It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED: Liberal Runs Over Line Of Trump Signs… But Didn’t See The Row Of NAILS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The issue (hypothetically) that I could see arising is that the person that put the signs up, by placing the board with nails protruding out of it, was creating whatever-the-legal-term-is-for a public hazard.

My God, man! A CHILD could have found that thing!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't care for Trump.

But I care for vandals less.

The jackass got what he deserved.

We have a right in this country to display whatever political yard signs we choose, and no one has a right to mow them down just because they don't agree with us or don't like the candidate we support.

I have one guy in my neighborhood who has Trump signs mounted in every window in his home. He used to have a sign in his front yard, but I wonder if it was stolen. There's no excuse for messing with peoples' private property.

edit on 28-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mOjOm

So if I put up a sign in my yard that says something another person doesn't like, I am supposed to tolerate them running over it?

No, where did I say that???

They got what they deserved. Instant karma is the best.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

If you trespass into someones property and get hurt it's your own fault. Trespassing = illegal, destruction of private property= illegal. With the kind of logic in your post a burglar should be able to sue you if he trips on something in your house and hurts himself...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Apparently the message of the story is you have to be a liberal to not like Trump?

Love that broad brush......looks like ignorance on both sides of the fence in this story

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

If the Child who Might have Found it was not a Member of the Mans Family , he would be Tresspassing on Private Property .

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I never said anything about being allowed to run over someone's property. Ever.

I'm glad they popped their tires and got caught.

I just don't agree with the the double standard of pointing out intolerance because someone is liberal and not pointing it out the same way for conservatives. I see it all the time. There are plenty of tolerant libs and tolerant cons. There are plenty of intolerant on both sides too.

I hate all the over dramatic responses and finger pointing as if some rules apply to some and not others. That's all I was talking about.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

The issue (hypothetically) that I could see arising is that the person that put the signs up, by placing the board with nails protruding out of it, was creating whatever-the-legal-term-is-for a public hazard.

So there are two issues at play here.

The first is whether the vandal got what he deserved -- yes, yes he did.

The second is whether the homeowner can legally get away with booby-trapping his property. I'll let a lawyer chime in on this one, but I know homeowners have been held liable before for booby-trapping the interiors of their homes.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Apparently the message of the story is you have to be a liberal to not like Trump?

Love that broad brush......looks like ignorance on both sides of the fence in this story

No not at all, but to go as far as mowing down someones signs is a liberal action, for the MOST part.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

No not at all, but to go as far as mowing down someones signs is a liberal action, for the MOST part.

That's BS. Stop trying to label groups of people with your petty bias. There's nothing Liberal about mowing down some signs. It's just the actions of an A-hole. Plain and simple.

Otherwise it's cool for me to just sight one conservative doing something and claiming the same thing. It's just retarded. It make no sense either. As if being a liberal (which means various things as well from person to person) somehow triggers DNA making you prone to drive over signs in people's yards?? I mean give me a break.

The division over political BS is out of hand. People are people and they do stupid stuff. Stop labeling and making targets by grouping people together. It's just not healthy or sane.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

The second is whether the homeowner can legally get away with booby-trapping his property. I'll let a lawyer chime in on this one, but I know homeowners have been held liable before for booby-trapping the interiors of their homes.

This is one of those situations where common sense should say these jerks got what they deserved, yet in this leftist liberal world I find myself in I would not be surprised if a judge ruled the homeowners actions as liable.. Personally I think these idiots should be arrested for trespass. They have driven a vehicle that could be classed as a dangerous weapon into private property to do damage, just say a young child was running out from inside and was hit.. Not knowing the layout of the house thisay or may not be possible but it was all to hit some signs???...

Come on if these twats where to try and Sue then I would hope the stupidity of their actions where questioned at the earliest stage...

I have lived in countries where you would get shot by the landowner for a stunt like this and the Police would be on your side...

RA

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

That's BS. Stop trying to label groups of people with your petty bias. There's nothing Liberal about mowing down some signs. It's just the actions of an A-hole. Plain and simple.

Otherwise it's cool for me to just sight one conservative doing something and claiming the same thing. It's just retarded. It make no sense either. As if being a liberal (which means various things as well from person to person) somehow triggers DNA making you prone to drive over signs in people's yards?? I mean give me a break.

The division over political BS is out of hand. People are people and they do stupid stuff. Stop labeling and making targets by grouping people together. It's just not healthy or sane.

It isn't the action of running down signs. It is the the politics behind it. The motive behind WHY he ran them down. We have all seen what many liberals are capable of when they do not get their way. I do not see Reps. behaving this way on a "large" scale.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: Greggers

This is one of those situations where common sense should say these jerks got what they deserved, yet in this leftist liberal world I find myself in I would not be surprised if a judge ruled the homeowners actions as liable.. Personally I think these idiots should be arrested for trespass. They have driven a vehicle that could be classed as a dangerous weapon into private property to do damage, just say a young child was running out from inside and was hit.. Not knowing the layout of the house thisay or may not be possible but it was all to hit some signs???...

Come on if these twats where to try and Sue then I would hope the stupidity of their actions where questioned at the earliest stage...

I have lived in countries where you would get shot by the landowner for a stunt like this and the Police would be on your side...

RA

I did a bit more research, just to satisfy my own curiosity. What I found is that booby-traps designed to cause bodily injury are outlawed the Geneva Convention and homeowners are held legally liable for any injuries they cause, even to intruders.

A booby-trap designed to puncture tires is something different, however. So far, I haven't found anything directly related to puncturing tires. It seems like a very different thing IMO.
edit on 28-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" This homeowner could be sued for entrapment.

There's no way that you wouldn't run over that nice neat row of Trump signs, and the homeowner clearly knew this and constructed a trap that could have ended up putting an eye out if some dumb kid were to crash their bike and land face first on a trump. "

Suppose this Home Owner Lived in Montana and owned a 40 Acre Ranch . His House sits in the Middle of the 40 Acres , Miles from the Nearest County Road . He has this Row of Trump Signs in front of his House . Someone drives Miles onto his Private Property and sees the Offensive Signs and decides to run over them in Anger . Would Any Person in their Right Mind Think the Homeowner put those Signs in front of his House in the Hope someone would be Foolish enough to go through all that Trouble to come there and Run them over ? Hell No .The Point is , what is the Difference if the Sign Owners House was in the Middle of a Large City , Small Suburb in a Densely Populated Area , or in the Middle of Nowhere on a Montana Ranch ? Answer , No Difference .Tresspassing Is Tresspassing no matter where you live , and that is a Crime .

Big difference, obviously.

These were on the side of a busy street.

Total entrapment and also this Trump supporter's plan the whole time.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well I bet I can find the same number of conservatives vandalizing mosques as you can find liberals running over signs. Does that mean it's ok to claim all Conservatives have a habit of vandalizing mosques??? Because I can find some articles of them doing it here and there and call it Large Scale Conservative Activities.

Seriously. What makes "the scale" of liberals running over yard signs so extreme in your opinion??? What's the cut off line exactly??? How many to make it applicable to the entire classification of Liberals does it take??? 20 signs??? 50??? 100??? How have you reached this scientific assessment exactly??? Can I see your data on Liberal Sign Destruction??? Do you have the data on comparing it with other types of Sign Destruction??? Can I see your data on verifying all these cases to be actual liberals doing it???

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Hmm. The homeowner could say that it was scrap wood with the nails already in it that he used as a base for the sign.
He could always just use the Hillary defense also. He does'nt recall putting nails in the board and had no "intent" to create a booby trap.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm actually glad to see this story.

I'm so tired of reading the constant stories of Trump supporters trashing Hillary signs.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

If you trespass into someones property and get hurt it's your own fault. Trespassing = illegal, destruction of private property= illegal. With the kind of logic in your post a burglar should be able to sue you if he trips on something in your house and hurts himself...

This was a booby trap.
And is illegal.

If I break into your house and a giant arm covered in spikes swings from the wall and hurts me, you better believe I'm suing you for this unnecessary act of evil.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If you broke into my house being shot would be your main worry not booby traps.

It's hard to sue someone when you're dead.
edit on 28-10-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

He might have been able to claim that if he hadn't used so many nails. Did you see the picture. It was obviously made for that purpose.

Personally, I fully support the idea though. I've booby trapped stuff of my own a few times too. You run the risk of getting in trouble for it but at the same time when you get stuff stolen a few times it becomes worth it and you say f*ck it and do it anyway. But it's a gamble. Such is life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join