It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The misconception about Trump supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
a reply to: GoShredAK

It probably has something to do with most trump supporters not being able to point to even one actual policy that trump gmhas proposed and saying yes I agree with that and his plan will work.

Most won't even talk policy...they just grunt build a wall, put the "witch" in jail...grunt...

Trump has not done much in the way of offering his plans for any policy, that's definitely one of the knocks against him.

Like I have been saying, much of his support comes not from specific policies but from him having the guts to call out the corrupt establishment and the simple fact that the establishment is afraid of him because he will shake things up and not play along with the current agenda.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: crimsongod21

It probably has something to do with most trump supporters not being able to point to even one actual policy that trump gmhas proposed and saying yes I agree with that and his plan will work.

Most won't even talk policy...they just grunt build a wall, put the "witch" in jail...grunt...

Trump has not done much in the way of offering his plans for any policy, that's definitely one of the knocks against him.

Like I have been saying, much of his support comes not from specific policies but from him having the guts to call out the corrupt establishment and the simple fact that the establishment is afraid of him because he will shake things up and not play along with the current agenda.

but, he wants to make America great again. thats the only policy his loyal subjects need to know, not how he plans to make it great again.

vote Trump.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I actually made two posts about a " real issue" that are being cleverly ignored.

Mr.Trump has said on many occasions he would work hard to repeal the abomination that is the affordable care act.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Nm
edit on 28-10-2016 by MamaShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was going to reply thank you for showing an example of supporting Trump or being opposed to Hillary for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with any form of racism or bigotry.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Whilebi I can understand the want to repeal "Obama care" and I do support that, I still think 95+% of trump supporters fall into one of two categories.

1. Racist, islamaphobic, xenophobic, bigoted a-hats
And
2.the any body but Hillary camp

That does leave room for a few "educated" voters.

@GoshredAK. Supporting a candidate with no plan just because it will upset tptb is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.....
edit on 28-10-2016 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

I am one of those guys who doesn't have health care. Yet, for the last two years I had to pay a fine..$$ real dollars...and guess what ..?

After paying the fines... Because I could not afford the insurance available through the affordable care act..I STILL could not got to the hospital without paying out of pocket..

It has to be repealed..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

" Trump supporters are simply aware that Hillary Clinton, along with the current and past administrations , do not have the best interests and well being of the American citizens in their agenda at all. "

That is about the Only Grain of Truth you have mentioned about Trump Supporters that makes any sense .

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Supporting a candidate with no plan just because it will upset tptb is like cutting off your nose to spite your face....

This is true. Trump supporters may very well be doing just that, but we are willing to take a chance in hopes of helping the state of our country and creating a promising future.

Going all In with Trump is a risk, but when you consider the alternative it becomes apparent that even without knowing the specifics of his plan he is still a risk worth taking at this point in time.

We know Hillary will be more of the same and most likely worse. So choosing her would be like chopping your head off to spite your face.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Victim complex is strong with Trump supporters.

Self righteousness is strong with non-Trump supporters.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Trump supporters are simply aware that Hillary Clinton, along with the current and past administrations , do not have the best interests and well being of the American citizens in their agenda at all. "

That is about the Only Grain of Truth you have mentioned about Trump Supporters that makes any sense .

A single grain of truth is better than a mountain of lies.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

95+% of trump supporters fall into one of two categories. 1. Racist, islamaphobic, xenophobic, bigoted a-hats And 2.the any body but Hillary camp That does leave room for a few "educated" voters

Maybe five percent belong in that first category, maybe, the extreme people you describe there are mostly just an imaginary creation of the media.

The majority of Trump supporters are as you said, in the anybody but Hillary camp, but more so just ordinary people who just want to see a change in the government because they see things going downhill and are sick of fake dishonest politicians.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Saying Trump supporters can't point to any policy he has is nonsense. All you have to do is go to the mans website and you can see EVERY policy he has planned. Now granted, even IF he gets elected, he won't be able to enact most of them.

"I", as a Trump supporter am interested in a lot of his ideas. I don't think most Trump people seriously think the man really plans to "build a wall". I mean, even IF he is serious, I as a supporter realize that is not going to happen. A more feasible solution would be to increase the budget / employment of the border patrol.

Here is one of his specific policy ideas on immigration:

Protect the economic well-being of the lawful immigrants already living here by curbing uncontrolled foreign worker admissions

This one hits home with me, because in my field of computer programming, I am CONSTANTLY having to compete with green card / sponsorship workers

Obviously the man is not 100%. He has his flaws. Some of his ideas are down right ridiculous. He needs to lay off the self tanner. BUT... when I actually sit down and weigh HIS policy ideas against Hillary's.. there is no doubt for me. I've watched this country spiral out of control. I've gone from making almost 6 figures, to being unemployed several times. The prospect of another 4 years of the same old sh** is just unacceptable.

We hoped for a change 8 years ago. We were hustled. And we dealt with it for 8 long years. Now it's time for a REAL change.

edit on 29-10-2016 by DerekJR321 because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

So, I'm am to take it that you are a single issue voter and that issue is 'Secure Borders".

Will securing the borders (and what does that mean exactly) solve all problems in the US?

Let us question this - ummm - over simplification. Is this a common trait among those supporting a Trump Presidency?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

Well said. That was a great post.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

So, I'm am to take it that you are a single issue voter and that issue is 'Secure Borders".

Will securing the borders (and what does that mean exactly) solve all problems in the US?

Let us question this - ummm - over simplification. Is this a common trait among those supporting a Trump Presidency?

Personally my main issue is with our current government being occupied with traitors and criminals with their own self serving agenda. My biggest concern is what kind of future do my kids have? I want them to be able to live out their lives safely and happily. I am convinced that if things keep going the way they are, my kids future is in jeopardy.

I am someone who is holding out hope that trump has good intentions, that he is against the establishment and will eliminate the corruption in the Whitehouse and will do his best to be a good president.

I definitely don't think people should be able to flow freely across our borders though. That's just asking for trouble.
edit on 29-10-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Will securing the borders (and what does that mean exactly) solve all problems in the US? Let us question this - ummm - over simplification. Is this a common trait among those supporting a Trump Presidency

Obviously more security at our borders (it means just that, more security, as opposed to less) will not solve all of our problems. Less security at our boarders will definitely cause more problems though.

I don't think anything or anyone could possibly solve all the problems in this country. We are just too far gone and to divided. That doesn't mean we should just give in and allow Hillary and here elite buddies have their way with us though.
edit on 29-10-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: FyreByrd

Will securing the borders (and what does that mean exactly) solve all problems in the US? Let us question this - ummm - over simplification. Is this a common trait among those supporting a Trump Presidency

Obviously more security at our borders (it means just that, more security, as opposed to less) will not solve all of our problems. Less security at our boarders will definitely cause more problems though.

I don't think anything or anyone could possibly solve all the problems in this country. We are just too far gone and to divided. That doesn't mean we should just give in and allow Hillary and here elite buddies have their with us though.

Well if you have difficulty defining what this security is, what it will look like, who will pay for it, it's just an empty idea.

Real security at borders would come from not destroying other people's countries and leaving them nothing but dangerous and illegal alternatives. Do you really think, for example that Syrians want to leave their home and lives to make a dangerous journey in the hope of not being killed by bombs and other violence perpetrated by outside actors. There choice - Stay where they are and live in constant fear of random death and destruction or illegally crossing a border to save one's family.

What would you do? It's an impossible choice and not of their own making. Similar reasoning can be used for Mexican's, Eastern Europeans, Asians.

The world is not simple, it is not linear (this causes that), but complex with many things creating the circumstances that produce negative or positive outcomes.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

I am one of those guys who doesn't have health care. Yet, for the last two years I had to pay a fine..$$ real dollars...and guess what ..?

After paying the fines... Because I could not afford the insurance available through the affordable care act..I STILL could not got to the hospital without paying out of pocket..

It has to be repealed..

Respectfully,
~meathead

Another solution and one that would help you is to provide single payer Medicare for all.

Affordable Care was a bi-partisan give away to big business....

Please consider many possiblities....

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

what truly matters is there is a chance he is sincere in wanting to do what's best for this country and its citizens. 

How do we know Hillary isn't sincere in wanting to do what's best for this country and it's citizens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join