It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your theory of everything? Survey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I would like to have this discussion as open as possible. What do you believe is the truth?

Does God exist? Is the universe a simulation? Is matter and electric charge exchange and all that, all there is?
How does that effect your daily life? Did it make you feel better to "know"? Or the opposite?
What was the "truth" that "sold you" to your TOE?
Was it maybe "just" a personal experience?

I have developed a pretty complex thought construct which "became" my daily life. I hope you don't get influenced by mine, but I'm so caught between two stools, it has become between thousands times thousands and more universes.
It's all possible, but I have a few problems with all of it.
Must be this duality thing people talk about? Because reality is real, I eat, I feel, I laugh, I tell stories, people respond etc. But there is also the mind, the imagination, theoretic buildings made up on possibilities, because we don't know.
Let's face it, gravity was pretty much the last thing we know for sure. That's really testable, experienced all the time.
That includes electromagnetism and all that.
Beyond that: the realm of theory. But there's "other stuff" and the implications of bending spacetime is far out in itself.
Mix that with an AI and bamm. It's not likely we will travel through spacetime in our meatsuit. But something non-biological surely wouldn't mind being disintegrated and rebuild. The next logical assumption is, sthg like that would minimise the "data packages" it has to send.
So no, I don't believe a huge nuts & bolts UFO fleet landing is possible.
Then there is again our mind. The "other" is communicating with us. Synchronicities, sightings of "lower density" appearances and stuff, religious tales...
What if they really are our "history of alien contact"? With alien I just mean strange communication.
Could be us from the future, could be AI, could be beings from another dimension, planet, ..., or something completely different.
What does your mind say?

edit on 29-10-2016 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

My mind says that the Big Bang, or whatever new theory comes along to explain the universes creation, and the creation story in the Bible are not mutually exclusive, that one is allegorical, the other a genuine attempt to describe and account for the universe as we know it, and its origins.

I follow science because it informs me about the universe in a physical sense, and I have faith because it informs my spirituality, and without both these things in a life, I believe it is impossible to live a balanced life.

I believe that every piece of data in the universe, whether that be in the shape of matter or energy, or anything else, is connected to every other piece of data in the universe, that all things in that sense are one thing, that we are the stars, the earth beneath our feet, and all the matter and energy in the universe, expressed somewhat differently to the rest of it.

I also believe that out there, someplace we have not yet been, there are intelligent beings other than our species, waiting to be encountered. I do not hold an opinion on whether or not we have been visited by them, because the "evidence" that has been presented publicly is not good enough, not solid enough, not forensic in most cases either. Since absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, I hold no bias in that regard and merely await proof of something, if indeed there be anything to prove.

edit on 29-10-2016 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I'm agnostic on many things including God and our place in existence. It could turn out that consciousness isn't quite the biologically generated thing we currently understand it to be. It could also exist in a space we aren't able to identify yet which might yield some explanations of synchronicity, 'psychic' experiences and so forth.

It could be comparable to the blind men and the elephant with us touching a flank and calling it a wall. Or maybe like a tip of an iceberg with us standing on top and having little comprehension of what's beneath us.

Personal experience has left room for doubts and scepticism.

My Theory of Everything wears a T-shirt saying "I don't know. Keen to find out."

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thanks for your post and view! My theory of everything is that everything is the blackboard and chalk, each thing has its own reality and space. From that space everything within it is real,but away from that space ( blackboard and chalk)Is the ultimate space and that is the only real there ever was and is. What does that mean? that every thing forms part of an illusionary matrix.
As an simple example only, lets imagine that the pink panther has not been created yet and the original artist has drawn him today for the first time. It appears he is real the more we see him and the more the pink panthers reality seems to be believed. So he exists only in the way we believe in him inside our minds. Are not people the same, you walk past someone in the street and they are like nothing to you, until you believe in them. They have been around but you have never really paid attention to them in anyway. If it was not for media, Hillary Clinton in most of the world would not exist. Interesting is it not?a reply to: Peeple

edit on 29-10-2016 by ancientthunder because: spell update

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

My theory of everything: The Singular Primordial Preon Theory

Basically, I have evidences to believe that every single thing in the universe, may it be humans, animals, plants, rocks, nebulas, light, dark matter, are all made of a single Preon particle. This preon would be the building block of reality, the very DNA of the Universe.

I've used this preon theory to actually make a prediction about the mass and properties of Dark Matter particles, a prediction which may have been proven true with the observation of a energy peak in black holes.

I also think that the soul could actually be neural activity interaction with dark matter. The brain may be leaving a complete footprint on dark matter via weak interaction between dark matter particles and potassium radioactive decay from the brain cells.

The reason why I believe all this is because it's the best explanation I could come up for all the paranormal stuff I've experienced. When you remember two past lives, when you get visions of future events, when you start having weird abilities over weather all the way to Indonesia, then it becomes evident that there's something deeper about reality than what current science tells us.

edit on 29-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

My theory for everything is order from chaos.

Whether it be hydrogen fission in a pocket of extreme gravity or the eventual creation of star systems from masses of dust. The more we look the more we see the fundamental order that all is bound by that makes things that are by all account products of destruction, they (everything) eventually finds a very similar order.

Even nature, systems of life may look very different on the surface but with more viewing we see fundamentally different animals and species filling extremely similar niches as their so called counterparts. Nature can and has developed completely different species such as mammals act very much like birds, reptillian dog-like animals. If an alien species developed similar intelligence as us, maybe it's fully within reason they will be physically similar. Bipedal with a long development time for infants due to the necessity for brain development after birth. Maybe.

Again fundamentally, everything we see is very similar to everything else we see. The very make-up of matter on the macro or micro scale, science has got good at explaining why this is. Why no matter how destructive reality is we will always have similar outcomes. Whether it be physics or the make-up of societies I believe a fundamental force in it's own right will always create similar outcomes. That outcome is that whatever was old (destroyed) will be devoured by the new, usually in a chaotic way that is actually very orderly.

I think so anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Lets say there was a time before time started, then how could anything happen when then is no time for something to take place. Alternatively, something that never has a start may never have an end.

In a world of infinite possibilities I am yet to find any two places exactly the same.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

You cannot get something from nothing.

You are right though, even if you had two atoms created at the exact same time their end may ultimately different. But they will eventually meet their demise and become part of something else.

Maybe infinite possibilities exist but the governing forces for all accounts seem finite... Many destinations but only few roads?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I can see where you're coming from and some of those perspectives are shared by me too.

Not so sure about 'order from chaos' if you're seeing it as an end in itself. I think it's more likely that all the good stuff exists at the tension point between chaos and order.

If all was order, evolution and natural selection would cease and stagnation would set in. There's also the possibility that here, our Earth, is an example of chaos over order. Are humans agents of chaos in the ecosystem or expressions of order? Of thousands of planets, are we the Citadel of Order or of Chaos?

Semantics and playfulness

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

That's a lot for the old noggin to get around, I think I get some of it.

Basically chaos doesn't exist, it's just a simple explanation of transfer. In theory with knowledge of how to manipulate one could turn things back into what they once were?

Nothing is wasted nor converted, just re-arranged.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Ummm...everything...is...

Unless of course you subscribe to the hologramatic universe theory...then...I suppose everything...isn't...

That's my theory and I'm sticking with it...

Unless I happen to change my mind...natch...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah....

I think Swanne just schooled me on my simplistic view.

Also in all honesty within history what is percieved as choas can be also seen as very orderly. The assumption that destruction is random or chaotic is really a lack of knowledge regarding the nature of said destruction. I guess it would be safe to assume that apparant random mutations within DNA isn't random at all and usually has very real indicators that caused it to change.

It's the understanding why we ought to do.

From the eco-systems point of view if it had one, we'd be the percieved chaos. From ours I guess nature is chaotic. In reality the issue is a lack of understanding. Nature will learn to live with our destruction, history tells us this. Whether humans can learn to live with the apparant destructive ways of nature is yet to be seen I guess... We still have major cities on major faultlines after all.
edit on 29-10-2016 by RAY1990 because: spellin/phone

edit on 29-10-2016 by RAY1990 because: spelling°

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What kind of spirituality? Is it one religion, or have you built your own "brand"? And what is it that makes you feel everybody needs that?
What is spirituality?

So you think it's all a perception problem? If we just could create the right image converting glasses we would know?

edit on 29-10-2016 by Peeple because: Misfunction

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes, that's the general idea behind determinism. But today we have the concept of Entropy.

Before you throw a bowling ball at the pins, the ten pins are in a specific order. When the bowling ball hits the pins, all pins are kicked into some random direction. Once the pins are all down, they'll form a new state (one which you would call "chaos"). Trying to get from this state back to the initial, "orderly" state is what constitutes Entropy. If you were to try ad use the bowling ball to kick the pins back into their initial triangular formation, you'd probably spend your life at it. The ball would just keep on kicking the pins into a new random direction. That's entropy. It's possible to make things back into what they were, but it takes way more efforts (a ludicrous amount of it) than to let them fall as they are.

edit on 29-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

See, I knew it would be interesting. Just to check if I got that:
Personalities we create, because we tend to fabricate storylines?
How aware are you of the fact that every single person existing is just as complex as you are?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Mind over matter? What do you think about the idea that the sub-form of particles is information?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

These theories that I have... I don't entertain them because I seek acceptance in the scientific community. I entertain them because I need to convince myself that I am not mad. My soul have seen so much that I cannot explain... I needed to build something to believe in, something for my mind to accept and relate to reality.

To me, science (true science) is just a tool for my spirituality.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well I learned something today and gained a very new perspective on reality.

Excellent

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

So you think it's all a perception problem? If we just could create the right image converting glasses we would know?

Not necessarily. Astrophysicists and a few wise sages have an idea of the scale of the universe and incomprehensibility of time. Infinity goes outwards as well as downwards etc. We probably shouldn't expect to have the answers for Everything when there's so much of it and we're so minuscule within, atop, outside and enmeshed in it all.

A few years ago, we were God's sentient masterpieces with the freedom to command our bodies and thoughts as we pleased. Not so much in 2016. We're now a travelling ecosystem of microbes and parasites working almost as a committee and influenced by weather, hormones and time of year. Factor in environment, culture and genetics and who is really in charge of these bodies and minds?

A ToE is like a fool's errand that leads to greater wisdom and understanding.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Dangerous path they say. On the other hand, big guys like Newton also entertained some woo and maybe for the same reasons like you do? Reality crushes explanation.
But it's undeniably there, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join