It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The misconception about Trump supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There has been a false narrative weaved by the news, social media, special interest groups, hardcore democrats and Hillary supporters. The basis for the narrative has been derived by the foolish things Trump has said and how those things have been spun by the aforementioned outlets and people.

The Idea is that Trump supporters must be far right, racist, disrespectful towards women, just all around deplorable.

Trump does tend to word things poorly at times. This opens him up for a lot of criticism. An example would be when he said the Mexicans coming across the border are rapists and criminals. He could have made it more clear that he did not mean all Mexicans. His supporters take that as saying there are bad people amongst the illegal immigrants. His supporters do not think all Mexicans are bad people, they just acknowledge that bad people do indeed exist.

What Trump supporters agree with on that subject is that a secure border is very important. If the border is not secure and immigrants not properly vetted bad people of all kinds will inevitably slip through. This is not a racist concept. It is a issue much bigger then such petty nonsense.

Trump is far from perfect, he absolutely says many foolish things. He may not be a very good person. There is only a very small demographic that may actually agree with everything he says in the extreme sense. There will always be and always have been people with radical views and yes, by default those with radical far right views support Trump, but they are but a tiny fraction of the entirety of his support.

What resonates with most people is the logical concept of secure borders, the idea that radical Islam must be addressed and prevented from sprouting within our country, trade needs to be renegotiated, and that corruption in the white house needs to be rooted out, and the system shaken up.

The average Trump supporters are just regular folks. They're not at all racist or islamiphobic or any of the other isms or ists that have been thrown around excessively by angry people who have completely bought the false idea that all Trump supporters are in the basket of deplorables. These people seem completely consumed with resentment as they have written off every Trump supporter with a festering hatred that is unfounded.

Trump supporters are simply aware that Hillary Clinton, along with the current and past administrations do not and have not had the best interest and well being of the American citizens in their agenda at all. They see that Clinton is blatantly corrupt, borderline treasonous, yet is apparently above the law, and far above the rest of us. They have taken note of the many lies she has been undeniably caught in. They see this huge effort by the mainstream media to take the heat off of Clinton while demonizing Trump.

Trump supporters see that the establishment is terrified of Donald Trump and that can only be good for the people since it has become clear the establishment has a dangerous and self serving agenda that needs to be dismantled.

That being said, I cannot say for sure that Trump himself is not the terrible person the left has been incessantly reminding the world he is. I can't say whether the scandalous accusations towards him are true or not. I don't understand why he says some of the things he does or what the heck is going on in his head at times. Sometimes it seems like he is purposely saying outrageous or stupid things and that he may be completely full of it as he is taking a dive for Hillary, ensuring her presidency.

The majority of his supporters do not agree with everything he says and likely cringe quite often as he repeatedly shoots himself in the foot. They are not overly concerned with the allegations against him because in the big picture it does not matter what kind of person he is as long as he will at least attempt to do his job as president. As long as he will honestly go against the grain and start fixing our country while halting the current agenda by exposing and removing the corrupt politicians and their puppet masters.

Trump supporters overlook these petty negative things because what truly matters is there is a chance he is sincere in wanting to do what's best for this country and its citizens. He is our best shot at effectively fighting against the corrupted establishment.

This I believe touches up on what most of his supporters are thinking and it has nothing to do with Mexicans, or Muslims, or women, or any of the phobias, isms and ists.
edit on 28-10-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

He's a IDIOT , but he is the best choice we have!
edit on 28-10-2016 by DEANORULES24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

Trump is no idiot... but he is crazy like a fox. Trump's biggest flaw, is saying exactly what is on his mind (without that "PC" filter that the rest employ). It is also his brilliance. Trump has done more to expose corruption in the system than ANY of us on ATS could have ever done. Even if he isn't elected, at least he has opened some eyes.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

The average Trump supporters are just regular folks. They're not at all racist or islamiphobic or any of the other isms or ists that have been thrown around excessively by angry people who have completely bought the false idea that all Trump supporters are in the basket of deplorables. These people seem completely consumed with resentment as they have written off every Trump supporter with a festering hatred that is unfounded.

Now, you lost it a bit there, what you say there, is on the one hand, "A small demographic of Trump supporters who support everything he says" on the other hand, you talk about some other lot, presumably Democrats, who hate every Trump supporter...that's a bit vague, and frankly dishonest, since you don't know, pretty much what Trump supporters feel like since they only want Trump because they don't like Hillary+Old Bag, Hillary+Putin lover, Hillary+Putin hater or Hillary+WW3....on and on Ad Finitum.

link   
Don't know about anyone else, and I won't try to speak for others.

My number one issue is the affordable care act. It must be repealed.

To fine someone, because they cannot afford to buy something,in this case health insurance, is insanity...

Period.

Respectfully,
~meathead

link   

Exactly, that is pretty much it.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Was watching the CBS nightly news with good old Scott Pelley. With a tear in his eye, he reported on Hillary's second run in with the FBI reopening the deleted email case. After his reporting on Hillary, he showed the almost 12 year old video of Trump talking with Billy Bush about the actresses. He tried, unsuccessfully, to make the watchers think that even though Hillary may have committed treason, Trump was way, way worse by saying something sexual about a very attractive woman.

Trump 2016.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Trump is no idiot... but he is crazy like a fox. Trump's biggest flaw, is saying exactly what is on his mind (without that "PC" filter that the rest employ). It is also his brilliance. Trump has done more to expose corruption in the system than ANY of us on ATS could have ever done. Even if he isn't elected, at least he has opened some eyes.

Yeah I don't actually think he is an idiot, I think he is pretty smart in his own way. I think very few of his supporters think he can do no wrong. Everyone is aware that he is a bit loopy. What is important is how he is standing up to the establishment, saying what others have been too afraid or controlled to say, and he's exposing corruption.

I agree that win or lose, what he has created is a valuable small victory for the people.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

What has trump exposed?

Wikileaks exposed a bunch of stuff, are you implying wikileaks and trump are working together?

"Russia" has hacked us and exposed HRCs camp, are you saying that trump and "Russia" are working together?

Trump is an educated idiot....that people give way to much credit too..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

That's been the Clinton campaign's plan all along. Attack Trump, dig up old videos or recordings to make him look bad, all while desperately trying to keep the spotlight off Hillary. They know she is corrupt, they know she is guilty and are doing everything possible to redirect attention to anything other than what she's done. They did not plan on the leaks and have been doing their best to hide from it or make up "believable" lies to cover for them. The FBI is reopening the investigation on the emails and hopefully this time, they'll get it right.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Yeah I don't actually think he is an idiot, I think he is pretty smart in his own way. I think very few of his supporters think he can do no wrong. Everyone is aware that he is a bit loopy. What is important is how he is standing up to the establishment, saying what others have been too afraid or controlled to say, and he's exposing corruption.

I agree that win or lose, what he has created is a valuable small victory for the people.

Ron Paul was labeled as "crazy" by the MSM.

Ron Paul didn't have billions of dollars to fight back.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Now, you lost it a bit there, what you say there, is on the one hand, "A small demographic of Trump supporters who support everything he says" on the other hand, you talk about some other lot, presumably Democrats, who hate every Trump supporter...that's a bit vague, and frankly dishonest, since you don't know, pretty much what Trump supporters feel like since they only want Trump because they don't like Hillary+Old Bag, Hillary+Putin lover, Hillary+Putin hater or Hillary+WW3....on and on Ad Finitum.

I didn't say every Democrat hates trump supporters but to be fair it sure as heck seems that way. I've seen more evidence that says that is the truth then I have saying all trump supporters are racist.

I've never seen a Hillary supporter humble themselves and say anything positive about trump and his supporters, and rarely have I seen her supporters admit she is a liar, and that the media is completely biased.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
a reply to: madmac5150

What has trump exposed?

His backside to the DC Establishment and the fact that the American media is little more than a propaganda arm of that same establishment.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Victim complex is strong with Trump supporters.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It probably has something to do with most trump supporters not being able to point to even one actual policy that trump gmhas proposed and saying yes I agree with that and his plan will work.

Most won't even talk policy...they just grunt build a wall, put the "witch" in jail...grunt...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nah, he's a crazy idiot, as are most of his supporters.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

I am one of those guys who doesn't have health care. Yet, for the last two years I had to pay a fine..$$ real dollars...and guess what ..?

After paying the fines... Because I could not afford the insurance available through the affordable care act..I STILL could not got to the hospital without paying out of pocket..

It has to be repealed..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

On pretty sure we all were very awart of the bias of the media well before trump got involved..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Victim complex is strong with Trump supporters.

Trump supporters do not feel like victims. They just don't approve of being painted with a broad brush and being written off as deplorable. When in actuality they are not concerned with the petty arguments and just want what's best for our country.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
a reply to: burdman30ott6

On pretty sure we all were very awart of the bias of the media well before trump got involved..

We'll see in 10 days.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join