It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If an Islamic person stands up on a train and screams Allahu Akbar...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
.... How would you feel, and how would you react?

You know its funny, because I am an atheist, and reserve no criticism for any certain idea or religion.

In fact, i went ahead and tested a theory while intoxicated, and with a good friend in downtown Dallas. I looked at him randomly while drunk, at the train station, and said," you know what brother, we can act as insane as we want so long as we do it in the name of Jesus, and no one will care". he replied," what do you mean?". however, he quickly realized what i meant when i started screaming in the loudest high pitch voice I could muster," J E S U S" and then in unison he grabbed onto a tree, legs and ass in the air and began screaming," THE POWER OF GOD".Next thing we know we have groups of people forming prayer circles, talking about how in the spirit we were, it was utterly hilarious. it however was not dangerous, people were laughing and praying.

That made me wonder while on the train today, if an Islamic person stood up on a train in a very aggressive and insane way and began screaming Allah Akbar, how many would react in fear and anticipation? including myself. The truth is, I would immediately start threat assessing, making quick choices as to whether i should charge this person or not. I am interested to hear what your HONEST reactions would be in such a hypothetical situation.

The question becomes are we arguing perceptions or realities? however i think it's obvious we are arguing realities, as there is more evidence of insane religious actions by Islamic people in this day and age, and is almost always more deadly than those of Christianity or other religions. Of course no one would put this to the test, which is why we are arguing perceptions and reality's,.my Egyptian friend showed me this video what do you guys think?

you cannot satire absurdity, it just so happens Islam in its most understood form is the most popular absurd religion that exists.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Emergency break and smash his/her head with a fire-extinguisher. Sort of a kneejerk, survival instinct reflex.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't blame you, which is why I was confused as to wether I should put this in the philosophy forum or mud pit, I will be interested in how this thread remains/ or is moved

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'd bust out laughing then tell him to sit back down. Because it's more likely some drunken frat boy being a jackass.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

fair enough, so your perception is that an obviously Islamic person screaming Allahu akabar is a drunken frat boy. I do however have to ask you how you came to this conclusion even anecdotal or not.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Emergency break and smash his/her head with a fire-extinguisher. Sort of a kneejerk, survival instinct reflex.

Pretty much - and I'm a member of most if not all anti-raism/anti0-islamphboiba groups I know.

The only reasons somone would do it are

1) pre suicide bomb
2) internet prankster who deserverves being knocked out for being such an idiot
3) person with extreme menta health issues who needs restraining/knockign out for thwir own and orhers saftey until parameics/experts can detal with the situation.

Unless it was an obious family celebration/good news - but pretty sure thats not what the OP is talking about

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Take a mother Fer down, or bail off the train. Whichever one is more feasible at the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Then I would get ready to draw and start assessing the situation making sure he is the only threat,paying attention to the tone of voice as well as his eyes,while also looking at his movements looking for any hints of going for a weapon or going for some other attack. While I'm doing this I'll also be moving towards him in an inconspicuous casual just walking by kind of way one might just pass someone on the street,but as I get closer my hand out of view will be getting closer to my piece until it is either needed or not,if I have to act fast enough when passing by then I might not have to time to draw but I will be prepared for physically attacking if need be as well.
edit on 29-10-2016 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I'm interested in what you learned from your little experiment.

It's a little skewed though in that on the Christian side you just acted in strange ways that wouldn't be considered threatening anyway. But the muslim side you limited it to yelling allah akbar. That's not exactly and equal comparison. It should be one side preaching Christian and the other Preaching Islam. That would be a bit more fair.

Someone yelling Allah Akbar will most likely be taken as a threat by most anyone. However just Someone preaching Islamic teachings would be different.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
My reaction would depend on what he did after standing and shouting. I'd instantly start a threat assessment, watch his hands very carefully, to see if he's holding or reaching for something, his body language, etc..and take action or not from there. He can stand and scream all day long...as long as that's all he does.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

oh wow i know how i would react, and it would include
steel toed boots and someones crotch.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

screaming " Jesus" and" the power of god?" is not the same as screaming "god is great?" interesting... no it isn't, as one is in arabic and the other english ( however we obviously have cultural and language reasons for that departure) would you rather a christian scream " allah akbar"... wait what??? would a christian ever scream "allah akbar", the answer is no.. unless a gun is held to his/her head in a plea of distress. WHAT THE # ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

SOMEONE SCREAMING JESUS IS GREAT = prayer circles and idiots acting retarded in the spirit... SOMEONE SCREAMING ALLAH AKBAR = people becoming scared and or dying... whats the problem?
edit on 29-10-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyPusher

which i wear everyday, fair assessment and nice to meet you.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

yes i agree, but the threat assessment starts at the point someone screams Allahu akbar, not jesus thats strange to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

That's good to know! They can be the ultimate weapon when needed.
It's nice to meet you too

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

That's what I'm talking about. Someone screaming Allah Akbar is stereotypical of someone who's about to pull a cord and light up the room. So anyone, hell even muslims, upon hearing someone yelling that are going to think "Oh Sh*t...."

However that doesn't mean anything IS going to happen for sure. It could be a joke, an experiment, or someone just yelling it to praise the Muslim God.

I don't know of any pre defined Christian War Cry. So comparing the difference between someone acting like a crazy christian yelling "Praise God" and someone yelling "Allah Akbar" isn't a fair example. One of those is literally a War Cry by Terrorists. Or so we're told. I've never seen anyone actually blow themselves up saying that, but that's what we're told happens.

Does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

please cite all documented instances wherein any act of violence was preceeded by a " battlecry " of :

" jesus " yelled at the crowd

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

yes of course... you are arguing perception, in essence your argument could be boiled down to.. " the war cry, as we know it from Islam is Allahu Akbar,, but the war cry of Christianity is undefined so that leaves grey area"... could that be because there is no such war cry? and that Christianity has reformed? Or are we just not getting news of all the Christians ( and most other religions) killing themselves and others ( in martydom) in this day and age, because of their God? I mean brother, you are either arguing media silence, or obvious difference, which is why i formulated this thread in such a way. Please chose a side
edit on 29-10-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

As a honest atheist... there are non in this day and age. which is my point

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
What are the actions following this shout?

Of course he'd get my attention, that would seem to go without question, no?

Am I instantly going to assume he's some sort of deranged terrorist out to slaughter as many as he/she can? Unlikely.

Now, if shortly after that cry a knife or gun suddenly appear, well then all bets are off, aren't they?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join