It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son was just kicked off his school bus for 10 days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero
I work with folk from age 14 up to Methuselah. What you described is the norm for our society today.

Fools is about as normal a parent as you can expect to see in America today. It has little to do with race, color, or creed. A traditional American household in the past, would show the elderly as being revered, and children were respectful and obedient to their parents and their elders. This is no longer the case.

Appropriate dress, behavior, and attitude of children has changed drastically. I could write an Encyclopedia Britannica on the accepted reason for why this has occurred, but personally I blame our indiscriminate exposure to the media.

When I was a child, I remember the code that elders used among themselves, warning of the proximity of little ears, big eyes, and monkey see monkey do. Children learned acceptable societal standards from what they witnessed and what they were taught.

Along came TV and commercials. The first "How To Live The Enviable Life" guide for dummies. Adults were not the only victims of their spell. Commercials quickly shifted their focus to children. The electronic babysitter continuously instructed children in what to demand from their parents.

The electronic babysitter has advance in its function and capability of the years, and has now become our constant companion. A companion that whispers its controls and demands into our brain 24/7, and we are not even aware of how it is remotely controlling us.

Fools is the victim of a society that is being covertly, sometimes not so covertly, manipulated. I see parents like Fools several times a day. Too often it is to treat and provide support to families and children for the heinous results that often follows this new societal acceptance of inappropriate attitudes and behaviors for both children and adults.

I feel I am fighting a losing battle when trying to educate parents about the dangers we are allowing to become a norm for our children. I am going to add this video because everything this man is saying is what I tell parents at least five times a day. It doesn't seem to do any good. Maybe hearing it from someone that has been there will help.

Warning! There is some profanity in this video but I don't think it is gratuitous.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

By the standard that anyone I know measures a parent, I am a phenomenal father. And I can tell you this: if i had it all to do over again, it would be nothing like what I did.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

By the standard that anyone I know measures a parent, I am a phenomenal father. And I can tell you this: if i had it all to do over again, it would be nothing like what I did.

I hear you.

Most parents are doing the best they can, and are doing good jobs in relationship to today's standards.
It is our standards that are skewed in reflection of a shifting society.

Hindsight is 20/20. There is so much I would differently.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the response

the entirety of the problems comes down to awareness first. And that awareness comes in all forms. First, parents being aware of their own biases. Second, being aware of their children and their activities. Definitely add the covert and overt political, media, and societal pressures you mentioned. We need all of it

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Since my son is a bit off, we watch him like a hawk. And he hates that, but we do not care. Unfortunately, he cannot be watched by us at school or on the bus.

I really liked and agree with the video above.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Since my son is a bit off, we watch him like a hawk. And he hates that, but we do not care. Unfortunately, he cannot be watched by us at school or on the bus.

I really liked and agree with the video above.

We live in a society that is so fugacious that it is nearly impossible for a child to feel secure in "knowing" what is right and what is wrong. From the time that they are infants we coo and laugh at everything they do. Screaming about how "cute" they are. Repeating their antics to friends and family and posting them on Facebook. Then one day they wake up and the same behavior that brought squeals of delight, suddenly has them in detention.

Even as adults we find ourselves questioning what it the PC mode of the day. What was acceptable yesterday is suddenly not only not acceptable, but is now egregious, and you may find yourself jobless, and labeled some kind of "ic" is very short order.

Parents have a very tough job. It was always tough being a parent, but back in the day, you had support from people you could trust. Neighbors looked out for your children, even disciplined them if it was necessary, but those days are long gone.

In a society where mores and rules change with the tide, how do we expect our children to ride the waves without being submerged?

edit on 2-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: Fools

Of course it needs to be known that earlier in the year he told some girl that she had werewolf arms and got kicked off the bus for that as well.
He has ADHD pretty bad and sometimes his filter does not exist.

Werewolf arms.

Lol.

That's pretty funny.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I think one member thought it was an outright lie

I am that poster who thinks this is all a lie. he cannot produce any evidence at all, saying all of this happened over the phone and from a legal standpoint, this is all BS. Paperwork has to be secure to protect the entity from a lawsuit. If the school bus will not pick up his kid and then they give some random excuse but cannot prove it, they not only have grounds for a lawsuit, but a guaranteed victory.

To put it bluntly, the OP is lying

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OldScratch

Why does everyone keep skipping right past what the op wrote here? Or does it just not matter much that they admitted their son was picking at the other child ?

It does not matter because the other child was a Muslim, which you should know is all bad now

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Yeah, sure, whatever....

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join