It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Congress: Attorney General Lynch 'Pleads Fifth' on Secret Iran Ransom Payments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I bet she regrets accepting the position as AG now.

If Clinton's bid for POTUS fails ... Lynch is going to jail. She'll prolly take 0bama down with her. At least that's something to hope for.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Lynch will end up being in Contempt of Congress just like Eric Holder.

Watch for it.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
pleading the 5th is basically an admission of guilt in most peoples eyes.

pleading the 5th says that you might incriminate yourself of a crime if you answer,it doesn`t mean you might have committed a crime it means you did commit a crime and telling the truth would be an admission of guilt.

I have to wonder at what point did she come to the conclusion that she committed a crime? did she know before she did it that it was illegal or was it at some point after committing the act that she concluded that it was illegal?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I see the Obama Administration on meltdown today.

His legacy is in deep trouble.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

I do not agree with you on much but on this I do. No Federal employee IMO should be permitted to plead the 5th and even more so on her level. It's beyond a failure of duty to the public. Disgusting act of selfishness. No loyalty to the people who she serves. Only to HERSELF.

At the very least, her position should be terminated immediately upon invoking the fifth/refusing to comply. And that goes for any/all government employees who would do the same. No passing go, no collecting $200, just GONE.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was at a point that I had decided to avoid any more threads on Trump or Hillary or any thing in this cycle .To say its a page turner is not enough . I am amazed at the turns and twists and can not for the life of me ,imagine the next page or chapter .You can't make this stuff up .Anyone thinking the world will end before the votes are counted ?...that would be a bummer .

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It is kind of funny... this election season everything was the democrats to lose... and it looks like they just might manage to lose it... while funny, I really dont want republicans controlling all angles.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Usually presidents distance themselves from people under federal investigation, yet he has plenty of them around him, and his wife is campaigning for one. But Trump blah blah blah, (insert moral statement here).

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

It is kind of funny... this election season everything was the democrats to lose... and it looks like they just might manage to lose it... while funny, I really dont want republicans controlling all angles.

I could see how it is funny to some but not to me. I think of all those men a women who gave their lives to defend this thing we call the US. Sometimes completely just like the Revolutionary War, WWI, WWII, sometimes not but they still did it and faced those demons and dealt with it.

When people in Government do this stuff it is an effrontery to everything that is good about these men and women and good people in general and it does not matter what party either. Her job was to protect the good. She failed. She protects the bad and scoffs at the good. I'm sure she was a good person at some point but those days are long gone. I hope she gets whatever the people feel is just in the end. What we have now is not acceptable.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Eventually, this woman is going to jail. I hope all of Obama's women wind up in maximum security for the rest of their lives.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Let me get this right.

We have people marching in the streets over abuses of power/accountability of cops and the highest ranking cop in the country wants to slither around this.

Can I wake up now please

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

At the very least, her position should be terminated immediately upon invoking the fifth/refusing to comply. And that goes for any/all government employees who would do the same. No passing go, no collecting $200, just GONE.

This is nothing short of brilliant. Bravo.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

He will always have cash for clunkers!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I couldn't agree more.

We've seen everything but transparency for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: JinMI

As a human being she has the right to fifth amendment protection.

But as the AG, as the office itself, it's physical representative? I do not see how the fifth applied here. It has to be trumped by the overwhelming importance of transparency in Government.

Not under US law she doesn't nor can she refuse to cooperate with government oversight. Invoking your 5th amendment requires the person to be a target of a criminal investigation. In a civil setting the 5th offers less protections than criminal.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

If Clinton's bid for POTUS fails ... Lynch is going to jail. She'll prolly take 0bama down with her. At least that's something to hope for.

They'll all be trying to shiv each other with sharpened toothbrushes.

Riot in cell block 9!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Snarl

They'll all be trying to shiv each other with sharpened toothbrushes.

Riot in cell block 9!

How much should we wager that Obama will doll out pardons for himself / others as he walks out of the White House for the last time?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This is actually a much bigger story than the FBI reopening the Clinton email investigation.

An AG pleading the 5th. Incredible. The very fact that she could be nervous about incriminating herself tells you all you need to know about how the office of the AG is now run. The entire govt. administration reminds me of the mafia trying to avoid jail by staying silent.
edit on 29/10/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Thank you!

But I did realize later that it probably doesn't go far enough. We should probably also add that the person can never hold public office again, from elected positions to appointed positions, to even the lowliest government employee position.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The more I think about Lynch pleading the fifth on this CASH payment to Iran, the more I'm thinking that this whole re-opening of the email investigation on Hillary may be a move to keep the media's attention, thus the public's attention, off this very serious matter.

Everybody will be talking about the reopening of Hillary's case, we will all forget about Lynch pleading the fifth, that whole $1.7 billion event will be swept under the rug and forgotten, and Comey will probably announce that they found nothing to implicate Hillary once again. hmmmmm......watch the left hand while the right hand slaps around the American people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join