It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING: Clinton Email Case Just Reopened!

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This includes:
People that may have hacked the server
People that she has sent information to, that was later classfifed, and they "with intent" spread the information after-the-fact.

How nobody considers this second point with the massive pit-fall she fell into blows my mind. You don't POSSIBLY think there is at LEAST a second person that potentially could be involved other than Clinton?

Do you even understand how the basic function of EMAIL works? You tend to have a second party that RECEIVES it. That only leaves THOUSANDS of possible connections to the leak.

But no, obviously Clinton is solely guilty of "Who even knows" using a tech that literally requires 2 people from the start to have relevance.

Also, to claim the FBI can't find information out of a server is hilarious. So computers aren't investigated? No data or information in any computer holds significance for any case? Excuse me while I gag at this horrendous logic.
edit on 29-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BlueAjah

Do did Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield ...

Powell and Rice used private email.

Representatives Chaffetz and Gowdy both use non-government email accounts ...

But no ... this is not political at all.

Riiight.

Sure they use private emails....show me an email correspondence on official business from one. Clinton had 55K released from hers...

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A lot of speculation going on. I have seen sources say that they are more than likely not duplicates. So many rumors right now.

Clinton about to speak at rally and is expected to speak about the FBI probe. Huma missing in action.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

a reply to: pianopraze

Two different sources have stated that these emails do not involve Hillary Clinton.

AP and NYT, linked several times in the thread.

Subseuqent sources have suggested that these emails may be duplicates that the FBI has already reviewed.

"Subsequent sources have suggested that these emails may be duplicates...".
"Suggested"?--"May be"?
Suggests they don't really know...but are speculating.

BTW: Were these sources 'unnamed sources' ?

Either way...we'll see. Looks like Hillary has nothing to worry about, if true...Plenty to worry about if it's just spin.

The statements about duplicates have been cited several times int he discussion thus far. The citations are there embedded in the thread.

If you'd like, i can pull them out for you, but I figured it's common knowldge at this point.

Thanks, anyway...I'm sure these sources are 'unnamed' or 'anonymous'...but if you prove me wrong, I'll absolutely admit that I am.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Gryphon66

Felony convictions under 793 F

United States v. Rickie L. Roller
United States v. Arthur E. Gonzalez

Now you tell me how many people who were charged under 793 F plead guilty. I ask because the the stats dont take that into account. It solely focuses on prosecutions where a person plead not guilty and was convicted.

Right, I'm guessing you pulled this information from this Fortune Magazine article :

Fortune

To answer, I'll provide a citation from that source that you probably didn't want to consider:

Neither case closely resembles Clinton’s situation. In each instance, the perpetrator at some point realized that classified materials had been removed from a secure location and taken to an insecure one, and then failed to act promptly to report or fix the problem. The FBI researchers seemed to believe that Clinton and her colleagues never came to such a realization, even if they should have.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Well considering Clinton had sole access to SAP information and top secret classified info how would that info get to anyone other than Clinton and how would aides get the info if Clinton didnt provide access to it?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I saw someone admit on this thread that Hillary is incompetent.
That is from one of her biggest cheerleaders.

I think they admit that because the alternative is that she is a crook.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

a reply to: RickinVa

First thing you've said in a while that I agree with Rick.

I believe the focus here will be on Huma.

If she sent confidential info to her husband, that is indeed going to be actionable in court.

Gryph I don't think she'd have to 'send' it to be in trouble. The fact that he had access to the laptop is enough, amiright? It was a shared computer.

If there was no security in place to protect the information, I think you're absolutely correct.

Shared computer? I hadn't picked up on that ... did you have a good link to that info? I'd love to get caught up on that.

Ok, here's one. But if you google "weiner shared computer" you'll find more.

In the course of that investigation, agents seized a laptop computer Weiner shared with his wife, Huma Abedin, a longtime Clinton aide

Source

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Many of these emails may be duplicates. The Post report includes this: Officials familiar with the inquiry said it was too early to assess the significance of the newly discovered emails. It is possible, they said, that some or all of the correspondence is duplicative of the emails that were already turned over and examined by the FBI. Some or all of them could be duplicates. If so that would dovetail with the notion that the discovered emails do not contain new significance, which, again, Comey repeatedly conceded is a genuine possibility. But we just don’t know. And by the way, the Trump campaign and the Clinton campaigns are both demanding to know more information about what Comey found, as is Judicial Watch, the conservative legal organization that has long pursued the Clintons. So this isn’t a partisan demand.

Low hanging fruit at The Washington Post

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Actually thank you ... I just found a citation to the shared laptop in the Post article I just cited for IAMTAT.

Jesus Christ that was stupid on Huma's part.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

and both were convictions under 793 F. In both cases they accidentally removed classified info.

In Clintons case she intentionally removed it and compounded it by sending it to people without proper clearance on unsecured systems.

I will ask again... How many people were charged under 18 USC 793 (F) who plead guilty?

Further please explain to us how intent has to be a requirement for Clinton to be charged when its not a requirement if someone pleads guilty.

Intent is not a requirement.
people have been charged / convicted under 793 F.
During the hearings with Comey other examples were provided.

finally intent is NOT A REQUIREMENT.
edit on 29-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

An investigation will not be reopened for material already in their possession.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Many of these emails may be duplicates. The Post report includes this: Officials familiar with the inquiry said it was too early to assess the significance of the newly discovered emails. It is possible, they said, that some or all of the correspondence is duplicative of the emails that were already turned over and examined by the FBI. Some or all of them could be duplicates. If so that would dovetail with the notion that the discovered emails do not contain new significance, which, again, Comey repeatedly conceded is a genuine possibility. But we just don’t know. And by the way, the Trump campaign and the Clinton campaigns are both demanding to know more information about what Comey found, as is Judicial Watch, the conservative legal organization that has long pursued the Clintons. So this isn’t a partisan demand.

Low hanging fruit at The Washington Post

Thanks...As I figured.
Appreciate your extra effort, Gryph.

link   
The question of the illegality of Clinton's email server has been discussed, in detail, with laws quoted and analysis, in dozens of other threads. I'm not quite sure why that is starting all over in this thread.

This OP is about the new information found on a device owned by aid Huma Abedin.

Of course the previous discussion is relevant, but it might help if the focus is more on if Huma should have had government related emails, or classified emails, on a personally owned device in her home, which her husband also had access to.
And of course the source of those emails and how they got there from Clinton's illegal private server.

edit on 10/29/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Sole access is an oxymoron in this situation. There isn't a single document in the entire government with 'sole access'. The entire point of classified is a level of access for SHARING documents. If someone had SOLE ACCESS, who UPLOADED the information? If someone had SOLE ACCESS, wouldn't that ONLY be 'their' documents? Even in a Your-Eyes-Only situation, classified information is sent from ONE PARTY(A COMMANDER) to ANOTHER(A SPECIAL OPS).

The answer your second question IT CAN BE HACKED, DUH.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The Russia excuse is not going to fly.

SAP access is top tier and I doubt her aides had security access for that since is compartmentalized info. If Clinton's aides had that info on their personal computers how did they get it or who sent it to them.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Russia excuse is not going to fly.

SAP access is top tier and I doubt her aides had security access for that since is compartmentalized info. If Clinton's aides had that info on their personal computers how did they get it or who sent it to them.

Who gives a flipty fk about Russia? You're the one bringing up who the potential hackers are. I never claimed it was Russia. I'm specifically addressing THE FACT that IT IS KNOWN THE MAJORITY OF INFORMATION WAS HACKED, REGARDLESS OF BY WHO.

You also can doubt all you want about access, as you turn your own stated 'facts' into 'speculation'.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Clinton Rally Livestream. Expected to make comments about investigation

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Abedin-Weiner electronic device was laptop, had tens-of-thousands of emails, source

source
Published October 29, 2016 FoxNews.com
Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print

Now Playing

Huma Abedin and Anthony Weiner split

The electronic device shared by Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin and husband Anthony Weiner on which the FBI found more Clinton emails was a laptop and it contained tens-of-thousands of emails, a senior law enforcement official told Fox News on Saturday.

The FBI announced Friday that it had restarted an investigation into emails Clinton sent on a private server system while secretary of state, as a result of a probe into Abedin’s husband, disgraced New York Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner, “sexting,” of sending sexually-suggestive electronic messages, to a teenage girl.

The law enforcement official told Fox News that the laptop had "five digits" of emails, meaning tens-of-thousands of them. However, federal investigators remain unclear whether Abedin or Weiner own the laptop.

The FBI conducted a roughly two-year investigation into Clinton’s use of a private server system, finding several emails marked as classified and concluded that she had been “extremely careless.” However, the agency did not find evidence that Clinton had been criminally negligent and did not recommend criminal charges to the Justice Department.

People familiar with the case say it was restarted by the FBI because the agency thought the new emails were "pertinent to the investigation.”

The source also told Fox News that law enforcement officials think it's highly unlikely that all of the new-found emails are duplicates, as the Clinton campaign has suggested.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No I never said the word hackers.

I said Clinton gets info her aides cant so how did her aides get the info.

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join