It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Gryphon66

Simple answer he felt a legal obligation to inform congress we both differ as to why he felt that way. But he still ant compromise the investigation if he does it opens up him and the FBI to further problems. He has to treat this as any other investigation meaning he cant release anything until its complete.

So Comey will go into hiding until...whenever. No giving in to the screams and demands for more information?

Huma can sort it all today by releasing all the emails.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Here's the way I see it with Comey. When given the information about new emails, he's got three options:

1. Have his agents secretly review the emails without telling anyone until after the review is complete (after the election).

2. Hold the emails aside and put off any review of them (and don't tell anyone they exist just yet) until after the election.

3. Start reviewing the emails now and tell Congress about it.

The first two options might look too much like he's helping Clinton with the election, and I don't think he wants that. The third option makes the appearance of complete transparency, as well as the FBI just doing their job.

I just don't see how he could have picked any other option. If it were me, I'd probably do the same thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

This is so YUGE, you know there will be leaks and rumors the next 9 days at an unprecedented level.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but was it actually Comey who leaked the letter?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I see what your saying however from my (vague) knowledge of the law something sticks out. Just because they have the information legally doesn't mean it's admissible in court.

For instance, let's say there is classified information on the laptop owned by Weiner and Abadin. They have it but don't own it and certainly aren't classified to see it.

Once the FBI realized that they may infact need this for evidence in another case, they decided to get the warrant.

I agree with your stance on this.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
you know something i've been waiting on and predict that something will be said before it is over with by more people than just liberal rags. is this is comey second chance to get hillary. and i'm not alking about the emails, i'm talking about whitewater.

here is just one opinion piece back from july, notice the similarity in what he said she did.

According to a March 31 Time magazine report: “In 1996, after months of work, Comey came to some damning conclusions: Hillary Clinton was personally involved in mishandling documents and had ordered others to block investigators as they pursued their case. Worse, her behavior fit into a pattern of concealment: she and her husband had tried to hide their roles in two other matters under investigation by law enforcement. Taken together, the interference by White House officials, which included destruction of documents, amounted to ‘far more than just aggressive lawyering or political naiveté,’ Comey and his fellow investigators concluded. It constituted ‘a highly improper pattern of deliberate misconduct.’”
Comey decision was Whitewater II

sounds familiar doesn't it.

it makes you wonder seeing that she has a pattern of doing the same thing over and over again, was comey under orders to this last time to make it go away, and now that there is some solid proof he can't bring himself not to do it any more.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justacasualobserver

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but was it actually Comey who leaked the letter?

To my knowledge it was Rep. Jason Chaffetz.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have been struggling with that issue as well, as I had actually started to have respect for a Republican in high office again. (That's immaterial, merely personal.)

I think there's another option. Follow the protocols long established in the Department of Justice (and perhaps, as required in the Hatch Act, also this seems less applicable to me.)

Open the investigation, get the warrant, do the review and work on the email material ... AND THEN announce whatever the investigation's results are. I feel like that's the directive that DOJ gave Director Comey, and he, perhaps because of his strong commitment to the law and the American people, perhaps for other reasons, chose to break from protocol and pursue his own course (much as he did in July).

I suppose the outcome will justify the means ... or it won't.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I hear you, but I don't think the existing protocols factor in special situations like upcoming presidential elections.

The other option you mentioned is basically my option number 1 - do the email review on the downlow and announce it when it is complete. I agree that this would be standard protocol, but with a presidential candidate during an election? That's a whole other ball of wax. Besides, the act of seeking a warrant could be leaked (most likely would be), and then it's out in the open anyway - then it looks like Comey was trying to keep it quiet to protect Hillary.

He's kind of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Hide it or put it out there - either way it could look like he's trying to influence an election. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't think the Democrat party officials and surrogates are playing this whole thing very well. Seems to be a lot of finger pointing at Comey and grabbing unsubstantiated information and positioning said information as fact, like no emails to or from Clinton, etc.

It seems they are willing to blame everyone but Clinton in public, whilst behind the scenes we already know from wikileaks they are tearing their hair out over how Hillary has handled the whole email affair.

It will be very interesting indeed to see how the American people react.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Is anyone here familiar with computers? Im trying to figure out roughly how many GB's of memory 650'000 emails would use.

Or if anyone knows how many GB's the wikileaks so far have used, We could use that as an average and work it out from there?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Varies on the content, some might be text only and some might have classified images from satellite Intel.

The average size of an email (without images) is 5KB, which would be approximately 100,000 emails per 1 Gigabyte.

650,000 (non-image only) roughly 6-7 GB
edit on 31-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 31-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

So not a lot then, I thought it would be much more, I thought one of the wikileaks dumps were 16gb's and that was just a few thousand emails? Quite a lot of them had pictures and PDF's ect.

Would that 7gb figure only be text? Did you figure in jpegs ect?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

To be fair, it would be the same thing with the Republican party if Comey followed standard protocol and kept the new email review to himself. They would be screaming that he was trying to protect Hillary by not making it public. They would be screaming that he was trying to influence an election.

Remember, the first review of emails ended up with a recommendation of no charges, and there were already some classified emails found. It's highly doubtful that all of a sudden these new emails will show intent when the others didn't. As an American who is getting ready to vote this week, I will be keeping that in mind.

edit on 31-10-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I don't think the Democrat party officials and surrogates are playing this whole thing very well. Seems to be a lot of finger pointing at Comey and grabbing unsubstantiated information and positioning said information as fact, like no emails to or from Clinton, etc.

It seems they are willing to blame everyone but Clinton in public, whilst behind the scenes we already know from wikileaks they are tearing their hair out over how Hillary has handled the whole email affair.

It will be very interesting indeed to see how the American people react.

1. Director Comey brought this to Congress. Who else has responsibility for a public disclosure regarding an ongoing/restarted investigation? Rep. Chaffetz who (predictably) leaked the letter?

2. So, Democrats are focusing on whether any of these emails actually involve Hillary CLinton? WOw, you're right, shame on them for talking about something they have no facts about.

(Will you be condemning the right-wing/anti-Hillary folks for doing the same thing you're damning Democrats for in #2? Or do you view that as okay, because, well, right-wing/anti-Hillary folks?)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Another question, Has it been confirmed that it is a laptop the FBI has, Or just a storage device?

What im trying to figure out is if it was an older laptop it may have less than 500gb memory, probably a terabyte max.

Would there have been much memory left on this device? if the device was nearly maxed out memory wise, it gives credit to the rumor that it was indeed a "life insurance policy" IE that the device as purchased solely to store these emails as there was not much memory left for the device to be used as anything else + a device with a lot of used memory slows to a crawl as well...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Doubt a labtop would run out of memory from emails. You could probably store over 30 million of them on a labtop from 1999.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just saw a report that the laptop backed up Huma's Smartphone while she was at State.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

well then
a library of "all of the emails" in question?
yikes
wonder what the 33k deleted have to offer?

new topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join