It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

From what I hear these are not even Clintons emails/texts specifically ..Anthony Weiners and his wife Hums Abedin. I'm not expecting any bombshells.

all we have are what reporters from the MSM say, there is no real FBI source given for that.

all that is known for certain is that devises from them were seized and material found on them.

clinton doesn't know what was found on them, and that's why she wants the FBI to say what they found.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

They didn't say "don't investigate the emails". He could have continued the investigation and if the emails turned out to be nothing, oh well. If the emails turned out to be something, then Hillary would be charged and her VP takes over (assuming she wins).

I can see where the DOJ was coming from. But, Comey would be risking perjury if he didn't notify them these emails existed. He didn't have a choice. Comey didn't hold a press conference to tell the world this. He just did his duty and told Congress. It was a Republican Congressperson who spread the news far and wide - that's not bipartisan either, is it.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: dragonridr

Why does no one seem to understand the phrase "we don't know the significance of these emails yet"? Are you saying he's lying when he says he doesn't know their significance yet? Why would he lie? Why wouldn't he say that they found something significant and need to follow it further? He. doesn't. know. anything. yet.

Obviously he has something important or he would be risking his career. He is trying not to influence the election anymore than he has to until he completes his investigation of the emails.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

All of the congressional leaders got the memo.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Lynch pleads 5th....

freebeacon.com...

Just as those in Obamas administration are running for cover, so do those in Clintons camp.

Truly disturbing that these are the people running American policy, and running it into the ground, and have been for years!

When the ship starts sinking, the rats will do whats needed to save themselves. Watch as they jump on the backs of other rats, drowning them, in the chaotic sprint to safety.

Grab your popcorn people!!!!

(post by Bloodydagger removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We might want to keep in mind that Comey was not investigating anything actively anymore.
The separate investigation that found something pertinent to the Hillary personal email server investigation was not being run by Comey.

Whatever they saw when investigating Weiner was something that stood out to someone that wasn't looking for Hillary stink.
edit on b000000312016-10-29T11:51:22-05:0011America/ChicagoSat, 29 Oct 2016 11:51:22 -05001100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on b000000312016-10-29T11:52:19-05:0011America/ChicagoSat, 29 Oct 2016 11:52:19 -05001100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: dragonridr

Why does no one seem to understand the phrase "we don't know the significance of these emails yet"? Are you saying he's lying when he says he doesn't know their significance yet? Why would he lie? Why wouldn't he say that they found something significant and need to follow it further? He. doesn't. know. anything. yet.

So your thought is that he would bring this up this close to election without knowing ANYTHING at all? That would be career suicide....I can't imagine the Director of the FBI being THAT stupid.

The devices were being forensically mined as a part of the Weiner investigation. Emails were searched and viewed. Someone on that investigative team brought something to Comey that directly ties to the Clinton server issue.

If you don't believe that then is it your thought that he just made this up and sent the letter in to congress?

The Weiner investigation has been going on for a while....I am sure he has something direct or he would not have taken such dramatic measures.

Vasa, I was thinking kind of like you until something dawned on me.

Comey released this bombshell on a Friday afternoon when no voting polls are open.

His "surprise" took the heat off Loretta Lynch's pleading of the 5th in the Cash to Iran controversy. The public and the media kept laser focus on what Comey did, not Loretta.

Come Monday or Tuesday, I will bet Comey announces "no new revelations". And people will continue to vote as they planned to vote, Loretta Lynch is no longer in the spotlight, Hillary is happy, Comey keeps his job and probably moves up the ladder to show he is a good little boy to follow the line, and the American People are none the wiser.

edit on 29-10-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

That makes sense. Preet Bharara has a reputation for standing up to government corruption and for going up against the powerful who feel above the law.

If he found something, he would not stand for a cover-up.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Comey released this bombshell on a Friday afternoon when no voting polls are open.

His "surprise" took the heat of Loretta Lynch's pleading of the 5th in the Cash to Iran controversy. The public and the media kept laser focus on what Comey did.

If we are lucky, Trump will talk about the Loretta/Iran scandal in his speech and send it across headlines worldwide.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I can't imagine the Lynch stuff not coming back up again. This is just taking the scene. HRC would not have allowed something like this to hit her last minute, unless she just wasn't in the loop on it. From all of the videos of people's reactions it seems genuine that none of them knew.

Lynch will still be in the news, just to a lesser scale now.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

His "surprise" took the heat of Loretta Lynch's pleading of the 5th in the Cash to Iran controversy. The public and the media kept laser focus on what Comey did.

If we are lucky, Trump will talk about the Loretta/Iran scandal in his speech and send it across headlines worldwide.

I hope so. Nobody is connecting these two news events. I may be wrong about it, but my gut tells me I'm right.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I doubt that Lynch wanted anything revealed.
When Trump becomes president, Lynch loses her job.
Clinton has already made promises to Lynch for her future if Clinton is elected.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

"You were wrong on quite a bit, Rick. You don't know near as much as you claimed. Hell, you can't even get straight how many years you worked for the FBI."

I will not allow you to drive this off topic.

I worked for the FBI for my last 7.5 years of my career. The rest was with the Intelligence Community. You know.. the ones who originally spilled the beans on the classified data being stored in an unsafe and unauthorized manner in Hillarys house.
---------------------------

Something significant is going on here....

A. Either the FBI has substantial new evidence that concerns the previous investigation into Clintons use of a private unclassified server that they need to analyze...

or...

B. Comey is full of crap and it is a pure political move with no substance....

edit on R572016-10-29T11:57:33-05:00k5710Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So... the "dragon's treasure" the NYPD stumbled upon in its investigation of Anthony W. is now in the hands of the FBI (and OTHERS)... so the rumours and whispers in the dark rooms say ...

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I can't imagine the Lynch stuff not coming back up again. This is just taking the scene. HRC would not have allowed something like this to hit her last minute, unless she just wasn't in the loop on it. From all of the videos of people's reactions it seems genuine that none of them knew.

Lynch will still be in the news, just to a lesser scale now.

The dirty deeds regarding the Cash to Iran deal would have hurt Hillary. With cameras on Loretta Lynch pleading the fifth and talk about the corruption in the Obama administration, Hillary would have been hurt. It was imperative to get the spotlight off of Lynch.

They did it by releasing this bombshell about the emails on Friday. By Monday or Tuesday, Loretta Lynch's refusal to answer questions will just be a minor blip.

All Hillary and her bunch want is to win the presidency. They will deal with the aftermath of controversy after the elections. Their focus now, and their ploys now, are to get through the next few days till election.
edit on 29-10-2016 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Why would he be so stupid as to lie by saying he didn't know if they were significant? If they were significant and he knew it, it would be in his best interest to say so. What he knows is that the emails were pertinent.

The emails weren't reviewed in the context of the Hillary/server investigation. They were found "pertinent" upon initial review. More review is needed to determine significance. If there were tens of thousands of pertinent emails, no way could he keep that quiet.

Do I think he made it up? No, I think his team found some new emails deemed pertinent to an existing case, and he knows they need reviewing, and he must inform Congress of this. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

link   
This was so funny it got it's own thread, Bidens reaction is to this is priceless.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

This is some info on him that I posted a while back in another thread:

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The person said investigators are zeroing in on the main offices in New York City. They’ll be helped by various U.S. attorneys, including Preet Bharara, who is stationed out of the Southern District of New York.

Report: FBI Is Now Investigating The Clinton Foundation

Preet Bharara is supposedly involved.
I think that Clinton should be afraid, very afraid

We might actually have some justice.

This is not a room where the sly or evasive can hide, much less morally leukemic billionaires, Chinese gangland shooters, bare-knuckle traders or rainmaking political bosses. All of whom Bharara has indicted, including some members of the Democratic Party that appointed him.

Not that he cares. You know what doesn’t scare him?

“Guys in suits,” he says. “Politicians? Not scary.”

Bharara’s aggressive prosecutions are earning him a reputation as a fiercely effective and limelight-loving figure in an office already legendary as the strongest arm of the Justice Department. “A petulant rooster,” defense attorneys called him in a recent court filing on behalf of an accused inside trader.
No target is apparently too big for him.
“Everyone should understand that our motivation is always to do the right thing, and we don’t pull our punches, and we don’t care who you are,” Bharara says, unapologetically.
“There are too many people who think that if you are powerful and you are rich then you get a bye, and you get treated with kid gloves,” he adds. “That’s not true here, and we work really hard to make sure people know that’s not true.”
Since then, he has indicted 17 prominent New York politicians for malfeasance — 10 of them Democrats. In January, he charged Sheldon Silver, the powerful Democratic speaker of the state Assembly, with extortion and bribery.

The brash New York prosecutor who’s indicting left and right

I think I like this guy

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join