It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ab0vean0n
a reply to: Gryphon66

Adorable right?

I thought your first response was better

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
A couple of amazing things here that people aren't bringing up at all. First thing is the fact that as of right now Clinton is no one. She isn't in Congress, she's not Sec of State, she is regular citizen just like all of us. And yet, she is calling out the FBI and making demands of them. Think about that for a minute.

Hadn't thought of it this way before! gives me chills to read it...!!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You make several assumptions which I of course can't dispute ... which are reasonable to some degree.

Not every email is HTML-based.

"Trust you" ... okay, you're a fairly reasonable poster here.

"There is zero chance that these emails don't incriminate her in some way."

By her I imagine you mean Clinton.

I'll trust you ... what evidence to you have for this beyond your own supposition? Anything?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

She's not an ordinary citizen because if that were the truth, she would'nt be
demanding the cia or whomever to pander to her every whim,.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
When you ask a stupid question...

Assuming...

all the info thus far is accurate - 650k emails, classified information, a coverup etc do you think Clinton should drop out of the race now or should she stay with it knowing she is placing her own interests over that of the REpublic?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Classified emails were found on Weiners computer. Apparently they were discovered a few weeks ago when the New York FBI agents started going through his computer.

It is looking like the emails will include ones that were deleted prior to the FBI getting access to the Clinton server during the first criminal investigation.

Going on how nasty / desperate Democrats are getting based on their tv interviews I would say they are in panic mode. From Reid falsely accusing Comey of violating the Hatch act (when it was Congress who notified the media) to Democrats accusing Comey of being a Russian agent.

what is really sad is how Democrats will threaten people with the law while they remain silent on Clinton breaking the law. Once again proving to the American people there are 2 sets of standards when it comes to who is accountable to the law.

This needs to be shared far and wide.
Obama lied along with Clinton/Wiener. Where are all the Hillary supporters now?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

It's the FBI.

She isn't demanding that they pander to her whim. The Director of the FBI sent a letter to Congress regarding her.

Are you saying she doesn't have the right (or more exactly, that the American people don't have the right) to know what he's talking about?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Where are all the Hillary supporters now?

My guess would be looking for a lawyer...

If this post's info is accurate and Huma lost her immunity and either cooperates or goes to prison is the basis for my comment.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's the FBI.

She isn't demanding that they pander to her whim. The Director of the FBI sent a letter to Congress regarding her.

Are you saying she doesn't have the right (or more exactly, that the American people don't have the right) to know what he's talking about?

OR she could ask Huma what the emails were, go to a press conference with Huma and let Huma explain whats in the emails to put it behind them.

Secondly Clinton is a lawyer and knows very well that law enforcement is not going to provide detailed evidence to anyone while a criminal investigation is ongoing.

Its political theater and the Clinton camp knows this.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Agreed on political theatre.

Comey's step is extraordinary though. I think everyone admits that at this point. His own rationale was that the American people had a right to know, and that's fine, but if they had a right to know that the FBI is "reopening" the investigation, then we have a right to know more factual information about the parameters.

At least, in my opinion.
edit on 31-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You make several assumptions which I of course can't dispute ... which are reasonable to some degree.

Not every email is HTML-based.

"Trust you" ... okay, you're a fairly reasonable poster here.

"There is zero chance that these emails don't incriminate her in some way."

By her I imagine you mean Clinton.

I'll trust you ... what evidence to you have for this beyond your own supposition? Anything?

Logic do you think Comey is going to put his but in a sling without knowing the contents. If an investigator came to him and said we found Hillary emails on a laptop. He would say that case has been closed. So then investigator goes but sir ive read the scripts not only are they her emails but several pose a severe problem. Comey reads through the meta data. If it was nothing which you know he hoped it was then case closed. But instead he read something that made him completely change his mind. Now hes setting here holding on to information after congressional investigation. He knows if this gets out he can be charged with obstruction. So what to do it take him 3 weeks to decide but he decides to inform congress of the emails to protect himself. And of course they decide to make that public dont think Comey thought that was going to happen immediately.

See this move was not political he just guaranteed he looses spot as FBI director. He had democrats support all ready republicans think hes incompetent all ready. Now no matter which side wins he looses. So if it wasnt to save his job then that leaves 2 options jail or money. Unlikely hed take a bribe or be offered one so that just leaves jail.
edit on 10/31/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Agreed on political theatre.

Comey's step is extraordinary though. I think everyone admits that at this point. His own rationale was that the American people had a right to know, and that's fine, but if they had a right to know that the FBI is "reopening" the investigation, then we have a right to know more factual information about the parameters.

At least, in my opinion.

It is a valid point.. However we have to weigh public interest verses the rights of a person under investigation. Since Clinton has called for their release, knowing the FBI cant release it, she has created a false image of whats going on. The other issue would be -

Is the Clinton camp, including Clinton herself, really wanting that many emails released without knowing whats in them? Secondly it can be seen as Clinton knowing exactly what is in them and thats why she calls for the release. That would undermine her stated position though since she said she doesnt know (if that makes sense - im tired).

Finally since they contain classified info they cant just release those to the public.

The argument that emails should be released if they contain no wrong doing also paints a false narrative. It allows the ability to spin the situation by claiming no emails were illegal / nothing to see here while ignoring the classified emails / emails that show illegal activity.

An interesting strategy if accurate but it will blow up in her face.

Let me ask since you seem to support Clinton (appear to from what I see anyways) -

Does Clinton, in your eyes, blame any and everyone else for her own actions while denying them herself?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The only thing I can address there (which is not more speculation, which we are all doing here at this time) is whether James Comey "put his butt in a sling."

One thing I will say about him, that I have observed. When he thinks he is on the side of right and the law, he acts.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Where are all the Hillary supporters now?

They got spammed out the thread, look at the last 50 pages, the same people posting and backslapping each other.

I mean I thought Comey was paid by the Clintons? You guys all stated that as if it were fact. Anyone who doesn't do exactly what you want them to do is paid off by the Clintons... right?

What is even better is that nothing has come of this, and nothing likely will. It won't change the election, rightfully so.

It was just another last ditch effort to flog a dead horse.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

The only thing I can address there (which is not more speculation, which we are all doing here at this time) is whether James Comey "put his butt in a sling."

One thing I will say about him, that I have observed. When he thinks he is on the side of right and the law, he acts.

Maybe but not telling congress after there investigation and his report to congress which he mentioned specifically in the letter opens him up to at least the appearance of a cover up. Meaning if this got out later there would be an investigation and would be criminal in intent. his recommendation and his testimony ended the investigation in the first place. dont think he sees himself as a justice warrior at all. hes a bureaucrat trying to keep him and his agency out of trouble.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Why can't additional details of what, why, where and how be released?

The normal investigative protocols are already long gone in this case.

So your argument is ... the FBI can't release information regarding a person under investigation? Again, James Comey has already done that.

There is no "false image created" of what's going on at this time beside the one James Comey's letters have created, in definite and intentional ignoring of Justice Department protocols at the least.

I do agree with the observation that IF these emails (reporting to be 650,000 by WSJ) contain confidential info, that info can't be released ... BUT, again, in this extraordinary circumstance, I still believe Jim Comey has a responsibility to the American people to give us more basis, more background, more on how this situation prompting his letter has evolved.

I do not support Clinton in any way other than I am voting for her as a vote against Donald Trump. I've said this repeatedly.

You want to ask me a general question about how Clinton accepts responsibility? From what I've seen, there's probably some accuracy to the general perception that she is a guarded, careful individual. She's been under the gun from the right-wing and associated media for the last 20 years or so, and they have accused her of everything in the book from murder to treason to theft.

I'd probably take considerable effort to keep my privacy intact as well.

As to public statements of culpability and responsibility? Like any politician, it seems hard for her to admit she's wrong.

Does that suit your question?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I will admit my perception of Mr. Comey is starting to deteriorate a bit ... but for the moment I still believe he is a good man who makes big statements that force his hand in subsequent decisions.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Yes this strategy is the only card they have to play your right. They know nothing can be released while investigations are on gBut it gives the impression that the FBI and Comey are hiding something and gives them an avenue to attack him. In combat this would be a smoke screen make it hard to see and hope people think nothing is there.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I'd probably take considerable effort to keep my privacy intact as well.

She is a public figure running for public office... Its ok for her to hold back info yet its not ok for the FBI to do it during a criminal investigation?

Does that suit your question?

Yes to some and no to others but it is cool... We arent going to see eye to eye on everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I don't know what is, But something is weird about that video

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join