It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The pardon issue seems to imply the president can end this immediately.

Ford pardoned Nixon.

No grand jury, no charges ever filed, no impeachment vote.

edit on Oct-31-2016 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The alternate ending to this movie is Comey charges Hillary, Hillary drops out for health reasons and is later pardoned. Trumps plane goes down, killing all onboard and Obama uses an execute order to suspend the election and retains his presidency amid the chaos.

edit on 31-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: George Soros asked me to

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Obama is using his position as POTUS, his podium, to influence the election by campaigning for Hillary.

Like every other president.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Statement Today, 10/31 Senate Judiciary

Letter from Chuck Grassley on FBI Letter Regarding New Emails Related To Clinton Investigation

PDF of Senate Letter

Seems he is hinting at a DOJ coverup.
www.washingtonpost.com... the-public/

edit on 31-10-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
The alternate ending to this movie is Comey charges Hillary, Hillary drops out for health reasons and is later pardoned. Trumps plane goes down, killing all onboard and Obama uses an execute order to suspend the election and retains his presidency amid the chaos.

Strangely I recall hearing that scenario explored last June and July. There is a great deal of "energy" around the notion of suspended or invalidated elections and Obama staying in the office before his "expiration date" as President.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

For what it's worth to anyone, Director Comey also stated in his letter to FBI employees the words I put in bold: "Of course, we don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."

I choose to take his words seriously, I very personally hold him to these words, and will continue to observe what happens.
edit on 31-10-2016 by tweetie because: spelling!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Chuck Grassley on FBI Letter Regarding New Emails Related To Clinton Investigation
www.grassley.senate.gov...

Grassley is correct in his assessment and instead of wailing, moaning, and the gnashing of teeth he has exercised his authority to require a briefing by the FBI. (I could inject something here about the execrable Harry Reid, but nothing I could write could surpass Trey Gowdy's "I didn't know Mormons did drugs" in response to Reid's howling of "Hatch Act violations.)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes, a Bush Republican filed that.

Obama is using his position as POTUS, his podium,
to influence the election by campaigning for Hillary.

He is likely violating the Hatch Act himself, but no
one is complaining.

The POTUS is exempt from the Hatch Act IIRC.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Strangely I recall hearing that scenario explored last June and July. There is a great deal of "energy" around the notion of suspended or invalidated elections and Obama staying in the office before his "expiration date" as President.

I hope it doesn't happen that way.

I wish the posts here would show up as they are posted. This thread seems very alive.
edit on 31-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: George Soros asked me to

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

He is correct in his words even if he is soft-selling his obligation.

He testified to Congress under oath that the investigation was complete, and he also testified under oath that he would notify Congress of any change or development. Such a declaration under oath means he is bound to keep his word and is thereby mandated to inform Congress.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Letter from Chuck Grassley on FBI Letter Regarding New Emails Related To Clinton Investigation

PDF of Senate Letter

Seems he is hinting at a DOJ coverup.
www.washingtonpost.com... the-public/

Actually a great letter !!

To address all the points, it will take Comey at least 2 weeks.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

(I could inject something here about the execrable Harry Reid, but nothing I could write could surpass Trey Gowdy's "I didn't know Mormons did drugs" in response to Reid's howling of "Hatch Act violations.)

Omgosh, did he really say that?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wow...Looks like Comey is under investigation now.

A federal agency has likely opened an investigation into whether FBI Director James Comey is interfering in the presidential campaign by disclosing new materials related to the federal probe concerning Hillary Clinton’s emails.

thehill.com...

The Democrats are in panic mode no doubt.

The man responsible for the OSC Complaint against Comey is a former ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush White House.

Pres. Bush's former AG (along with several other former AGs) have also publicly said Comey made an egregious error here.

But please...keep up that "Dem" Panic thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes, a Bush Republican filed that.

Obama is using his position as POTUS, his podium,
to influence the election by campaigning for Hillary.

He is likely violating the Hatch Act himself, but no
one is complaining.

The POTUS is exempt from the Hatch Act IIRC.

Thank you for that information. I must go digging for the current text of the Act after the amendments of 2012...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wow...Looks like Comey is under investigation now.

A federal agency has likely opened an investigation into whether FBI Director James Comey is interfering in the presidential campaign by disclosing new materials related to the federal probe concerning Hillary Clinton’s emails.

thehill.com...

The Democrats are in panic mode no doubt.

The man responsible for the OSC Complaint against Comey is a former ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush White House.

Pres. Bush's former AG (along with several other former AGs) have also publicly said Comey made an egregious error here.

But please...keep up that "Dem" Panic thing.

Please. Team Bush is all in for Team Clinton.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

(I could inject something here about the execrable Harry Reid, but nothing I could write could surpass Trey Gowdy's "I didn't know Mormons did drugs" in response to Reid's howling of "Hatch Act violations.)

Omgosh, did he really say that?

He did... live on Fox News. He also said that Harry Reid was merely a political hack but Comey was a law enforcement officer.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Interesting though that the idea came from Trey Gowdy,
I wonder why he said that?

I see changes were made in The Act in 97...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Interesting though that the idea came from Trey Gowdy,
I wonder why he said that?

I see changes were made in The Act in 97...

Oh? Gowdy said that? That is odd. A quick search appears to confirm the POTUS is actually exempt.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Succinct: "Jim Comey did not tell her (Hillary) to use her private server."

I'm liking how so many of these politicians, etc., are very shaken up by what Director Comey did. Page after page turns up in a search engine of surprised and dismayed reactions to his letter.

A very interesting development!

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join