someone who did that when she was a teenager. She bashed her head until bloody once. She never got better. Was always seeing service workers and taking her pills. She took a lot of different pills over the years, trying to find something which worked. She's been in and out of institutions her whole life. It's hard to be around someone like that. I think I'm not entirely a balanced person either, so it was very hard dealing with her.

Personally I think they hate themselves. They don't really know how to solve the probems and they don't evne understand the problems. They're confused, hurt and feeling vulnerable. You know how some people say "F*** the wolrd. It's f******* up."? Well these people say "F*** me. I'm f******* up."

I also think differnt people respond different to the feelings of confusion and vulnerability. I think some people will cry and cut themselves and are easier to help, and others won't do that. They instead get angry and resist. All their life they been pushed away and labelled and the vulnerability they feeling just makes them want to be even more independent. So their way of hurting themselves is simply to go it alone. Almost impossible ot help them.
edit on 10/29/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I was watching a discussion programme on TV a week or so ago on this same

subject of children and transgender. In this programme during the breaks a

question is posed to the audience/viewers about the subject being discussed.

The question was (from memory) how many people regret starting or going full

transgender......25% 35% or 75%.

The answer on the programme coming back on was, and i was very surprised at it, 75%.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I think it's most likely your parents who make you that way.

They do it on purpose, I think. They parent you into being a moody, miserable sop who gets a thrill out of scaring and worrying them to premature gray hair - and rightly so, those vile, hideous parents. They deserve to be punished by their over-priviliged, bratty offspring. They deserve it for creating over-privileged, bratty offspring in the first place.

They created a monster. That's what they get for home schooling her, and wanting her to get a good start in life. They must have home schooled her about maggots and measles, emotional blackmail. In art class she'd produce lovely murals and collages of her dead parents and siblings...self portraic being a somewhat demonic looking, axe-weilding little girl.

"Look, Daddy! Look at what I drawed!"
"Gee, honesy...that's, er...oh my god!"

This is an open and shut case of neglect and child abuse by the childs biological parents! Take them into custody!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: Morrad

I was watching a discussion programme on TV a week or so ago on this same

subject of children and transgender. In this programme during the breaks a

question is posed to the audience/viewers about the subject being discussed.

The answer on the programme coming back on was, and i was very surprised at it, 75%.

I would be very, very careful on who you listen to regarding transgenders.

As far as I know, there are very few, regrets - - - and that's from experts who know.

Recommended expert: Dr. Johanna Olson, Adolescent Medicine, Assistant Professor, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.

www.hrc.org...

edit on 29-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Quick recap for anyone just getting involved in this....

...ust getting involved in this little, uh... she's girl, bright, home schooled.

Mum and dad reckon she was a clever lass, happy, well adjusted, zero problems from this lass. It was probaby idyllic, as I picture it in my tiny mind. She's being given elocution lessons in the secret garden by a wisened old butler who looked like Michael Caine in the Batman films.

She stands in that garden, sometimes for an hour, maybe more...on one leg, reciting poetry.

With a book balanced on her head. What a perfect daughter! You'd kill for a daughter like that. You'd eat your own head for such a wonderful child. Then she's all oing on about how she wants to be a nurse, bless her she's only young.

She probably thinks it's all nice, looking after sick people and making them better. It's that maternal thing that drives the wimmin to do these jobs which in reality are filthy and horrible.

So the parents, being animals that they are, were like..."Well, wee bonnie lass...we cunnuh teach yei tei bei a norse! Yei needs a formal edoocayshun leek!" and they packed her off to a regular, pleb school.

Next thing you know she's anorexic, lesbian, transgerner...goes by the nae of Mark, yeah! Salf harming, there are social workers...you name it she's the rebel without a clue.

And everyone's like - damn those horrible, nasty parents! This poor lass, is suffering!

From self inflicted wounds! No, her parents raised her in such a way that it would lead to her inevitably becoming a moron.

that's essentially the nuts and bolts of the story, and I told it well.

Fin.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDots
I don't know what you ate this morning or what you're getting at. I'll just restate what I said more briefly. I knew someone who cut herself and it's not pretty. Please tell me the last time you bashed your head until you bled and needed to go to emergency? To say someone would overdose because she's trying to manipulate her parents is grossly mistaken. Nobody plays with killing themselves or cutting themselves to get attention or to terrorize their parents. They're hurting on a deep level. Insinuating they're not is callous. Who knows where the hurting is coming from. This hurt makes them hate themselves sometimes. Maybe they blame themselves somehow. Like how some teenagers cut themselves because they can't lose weight and get tormented by their peers? My second point was some people don't respond this way to the vulnerability. Instead of cutting themselves and crying they get angry and withdrawn. They go it alone to their own detriment. "Life is s*** and we all die alone."
edit on 10/29/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

As far as I know, there are very few, regrets - - - and that's from experts who know

I am in the UK ....

It was a programme of and for ordinary people, discussing subjects no experts....

However I am sure they got legitimate facts for the question asked otherwise they

would have compromised their integrity?

Experts?? there are always some better than others.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

My diet is of no concern to you. Strange, that you should mention it.

If you can't see the obvious there's nothing anyone can do. Seems to me there's an external force or influence of some kind at play here. It has been grinding away for some time now and is gaining momentum.

I can imagine this girl - the proverbial kid in the candy story only not. Sheltered, probably ate roast beef every Sunday with her parents and went to mass.

Then one day she goes out to the big school and before you know it she's coming home in shorter skirts and caked in makeup. All of the signals being fed to them on television, magazines, radio, the net, in school...and of course, other kids.

The thing about parenting is there's no accounting for what the other guy is doing...I mean you can be the best driver in the world bt if you encounter Mr Magoo on the road you might want to give him a wide berth, no?

Parents are to blame for one thing...being compliant and complicit. It's easier now for your kids to be raised by xbox or the 'net. Kids see things now that most of us adults didn't have access to. It's all out there for the taking and being taken it is, and the evidence is there for anyone simply willing to look and acknowledge it.

This girl isn't a monster, just sensory overload.

I had a friend, mid 20's had never played a round of golf. Don't blame him, boring to watch, worse to play. But since I'd layed we agreed to go out one Saturday morning and I'd get him into it. So we met up, he was excited like a child. I was kinda meh and wanted to get it over with. Next time I saw him he's like Mr Golf, all draped in wolly stuff with diamonds and plus fours. I was like hey, you going for a game of golf? He's like...nah, I'm going down the shop for a paper.

Now I made that story up but you see the point...I've met girls like this. We'd see them go home from school, us over that side of the fence where people have old bits of engine in their front garden...and no grass. Them in nice, green blazers, all really nice looking. Straight home for a starter, main course them pudding before retiring to the drawing room to play charades.

Then they get involved with someone who's a little more worldy, streetwise...next thing they're sleeping around and rebelling...loving it.

I'm sure she's really hurting, somewhere.
edit on 29-10-2016 by ThreeDots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Now hang on a minute. This is nowhere near correct.

Surgical regret is actually very uncommon. Virtually every modern study puts it below 4 percent, and most estimate it to be between 1 and 2 percent (Cohen-Kettenis & Pfafflin 2003, Kuiper & Cohen-Kettenis 1998, Pfafflin & Junge 1998, Smith 2005, Dhejne 2014). In some other recent longitudinal studies, none of the subjects expressed regret over medically transitioning (Krege et al. 2001, De Cuypere et al. 2006).

These findings make sense given the consistent findings that access to medical care improves quality of life along many axes, including sexual functioning, self-esteem, body image, socioeconomic adjustment, family life, relationships, psychological status and general life satisfaction. This is supported by the numerous studies (Murad 2010, De Cuypere 2006, Kuiper 1988, Gorton 2011, Clements-Nolle 2006) that also consistently show that access to GCS reduces suicidality by a factor of three to six (between 67 percent and 84 percent).

Myths About Transition Regrets

People are/can be transgender whether they transition or not. This isn't a choice or something that "starts". The decision to transition can be a choice for some and whether that includes medically transitioning and how much is up to the individual and is different for everyone. Roughly, only about a third of the people that transition full time actually have sex change surgery and "regret" in this group is very very low.

Keep in mind also that transgender children and transgender adults aren't the same thing. The only regrets experienced in my life came from my mother that told me before she died that she was sorry she spent the first 14/15 years of my life trying to raise me as a boy I never was. Those were the most depressing, anxiety filled hardest years of my life.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

From the information available, scarce as it is, it would appear that some are privvy to information the rest of us are not.

My understanding was that the girl displayed no prior desire to be a boy...this would appear to have came on over a relatively short period of time after the child, who is suggestible and vulnerable, was exposed to something that influenced her in some way.

Why no prior problems? Apprently, even the school stated that the girl was impressive to start off with, and that she became withdrawn. I think she was either being bullied or got involved with someone who'd seen and done a bit more in their young life than she had, and they had some influence over her.

I think the way kids are thrown together and school is pretty appaling, and failing. This whole case, if the current known facts are correct, doesn't support transgenderism in any way. Don't transgenders go through years of hell being raised in their true, physical gender identity?

No...no, no this would appear to have been influenced by something...hmmmmm. I wonder, what it could be. Anyone?

Nope...heads back in sand, now wheeeeere are the paaarentsss?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

As far as I know, there are very few, regrets - - - and that's from experts who know

I am in the UK ....

It was a programme of and for ordinary people, discussing subjects no experts....

However I am sure they got legitimate facts for the question asked otherwise they

would have compromised their integrity?

Experts?? there are always some better than others.

I know this subject. Not personally, but I know this subject.

Ordinary people who have not researched it would be clueless.

Recommended expert: Dr. Johanna Olson, Adolescent Medicine, Assistant Professor, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.

www.hrc.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hi! How ya been?

You still pop into my head - - and I wonder how you're doing.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Does he explain how a girl, with no prior history of transgenderism can develop the condition within months of attending school? Became anorexic and started calling herself Mark?

And trying to kill herself? Self mutilating?

More to the point, do you know? Your last response was basically you promoting yourself as an unqualified, inexperienced expert on the matter whereby you endorsed another so-called "expert". Did you declare him an expert or are his credentials actually meaningful as opposed to your own?

A combination of external factors influenced this girl. I can see how advocates for the current mentality would, at first glance, see this story as a sort of gift...this poor, poor flower. She's hurting, she's transexual and has been for all of a few months.

No, no this is the opposite of what you think. This is evidence that the external factors that are influencing children are quite prevalent. Here we have a bright child with some aspirations becoming a self-loathing transgender within months.

Show me a doctor who can present me facts that show, clearly, that this is normal. That it's acceptable. This is a failure on the part of society, of every enabler who continues to justify the mind-bending bullcrap that rots their young minds.

You people are so much more responsible for this than you care to acknowledge or are incapable of seeing. We need to stop pretending that it's fine to play make believe because it is not, at all. It is damaging our young, people supporting this nonsense aren't the wise and good wanting to help, they're the monster-by-proxy, delivering continued shots of poison via means of stealth and deception.

So blame the parents.

This isn't about transgenderism, none of this is related to transgenderism and we all know it. This little girl has a deeper problem and these image/identity crises she's facing are not the cause, they're the side effect. Something woke her up, or put her to sleep, perspective.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Don't shoot the messenger....

I was only passing on information i took from a programme I was watching

here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, as I said in my post that answer

surprised me too! So I just thought I'd throw it into the mix?

The programme concerned does research the subjects that are discussed.

So I felt there must be some validity in it.

For every expert on any subject there's always another expert with another

view?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDots

Does he explain how a girl, with no prior history of transgenderism can develop the condition within months of attending school? Became anorexic and started calling herself Mark?

Please talk to Freija.

She can answer all your questions honestly and with real facts.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Listen to them? Why?

You seriously think this Freija person can alter my perception of reality somehow? What's real is real, my friend. There's no escaping it. when you're in

Your pal there has no more insight into this particular case than you or I. This isn't a transgender case, admit it.

It has transgender in the title, sure...and like I said, you thought it was a gifyt. And it's terrible when you think you've been given a gift and it turns out to be a trojan horse, like this one.

But it is what it is. Yep, it would appear that this girls troubles began when she was exposed to the education system.

I don't think you or your friend there can really prove anything, did you guys read the opening to the thread? Or just see tht word in the title and get it on? You don't become a sudden transexual over a few months. Havn no prior history, no...something got to this girl and corrupted her.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDots

From the article in the OP - "They’ve told us if we don’t allow her to be called “Mark” and give permission for her to be assessed at one of these centres that’s pushing the transgender agenda, we’re emotionally abusing her".

Wait. What? They haven't even had their child evaluated by professionals. IMO, withholding professional medical evaluation and treatment if indicated is tantamount to neglect and abuse. The statistics for transgender youth in unsupportive families don't lie and since their kid is cutting and already tried to overdose once, is it going to take a successful suicide attempt before they finally get it?

My understanding was that the girl displayed no prior desire to be a boy...this would appear to have came on over a relatively short period of time after the child, who is suggestible and vulnerable, was exposed to something that influenced her in some way.

Obviously home schooled and raised in an isolated, tightly controlled bubble by her "decent Christian family". Do you have any idea how huge the fear of rejection is for transgender kids and how many become quite adept at hiding or suppressing it until it finally boils over? Finally away from home and Jesus this young person felt the liberty and freedom to express himself in ways that would never be tolerated at home although it was noted that Melissa relished being a tomboy. This is rather common and schools and educators are often aware of a child's transgender identity well before the parents are.

Imagine if these parents had a male child? Tomboyness is accepted in girls and why they often tend to come out slightly older than natal boys do. There is no male equivalent to tomboy except sissy, fag or queer and I bet if they had had a male child, they would have been well aware of his gender issues much sooner. I don't believe the parents were completely clueless about their child. Oblivious and in denial maybe?

Granted, being gender non-conforming is trendy and a phase for some much like being goth or emo but you cannot make someone transgender that is not nor can you make someone that is transgender not be. I recognize the pattern here and it is very typical. It may seem like a switch has been flipped to the parents but I can almost guarantee, their child has been dealing with this a long time if not their entire life.

ThreeDots, your opinions are uninformed rhetoric and lacking experience in the dynamics between transgender children and their parents. So tell us wise sage, what would you do if your child was transgender? Educate yourself would be my first hope which is something these parents have obviously not done. Sad.

Hi! How ya been?

You still pop into my head - - and I wonder how you're doing.

I U2U'd you on the 16th but it is still showing unread. I'm good and said I'd write more but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for thinking about me. I think about you too and will write soon!

edit on 10/29/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDots

Listen to them? Why?

You seriously think this Freija person can alter my perception of reality somehow? What's real is real, my friend. There's no escaping it. when you're in

What's up to you is - - - do you want real information - - or not?

Or are you going to continue arguing about something you know nothing about?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I didn't get anything.

I started to U2U you couple times, but got interrupted by something.

I do tend to be kind of a loner. But, do think about you.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Oh, this is your expert friend.

Yes, that's very good quoting that bit there, why would they send her for anything?

Tell me, why to transgenders need to be evaluated and told?

You'd think they'd know. The fact that you even seek validation proves the severe identity disorder. They spend their lifes trying to define themselves. Seeking approval, validation.

There is no struggle, the only approval they really want is their own. Self-loathing, there-there, nobody thinks you're a bad or horrible person. Just you - get over it and get on with it.

This girl, from reading the OP, showed no signs of any such disorder, her descent coincided with her attending school. That speks volumes, you guys are so desparate to make this a transgender thread.

And it isn't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join