It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'd probably take considerable effort to keep my privacy intact as well.

She is a public figure running for public office... Its ok for her to hold back info yet its not ok for the FBI to do it during a criminal investigation?

Does that suit your question?

Yes to some and no to others but it is cool... We arent going to see eye to eye on everything.

It's okay for her to hold back info that's not in the public domain, yes. As I said, the investigation (criminal or not) has already been compromised. It was declared closed. It is now tentatively (depending on how you read Comey's comments) declared open again. Comey wrote a letter to Congress that he presumably knew would be leaked, he wrote another letter internally to the FBI which he presumably knew would be released to the public, so why isn't it reasonable, in this situaiton in which all investigative protocols have been upended, to provide more direct information to the public at large? It''s a little late to be coy, now.

LOL, no we aren't going to see eye-to-eye on everything. Thank goodness. Your posts are one of the few that actually make me think through my responses (and my positions). As I was saying earlier ... who wants an "Amen Corner?"

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I agree with your assessment everything she does is to protect her reputation and standing. Some because of the many attacks and others because of her practices. Problem is they have been trying to patch holes this entire election. This is the main reason i get to say i told you so. I voted for bernie because i knew that her dyke was going to spring leaks. look currently Chelsea has opened up an investigation into the Clinton foundation not sure of her logic. Than of course more emails are floating to the surface. And even Benghazi is coming back in a court case by the families. Her campaign has been unraveling almost from the start to her credit she kept putting the genie back in the bottle. But apparently we are dealing with one stubborn genie.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Simple answer he felt a legal obligation to inform congress we both differ as to why he felt that way. But he still ant compromise the investigation if he does it opens up him and the FBI to further problems. He has to treat this as any other investigation meaning he cant release anything until its complete.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Joe Biden was caught on tape expressing what a lot of us probably think about more Clinton email issues:

"Oh God!" (Look of disgust).

Hindsight is 20/20. I don't pretend to know what she was thinking with the private email server, aside from "my server my rules." Fine, if she had made sure that she never communicated with Classified information, which, from what I can see she did at least three times.

She knew that Powell and Rice had used non-State emails. She knew that GWBush's adminsitration had used non-official emails (and "lost" 22 million of them.).

People make decisions based on less than rational beliefs. I can't account for any of that.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You may not know this, but the reason law enforcement will not disclose details of ongoing investigations is because those details and or evidence will become inadmissible in court. That is because the details and or evidence could possibly become public and known by the jury before they are selected for duty, and that could cause a biased verdict.

They can disclose anything they want, but only information they don't plan on using to prosecute with. If the information is not being used to prosecute they can talk about it all day.

Information such as announcing the investigation is reopened... that is useless information and can not be used to prosecute anyone. So you're wrong in saying the investigation is compromised. None of the details released so far are significant, nor are they needed to prosecute.
edit on 31-10-2016 by ab0vean0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Simple answer he felt a legal obligation to inform congress we both differ as to why he felt that way. But he still ant compromise the investigation if he does it opens up him and the FBI to further problems. He has to treat this as any other investigation meaning he cant release anything until its complete.

I disagree with the contention that this investigation is not compromised. The Senate Majority Leader has penned a letter to Director Comey alleging that his actions to date are in violation of the Hatch Act as well as internal Justice protocols and restrictions.

This has been a partisan issue, and it will continue to be a partisan issue.

If it really is 650K emails, the best advice I could give him ... "read fast."

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: TruthJava

She's not an ordinary citizen because if that were the truth, she would'nt be
demanding the cia or whomever to pander to her every whim,.

It's the FBI.

She isn't demanding that they pander to her whim. The Director of the FBI sent a letter to Congress regarding her.

Are you saying she doesn't have the right (or more exactly, that the American people don't have the right) to know what he's talking about?

no Gryph.. What i'm saying is that she is a big phony and needs to be tossed into an 8X8 prison cell where she can't hurt anyone ever again.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

a reply to: TruthJava

She's not an ordinary citizen because if that were the truth, she would'nt be
demanding the cia or whomever to pander to her every whim,.

It's the FBI.

She isn't demanding that they pander to her whim. The Director of the FBI sent a letter to Congress regarding her.

Are you saying she doesn't have the right (or more exactly, that the American people don't have the right) to know what he's talking about?

no Gryph.. What i'm saying is that she is a big phony and needs to be tossed into an 8X8 prison cell where she can't hurt anyone ever again.

Right. I understand that. You don't like her, you believe she is guilty and you want to see her punished.

That's not the way it works in this country. If there's evidence that she's guilty, let's get on with it. She gets a trial and the right to defend herself. If the case is made against her, she suffers the penalties.

However at this point, there's nothing except confusion and consternation. This is a partisan issue and it will remain one.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Sen. Reid is the Senate minorty leader. Mitch Mconnel is the Sen. Majority leader.

Sen. Reid wrote the letter.

Joe Biden was on record as sating "oh God" in response to finding out it came from Anthony Weiner and not about the email probe.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Absence of a prosecution does not mean absence of a crime.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I disagree with the contention that this investigation is not compromised. The Senate Majority Leader has penned a letter to Director Comey alleging that his actions to date are in violation of the Hatch Act as well as internal Justice protocols and restrictions.

This has been a partisan issue, and it will continue to be a partisan issue.

If it really is 650K emails, the best advice I could give him ... "read fast."

Actually be the congressman who were in violation of the hatch act releasing his letter to them to the press. But i agree his investigators need to get to speed reading. But there is an issue her no one has even covered. She took all these emails with her after she left office of secretary of state. why did she save them and why did she only delete them once she was under investigation? I have yet to hear anyone in the press even bring up the fact she shouldnt have had them in the first place. The moment she left office all communications while she was sec of state should have been turned over or deleted.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Sen. Reid is the Senate minorty leader. Mitch Mconnel is the Sen. Majority leader.

Sen. Reid wrote the letter.

Joe Biden was on record as sating "oh God" in response to finding out it came from Anthony Weiner and not about the email probe.

You are correct. Perhaps I was thinking ahead.

Yes, Senator Reid wrote the letter, and it's on the record now.

Ah, then the context that I had heard for the video was incorrect ... I hadn't followed up on it.

Still, I hold that's how most of us feel about the interminable email mess.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Bingo.

Rep. Chaffetz should have his cage rattled for more than one reason.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The real problem is, Clinton and Huma were both supposed to turn over all devices to the FBI for the original email investigation. The laptop they found these new emails on for some reason was forgotten.

A fatal mistake was made. They are both going down.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The Hatch Act applies to the executive branch. It does not apply to the Legislative branch.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ab0vean0n
The real problem is, Clinton and Huma were both supposed to turn over all devices to the FBI for the original email investigation. The laptop they found these new emails on for some reason was forgotten.

Is that what happened or did you just make that up?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Is that what happened or did you just make that up?

How would this be made up? If a new device with emails on it wasn't found, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Is that a real question, or are you just typing whatever nonsense comes to your head to create the illusion that what I said was invalid in hopes of swaying the opinion of the lower IQ readers of ATS like a good little Clinton janitor?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I don't trust Huma as far as i can toss her. The pair of them are bad to the core, they've been in this together from the beginning. They will Fail!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

So Comey will go into hiding until...whenever. No giving in to the screams and demands for more information?

new topics

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join