It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If an Islamic person stands up on a train and screams Allahu Akbar...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

What do you mean choose a side???

I didn't realize we were choosing sides. I thought this was just a discussion of ideas.

I'm starting to think this is less of a conversation and more of click bait topic to rally and elicit a certain kind of answer which you're trying to push. You seem to have a preconceived idea of what you want to hear. I was just openly discussing the various perspectives of how you could look at what you're saying.

My point was that to experiment like you're talking about you'd need to make the examples more fair to judge the reactions equally.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

that's not the question brother, the question is - does someone screaming J E S US, or the POWER OF GOD, illicit the same thought process which someone screaming Allahu Akbar does? obviously even from your answer it does not.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Don't like your scenario because you just showed me that I'm more hypocritical than I thought.

If I heard a Jesus freak ranting, I'd give the idiot zero attention. Chalk it up to a moron seeking attention.

A Muslim yelling "Allah Akbar", I'm on it like stink on snip! I'm taking the threat out and saving all that I can...

I feel bad now. As a non atheist, God, please have mercy on my soul!

S&F, for the eye opener...

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

no no brother im not guiding any discussion however if you can provide a better retort than my assertions i would love to hear it, otherwise.. I think you're just backing out. differing to equality instead of philosophy... In essence you've lost and you'd prefer to argue language than philosophy...

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Threat Assessment, Egress Points, Blast Cover, Assault Assessment - Kind of depends on distance when they yell that. If I was close enough it would be lights out for that individual, unless he is holding a swiss deadman detonator

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
here brother, this thread(and song linked, only paying attention to the lyrics," this # will # you up"..) was meant to be philosophical and also political, I want ideas that refute perception and objective reality. However yours have only been elementary and wanting, think more brother.. i say it in a non condescending way..

edit on 29-10-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Here I thought you were going to have the nuts to try both yourself instead of just the obvious safe choice, alrighty then
Lu's would of only hesitates

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I lost?? What have I lost??? When was this a competition???

Someone yelling Allah Akbar and nothing else would get anyone's attention. So would someone yelling Jesus. Anyone yelling anything will get your attention. But if that's all they do you soon just go back to whatever it was you were doing.

But someone yelling or not yelling anything at all but acting in a threatening way would cause anyone else to act defensive.

I don't exactly get what you're asking though either. Some people here it seems would haul off and attack someone for yelling Allah Akbar and nothing else. I find that a bit extreme and questionable. I mean if that is all someone is doing is just yelling something, it may be annoying but attacking them isn't reasonable. If someone is threatening you that's different.

The question seems misleading though. To me, anyone yelling anything religious at all annoys me pretty much. But someone yelling just about anything will also annoy if they keep doing it.

At the same time we've all heard stories about people yelling Allah Akbar and then doing something crazy so that phrase will get attention if you yell it. That doesn't mean anything will happen though and most people I think would just look first and then see what happens next. Unless they are just so programmed by media propaganda that they believe there is really a terrorist around every corner yelling that phrase and blowing up.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
i say it in a non condescending way..

No you're not actually and we both know it. But I don't care because I expect that from you.

You tell me to think more and yet I'm the only one of us here who seems to be thinking at all. You're just waiting to hear what you want to hear. I was trying to discuss your topic and understand what you're getting at. But you don't want that obviously. You'd rather talk sh*t and act superior about nothing. Well have it and enjoy your little circle jerk then.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

ok brother, i love your commitment to your liberal---- no i mean (progressive, regressive) ideas.... Stand up on a train and scream allahu akbar, just do it!!!... Record what happens!!!!, and if you live... write a progressive essay why your able to do so without being attack or confronted. that's what i got... because i WILL POST A VIDEO OF ME ON A TRAIN ACTING RETARDED JESUS< SCREAMING " JESUS IS GREAT" IN FACT ILL HAVE MY GIRL NICOLE FILM IT... AND WE WILL SE THE REACTIONS.. would you like to make a wager?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

dude defer to circle jerks which is what most of you weird under sexualized liberals tout.. the truth is, Im right YOU ARE WRONG, please provide any retort that actuality refutes what i say other than your dismembered emotional problems.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Take immediate cover , draw weapon , assess threat .

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Perhaps it wouldn't, then again, perhaps it would.

Would I pay attention to it, of course I would. I don't think I'm so apathetic to the world around me as all that...there are, after all, crazy people out there in it.

If you're looking for me to say I'd get all scared and panicky, you're definitely asking the wrong guy, I wouldn't.

Now if the same person in screaming about Jesus? Same thing, for the exact same reasons...there are crazy people out in the world.

So I'd have to say that I'd react much the same to both your scenarios. In both cases, I'd ratchet up my awareness. Crazy doesn't necessarily equate to dangerous.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Interesting question you raise here....

The truth is, my threat assessment mode is stuck in the 'on' position whenever I'm in public, lol. Usually at a low level, but never completely off.

The truth is, crazy is everywhere, and there's no obvious tell whether it's benign crazy, or 'Let's go out in a blaze of glory' crazy.

The truth is, if it's my day to leave this world at the hand of another, that person's brand of crazy hardly makes a difference. I personally am cautious of anything that draws a spontaneous crowd. I personally have come to accept that any of the hundreds of people that work in my building (only a few of which are Muslim) could easily have an explosive in their bag on any given day, and the only thing that protects me is their personal attitude about the world and life.

More than any other incident in my lifetime, the Oklahoma City bombing and the Centennial Park bombing in Atlanta affected how I view the world.

9/11 was horrifying to me because of the scale... however, my truth was already well-formed by then.

So, for my direct answer to your question... Seeing you two in full show mode, I'd be heading the other direction.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

great answer to objective reality and or perception... thank you

i have recently begun to write about the different levels of "crazy" within society, and the subsquent societal responsibility, however i have yet to finish these nuanced understandings, should be a great thread/book
edit on 29-10-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Sounds like a killer Youtube "Social Experiment" video....

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: seagull

that's not the question brother, the question is - does someone screaming J E S US, or the POWER OF GOD, illicit the same thought process which someone screaming Allahu Akbar does? obviously even from your answer it does not.

Because there's no reason to scream either and the only real cases a 'Muslim' would run into a crowded area and scream it are seconds before suicide bombing and has origins directly from war cries - but is used by the majority of Muslims in a peaceful manner 'i.e thank god', 'god bless'.

If someone was screaming jesus and the power of god I'd be equally as freaked out and think they're either a loonatic or christian terrorist (see biggest terrorism case in the US history at the moment, which is recieving no attention as perpetrators are white christian terrorists). But at the same time I'd be more likely to laugh at them, give them abuse or tell them to shut to fook up, as sadly the negative use of allahu akhbar have been drilled into the public mind everyday for the past 20 years or so and like all humans it sadly does brainwash you a bit, even if you try your uopmost to avoid it doing.

I wouldn't kill the person in either case, just make sure they're well and truly knocked out, so there's enough time for people to get to safety and experts to arrive and take control of the scene.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

yes, in my opinion someone to play out the otherside (Islamic person creaming allah akabar) would surely meet death...strangely that seems to be the point any way.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

sp perception it is... the media is lying we are all in a false reality... no?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
does it have to be in the modern age ?

in 1910 if a Muslim shouted that
people would just laugh

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join