It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I must say I find it satisfyingly hilarious that so many Democrats on TV are alluding to a conspiracy and a fix with this latest turn of events... Its a fix! Its a fix! I guess they are following Hillary's lead of whining about Republicans.

How dare they undermine the system. It's an attack on democracy!

It's projection. The vast right-wing conspiracy is really the Clinton Foundation. When you have to lie, it's likely easiest to keep it straight if you tell truths you blame on the other guy.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I was referring to the FBI not yet getting a warrant, not communicating the opening of the investigation to Congress.
Can you provide anything about DOJ practice that says Comey broke some rules by updating Congress?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That would still fall within my theory:

Early returns look bad. They know people are upset over the emails. They also know the first go around did not lay it to rest like they wanted and Wikileaks keep coming. So they re-open the case using Weiner's case as pretext and someone falls on their sword to try to smooth it over with the public and finally satisfy them and justice was done and the emails are nothingburger.

And I said if they are doing that, it will happen soon, and you will see the hammer fall before the election because this is ultimately an attempt to salvage the election returns.

Wikileaks has had little effect on anything except among Trump supporters/Clinton haters.

Your supposition is as reasonable as any I suppose at this point, if and only if the sources that have stated that these emails have nothing to do with Hillary Clinton per se (she didn't send or receive them) are mistaken.

The further this goes, the more the logical answer seems to be that they've located "another set" of emails transacted via the Clinton Email Server and they are going through their "standard procedure" used in the previous/earlier stages of the investigation, comparing these with what they have already looked at and had reviewed by government agencies for "Classified" information.

I am still trying to believe that Director Comey would take this extraordinary (and unprecedented) step because of his commitment to justice and the rule-of-law.

It's getting more difficult however, not to see it as a) a manifestation of a basic incompetency on his part or b) a political ploy to recover standing with conservatives/Republicans.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I was referring to the FBI not yet getting a warrant, not communicating the opening of the investigation to Congress.
Can you provide anything about DOJ practice that says Comey broke some rules by updating Congress?

It has something to do with a 60 day policy, not interfering with an election.

Here is Judge Jeanine to explain.

edit on 10 30 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Given the money trails uncovered in those emails that supposedly had no effect ... Comey and his FBI are as much a part of the machine as the DoJ. There was pressure there, and you can't listen to his remarks on things and think otherwise, especially given that there have recently been two other cases over handling of classified material that were much less egregious than Hillary's where both men ended up in jail.

The public has been circulating the information through other channels than the mainstream press this time. Yes, old geezers do know how to use social media.
edit on 30-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

As a matter of fact, I can.

From the article you linked just previously:

The DOJ had warned the FBI against alerting Congress to the existence of the emails, according to media reports on Saturday. Announcing the investigation went against longstanding tradition, and could be perceived as influencing, or attempting to influence, the looming election, the reports said.

and also from Director Comey's own statement, same source:

"We don't ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed," Comey said, noting his testimony in front of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. "I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I guess it would depend on what was in those emails. If they are bad enough, then what would be worse: interfering with the election or possibly electing someone who would immediately be impeached or removed before they could even take office to be impeached? And what happens if what's in there is terrible and she gets elected and then Obama pardons her?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I must say I find it satisfyingly hilarious that so many Democrats on TV are alluding to a conspiracy and a fix with this latest turn of events... Its a fix! Its a fix! I guess they are following Hillary's lead of whining about Republicans.

How dare they undermine the system. It's an attack on democracy!

It's projection. The vast right-wing conspiracy is really the Clinton Foundation. When you have to lie, it's likely easiest to keep it straight if you tell truths you blame on the other guy.

It's literally amazing to me how the two "sides" have been so perfectly programmed each to blame the other.

Those denying the "vast right-wing conspiracy" have to invoke the "vast left-wing conspiracy" to do so ... and vice-versa.

We're being played like harps from hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Tradition and rule are two different things. Isn't that what we were told when it came to the marriage argument? Man/woman marriage was only a tradition after all, not law.

link   

I guess it would depend on what was in those emails. If they are bad enough, then what would be worse: interfering with the election or possibly electing someone who would immediately be impeached or removed before they could even take office to be impeached? And what happens if what's in there is terrible and she gets elected and then Obama pardons her?

... and what happens if what's in there has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary Clinton as several sources have reported?

Then I think anyone would agree that Comey's actions have had an undue effect on a Presidential election, which is absolutely unprecedented.

link   

Not at all. Just pointing out that there is evidence to show that the Clinton Foundation is operating as a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Tradition and rule are two different things. Isn't that what we were told when it came to the marriage argument? Man/woman marriage was only a tradition after all, not law.

I am amazed at how often you are able to toss gay rights/marriage equality into a discussion as red herring Ketsuko.

Speaking generically, yes, sometimes tradition and rules are two different things.

In this case, however, they are the same. There is ZERO PRECEDENT for making a public announcement of this nature this close to an election that could sway or alter the outcome.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Do those sources have names?

If they emails had nothing at all to do with Clinton, why reopen her investigation?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

But can she be impeached for something she's done before being elected.

That's the problem.

They won't know anything in 9 days, presumably.

It will take months and obama would be out of office.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Not at all. Just pointing out that there is evidence to show that the Clinton Foundation is operating as a conspiracy.

Well, based on that scant argument, so's the Trump Foundation.

(Way to skirt the point of my comment though.
)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's not going to take months.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

As a matter of fact, I can.

From the article you linked just previously:

The DOJ had warned the FBI against alerting Congress to the existence of the emails, according to media reports on Saturday. Announcing the investigation went against longstanding tradition, and could be perceived as influencing, or attempting to influence, the looming election, the reports said.

and also from Director Comey's own statement, same source:

"We don't ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed," Comey said, noting his testimony in front of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. "I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."

So no rules broken then? Just not adhering to tradition. No harm there. Comey was completely within his rights to inform Congress. I think getting the news out to the public was the right thing to do precisely because it is so close to the election.

There could be much more at play here though - we'll know more soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The whole situation of having someone running for office who was known to have mishandled national security secrets in such a way is also unprecedented.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Clinton sent classified material to Huma. The email was fully / correctly marked.

You offer this as a legitimate source?

Any reason we should believe a Youtube video?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Well, based on that scant argument, so's the Trump Foundation.

(Way to skirt the point of my comment though.
)

Go hack them and show me the emails to prove it. We have those from the Clinton Foundations own insiders now.

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join