It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Because its information involving a criminal investigation. They know the info is significant because it forced them to notify Congress. The lack of info about the item is standard for investigations and whats released to the media.

Bear in mind Comey notified Congress and not the media.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: queenofswords

I doubt that Lynch wanted anything revealed.
When Trump becomes president, Lynch loses her job.
Clinton has already made promises to Lynch for her future if Clinton is elected.

I respectfully disagree, BlueAjah. Loretta Lynch benefitted from this by getting the spotlight off her pleading the 5th. It happened on a Friday. By Mon. or Tues. nobody will be talking about the corruption in the Obama administration regarding the Cash for Iran deal.

Getting Hillary elected is top priority for these people. They will benefit from it later.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Lynch didn't "plead the Fifth."

That's a turn of phrase the right-wing blogs are carping about.

Didn't you read the articles?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I didn't read through the 86 pages to see if it had been said... so I'll say it here...

It looks as if Anthony Weiner's weiner has come back to haunt Hillary for Halloween.

Who needs scripted television!?!?!

In all seriousness, I think the timing of this "finding" is pretty interesting. Right before the weekend Halloween parties so everyone can be in costume, drunk, and talking politics. There are no more widely televised debates for her to explain herself. Kind of doubt it will all tumble for her in a couple of weeks... but it COULD tip the scale depending on how many scary clowns and slutty nurses convince other ghouls and goblins over the weekend. We will see Monday.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Because its information involving a criminal investigation. They know the info is significant because it forced them to notify Congress. The lack of info about the item is standard for investigations and whats released to the media.

Comey knew it would be leaked to the media. That's why he wrote a letter.

They absolutely wanted this to come down exactly like it is playing out. That's just my gut and my opinion. I would love to be wrong and Comey really does have the dirt to bring justice, but I'm not optimistic based on his track record.

link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: dragonridr

Why does no one seem to understand the phrase "we don't know the significance of these emails yet"? Are you saying he's lying when he says he doesn't know their significance yet? Why would he lie? Why wouldn't he say that they found something significant and need to follow it further? He. doesn't. know. anything. yet.

Obviously he has something important or he would be risking his career. He is trying not to influence the election anymore than he has to until he completes his investigation of the emails.

Yep, tens of thousands of new emails related to a previous investigation is pretty important. They can't be ignored. They must be reviewed. Still doesn't automatically mean any of them are significant, or that any of them change the previous conclusion.

link   

And Congress notified the media.

I'd still love to see an argument that this is anything other than pure partisan theatre.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It does get the spotlight off of Loretta Lynch temporarily. But if Comey has what some whisper he has, a great big klieg light will be on her again and everyone in Team Obama, Team Clinton and even some from Team Bush.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hillary and her supporters keep asking the FBI to release the information.

Hillary and Huma ALREADY HAVE THE INFORMATION.

Why won't THEY release it???????

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Not relevant... He notified Congress of the update. He did not notify the media and is not obligated to clarify anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Lynch didn't "plead the Fifth."

That's a turn of phrase the right-wing blogs are carping about.

Didn't you read the articles?

Congress: Attorney General
Lynch ‘Pleads Fifth’ on Secret Iran ‘Ransom’ Payments
Obama admin blocking congressional probe into cash payments to Iran

Ok. She refused to answer the questions. Is that better.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch is declining to comply with an investigation by leading members of Congress about the Obama administration’s secret efforts to send Iran $1.7 billion in cash earlier this year, prompting accusations that Lynch has “pleaded the Fifth” Amendment to avoid incriminating herself over these payments, according to lawmakers and communications exclusively obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R., Fla.) and Rep. Mike Pompeo (R., Kan.) initially presented Lynch in October with a series of questions about how the cash payment to Iran was approved and delivered.

In an Oct. 24 response, Assistant Attorney General Peter Kadzik responded on Lynch’s behalf, refusing to answer the questions and informing the lawmakers that they are barred from publicly disclosing any details about the cash payment, which was bound up in a ransom deal aimed at freeing several American hostages from Iran.

The response from the attorney general’s office is “unacceptable” and provides evidence that Lynch has chosen to “essentially plead the fifth and refuse to respond to inquiries regarding [her] role in providing cash to the world’s foremost state sponsor of terrorism,” Rubio and Pompeo wrote on Friday in a follow-up letter to Lynch, according to a copy obtained by the Free Beacon.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Not relevant... He notified Congress of the update. He did not notify the media and is not obligated to clarify anything.

He already did "clarify" ... to his own people.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

And Congress notified the media.

I'd still love to see an argument that this is anything other than pure partisan theatre.

Then your issue should be with Congress for leaking the memo. Comey did not inform the media and is not obligated to disclose info to the media.

although this might be what it is -

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I doubt that Lynch wanted anything revealed.
When Trump becomes president, Lynch loses her job.
Clinton has already made promises to Lynch for her future if Clinton is elected.

I respectfully disagree, BlueAjah. Loretta Lynch benefitted from this by getting the spotlight off her pleading the 5th. It happened on a Friday. By Mon. or Tues. nobody will be talking about the corruption in the Obama administration regarding the Cash for Iran deal.

Getting Hillary elected is top priority for these people. They will benefit from it later.

Getting Hillary is a top priority, so I doubt that they would have taken this extreme measure as a distraction.
There are so many other things they could have done as a distraction, but not this.

ETA: Actually, maybe what Lynch did was one of the things that made Comey decide to go over her head.
She is proving her corruption over and over, and maybe covering for the Iran Deal is what made Comey go to Congress in spite of his orders from her. He realized she was never going to do the right thing.

edit on 10/29/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Because it appears to like Assange said " Hillary will be indicted with the next release of info"

I would think that the DOJ and the FBI has a chance to save themselves now, by recommending indictment for Hillary Clinton and the Clinton foundation, this way Obama can pardon them fast, and they will be like Virgins taking office.

link   

He already did "clarify" ... to his own people.

Who are FBI agents and not the media. Also his memo is why he notified Congress and not what the new info was.

link   
Well I do not know about the rest of you good people.

But I definitely came to one simple conclusion.

What occurred yesterday was truly without a doubt....

wait for it...........

An OCTOBER SURPRISE!!!

Need more popcorn!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Because it appears to like Assange said " Hillary will be indicted with the next release of info"

I would think that the DOJ and the FBI has a chance to save themselves now, by recommending indictment for Hillary Clinton and the Clinton foundation, this way Obama can pardon them fast, and they will be like Virgins taking office.

in the end the FBI could show a video with clinton and everyone else involved discussing their criminal behavior. AG Lynch is the final say if something is prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: avgguy

They didn't say "don't investigate the emails". He could have continued the investigation and if the emails turned out to be nothing, oh well. If the emails turned out to be something, then Hillary would be charged and her VP takes over (assuming she wins).

I can see where the DOJ was coming from. But, Comey would be risking perjury if he didn't notify them these emails existed. He didn't have a choice. Comey didn't hold a press conference to tell the world this. He just did his duty and told Congress. It was a Republican Congressperson who spread the news far and wide - that's not bipartisan either, is it.

It's my understanding that no such announcement was required of him and that such things are typically kept secret unless and until a recommendation is made to the DOJ on the basis of the finding of a crime having been committed.

Therefore, one would think that he must know there's something in there that's at least capable of rising to the level of an indictable offense.

He must have weighed it's importance to the voting public, to inject such speculation at such a late stage in the election..

This is all speculative conjecture on everyone's part at this stage of course, as it could amount to nothing but his sworn duty, but as far as I'm aware, it wasn't necessary or entirely incumbent upon him to do so.

There's got to be something there, if he's covering his ass like this. Which is I'm sure very concerning for the Clinton campaign.

Comey ought to have known that everyone on the Trump side (although who would think he's really on their side is beyond me) would make mountains out of it.

He must have been aware of the pressure that would come down on him in sending that letter and informing the DOJ 11 days from election day.

It's rather unprecedented.

If there's nothing there to raise to the level of an indictment, then it was a really bad decision on his part and should probably cost him his job.

There's a ray of hope however in all of this, and that is that, given the close proximity to the election, you can bet that all hands are on deck in regards to evaluating this new batch of emails, fast.

I predict that we'll have a result and a statement by Wednesday, but the damage to Clinton's campaign, although perhaps not as significant as many here might hope, will have already been done.

It will be interesting to see the polling on the email issue.

If he's found INTENT to commit espionage, say if it were to involve the Saudi's or convey a piece of information that would deemed classified which was sent with full awareness that indeed it was classified, then OMG.

Someone earlier in this thread said that they'd heard of a General saying that when they informed the state department they were going after a bad guy, that he would often vanish within an hour, but when they didn't, they got him.

If someone could find a cite for that, that would be interesting.

Huma would be a potential point of dissemination of such information.

Gee that would be scary for her and Hillary if there's something terrible on there..

Comey simply must clarify further, but I guess he can't until the analysis is completed.

This is so freaky!

edit on 29-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join