It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Pick Between 2 Apartments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I will do that! That is a great idea
ty

Apt 1 is a bit sterile, yet a happy place

Apt 2 has character, and is bigger, but there is a 'shdow' on it I can't describe.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

ty for voting.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
What's the parking situation like? What's it gonna be like getting in and out? How congested is the neighborhood?

The pros and cons of the apartments as described would be tough to choose between.

Think of all the other factors.

The parking situation is great at both. free parking, no limit on spaces, easy entry.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I will do that! That is a great idea
ty

Apt 1 is a bit sterile, yet a happy place

Apt 2 has character, and is bigger, but there is a 'shdow' on it I can't describe.

Yeah, the "shadow" feels like (and I know this sounds woo woo) like a lingering depression, or a strong leftover energy. The irritation of the person who showed you the place, the lack of care on the part of the management -- it makes me think that if you chose that one, you'd need to put down some serious cleansing hoo doo or you might find your energy dropping, your outlook dimming, etc. It's just what I picked up on intuitively, for what its worth. I don't mean to "taint" the result you may have - if you want it go for it - because I could be wrong or it might be fixable with a good dose of positive energy and such.

The "sterility" of the other place can also be seen positively - a blank canvass to paint YOU into.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I have always taken your posts very seriously. I will take this one seriously too.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Space is priceless when you are sharing.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Go where you think you will be more comfortable. I like the sound of the nice people in apartment 1(?).

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't know how long you have to decide, but you could drive around each place kinda late at night. Maybe the peaceful daytime atmosphere of apt 1 becomes a mad house of late night antics?? or apt 2...

And you could always flip a coin, if you are disappointed with the outcome you know your answer.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The 'shadow', in my opinion, is the key.

I'm curious what your roommate feels. I think I would have gone for the charm, as well but, the electric bill could be a little scary. Locally, a person can go to the electric company and they will give you an idea of what past bills have been at a particular location.

Good Luck to you Reldra and keep us updated, okay?

I hope you make the right/best choice for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If you don't mind another "woo woo" opinion - I agree with AboveBoard.
I tend to pay too much attention to the "feel" of a place rather than the... logicalities.

As much as more space would be nice in the long run, it's also important to feel happy and surrounded by nice people. By how you wrote your OP and subsequent answers to the comments of other posters, I can't help but feel that Apartment #1 would be more appropriate and conducive to harmony than Apartment #2.

I also like Tinner07's suggestion of having a peek at the apartments at night to see how things are during that time. - My old home 10 odd years ago... was located on a quiet prim and proper street during the day, but once night hit my neighbours and admittedly myself were rather loud and rambunctious. Had quite a few complaints from people who moved in without researching the area first.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I would take apartment one in a heart beat. Basement apartment? All refitted and new windows (which presumably come with warranties?) lower bills, better for the environment? Come on. You know you want that cosy, under the house feeling! Yes, it may be a bit more than apartment 2, but apartment 2 could cost a bomb to heat and insulate for all you know....

Go on...get underground!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Oh geez! Go with your gut feeling! You know which one! Both are pretty close...you know!

Hey...good luck in your new place. Can we come to your house warming party? There's only over 300,000 ATS members!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Definitely Apt 1. You can create the character.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm with mysterioustranger! How about that Housewarming Party!!

ETA - If you are worried about space, a fun thing to do is to watch some HGTV "Tiny House" episodes (there are a few series out there) about how people use space efficiently and pare down their stuff, etc. Not all of them are good but I like "Tiny House, Big Living." It inspires me to see my own space as quite huge in comparison, even though it is technically a tight space for a family of four (American-wise anyways).
edit on 28-10-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hmm, it`s strange that it`s only 10$ less on electric bill. I understand that apt 2 is bigger but when winter(if you even have winters) strikes, those old windows gonna suck a lot more energy than usual, which can be a big problem if the source of heating is electricity. And if you plan to live there for a while, you can count in renovation. Kitchen and bathroom in the majority of homes are the most expensive areas and decent new windows won`t come cheap either. Having more space is always good though, especially in the long run. It also has a fireplace which probably, at least how I imagine it right now, gives charm to the whole place and could be extremly useful if you forget to pay the bills

Anyway, to me it seems that you want apt 2 more despite having good vibes about apt 1. But somehow I have a feeling that you`ll go for apt 1. Prove me wrong and pick apt 2...lol, I probably shouldn`t have said that.

Well, let`s try for real now. I understand that you have a quick decision to make but take your time and choose wisely. You really need to think this thoroughly. The more info you get the better and easier to decide so do your homework, on and off the record. And if you still, really, can`t make a decision then don`t. Sometimes not making a decision in the heat of a monemt is the best decision you will ever make because when some doors close, others open.

I`m aware how important this is so I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hey AB? I love that show...how much stuff one can fit into a couple hundred square feet is amazing. Im looking into those now and into those backyard sheds you keep lawn equipment in.

The dog n me are kinda outgrowing his doghouse out back that the wife keeps sending me out to....

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Apt 1

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Hey AB? I love that show...how much stuff one can fit into a couple hundred square feet is amazing. Im looking into those now and into those backyard sheds you keep lawn equipment in.

The dog n me are kinda outgrowing his doghouse out back that the wife keeps sending me out to....

Tiny Houses are cool.

The Amish built ones are good, if you are going for a backyard shed/I-was-kicked-out-again shelter/ storage unit. Lol!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Heating is with gas in both and is included. for gas, cooking, water.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
For all the people that said 'apt1' and agreed there was a 'shadow on 'apt 2' they were right.

My long time tenant, when I first met him on I think ICQ or Yahoo messenger in maybe 2001, was livinng in an apartment with his father. My tenant has spina bifida.

His father died at some point not long after I was talking to him on a messenger. I would go to his place to play WII or he would come to my house and we would go on discussion boards. It was a casual friend/dating relationship. The spina bifida wasn't really noticeable.

Almost immediately after his father died, the landlord in the apartment complex he lived in forced him to move into a smaller apartment. Stating that my friend would not be able to afford the 2 bedroom one. He did move. Though he now had his own ssdi and a survivor's benefit form his father, he moved.

At some point, the landlord caused problems. The landlord would make 'surprise inspections' on his and other people's apartments. The landlord would enter apartments when people were not at home. The landlord would then tell tenants, after surprise, unauthorized visits (which are illegal) that their apartment was not clean enough.

Soon after, my friend started renting a room from me. He has been here since about that time until now (minus a small amount of time he went to live with his sister to help around the house as she was having a baby and a short stint in another aartment).

The landlord was there at the second visit to apt#2, and my tenant was with me. He tells me today the guy looked familiar but he couldn't place him. We googled the number. It is the SAME guy from my tenant's apatement complex where he rented with his father.

I immediately left a message with this apt #2 guy, being as upbeat as possible, saying I had chosen apt#1 and I would need my hold deposit back. No call back as of yet. I texted the guy for apt #1 and said I was taking it. he said we would meet Monday to sign a lease.

I really dodged a bulllet there.

Thanks guys! you all were part of my decision

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join