It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe... well,sort of!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Until a few moths ago I simply scoffed at the idea of a NWO, world government or whatever. Now I am starting to believe that, if not the NWO, there's sure some very dark power at work to turn us, the people, into slaves. Maybe a single world government won't come to power, but we are heading that direction, when the few will control the many like puppets at the point of bayonet. The key issue for me was noticing how governments worldwide have started to take a morbid interest in common people's lives. Don't eat that, don't drink that, if you do this you are a racist, if you do that you are a terrorist... it may sound like an-overprotecting mother, but mothers don't use heavily armed police and jails to enforce their dicta. The world citizen nowaday has to stay inside a set behaviour: he must work longer shifts, earn less, never question authority, don't question official history and science, etc. The scary thing is that the behaviour is exactly the same in each country. The good world citizen is little more than the "digestive system" Marxists talked about. What really made me "believe" is seeing how this is achieved. While there are surely instances of hard laws being applied, the most effective methods are very, very subtle. The first one is guilt and regret. It's cheap, fast and works extremely well. People are FORCED into feeling guilty about something or regret another thing, even if they have nothing to do with it. The second one is sample characters: people is offered a choice of set characters that are succesful, well accepted into society and pushed toward imitation. If you look at these people, you'll see they are the perfect puppets, brainwashed slaves or "useful idiots", as Lenin would have called them. The third one is acceptance into society, and is strongly linked to the second point: you need to be accepted by the mass, otherwise you'll be an outcast for life. The fourth one is convincing people that impopular measures are made for their "health" or "the common good": you all know too well what I am talking about, and you know that it's not that hard. And what is the most powerful tool? It's simple: television. Once I only thought that it was a degrading way to spend time, right now I think it's the most powerful tool of propaganda ever invented. If you want evidence, here it is: Rupert Murdoch, the media giant, is the only western "eminence" that enjoys the full favor of the Chinese ruling class. Chinese chairmen and party leaders line up to shake his hand, commend his good work continously, invite him over to dinner: no other westener has ever had these many honours. Need I say more? Television can spread all of this quickly and, when the need arise, dumb down the average public, create consent or dissent, etc... Incredibly scary, when you consider that there's a TV set in every home.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Kakugo]

dh

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kakugo
Until a few moths ago I simply scoffed at the idea of a NWO, world government or whatever. Now I am starting to believe that, if not the NWO, there's sure some very dark power at work to turn us, the people, into slaves. Maybe a single world government won't come to power, but we are heading that direction, when the few will control the many like puppets at the point of bayonet. The key issue for me was noticing how governments worldwide have started to take a morbid interest in common people's lives. Don't eat that, don't drink that, if you do this you are a racist, if you do that you are a terrorist... it may sound like an-overprotecting mother, but mothers don't use heavily armed police and jails to enforce their dicta. The world citizen nowaday has to stay inside a set behaviour..............
[edit on 24-1-2005 by Kakugo]

Great bit of analysis, Kakugo. People often look at the big events out there, but often miss the incessant intrusion into and manipulation of their personal lives and belief systems

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Being "politically correct" and conforming to society is what I think Kakugo is refering to. Society is extremely idiotic at times especially in these dark times. A good example of this would be when you say one thing about an African American person and you are labeled a racist. Another example would be that if you don't agree with homosexuality you are wrong, stupid, and uneducated. Society creates norms and socially acceptable belief systems for the people. Oddly enough most people don't conform to these norms and beliefs and sadly are in the closet about there own beliefs. People should really starting speaking up for their beliefs and now. But as long as we remain in a "politically correct" society we will remain in a society that tries to pass itself off as squekky clean. In the "politically correctt" world everything is suppossed to to be "nice" and "happy" like an episode of the Brady Bunch. The fact of the matter though is that America is corrupt as hell and everything isn't nice and dandy. Basically it is a battle between realists and idealists. Media has made the "politically correct" world what it is today and continues to do so. Sadly many people are being brainwashed to be "politically correct" and being told that their families should be like the Brady Bunch- sickeningly happy to the point where you get disgusted. I have been effected by the "politically correct" world myself because I have a dark humour which in today's society is a big no no.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thanks everybody...it's good to see that someone else took notice.

new topics

top topics

join