It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hard work pays off, or I'm a stinking snob

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Spent the day traveling. My company recently gained control of some smaller outfits. It is my job (as the kind and jovial face of my company) to visit and play nice. I actually gave raises, no one was fired, and they get new equipment.
I always fly 1st class. I just can't do coach. I'm a big guy.
My hotels? Always nice (just finished dinner, prime rib, a good wine, great service).

It wasn't always like this. I had to work my butt off to get here.

Anyone looking from the outside might look at me as an entitled son-of-a-bitch. I eat fancy, I fly fancy. I stay at nice hotels. (where I am now)

No one can see the decades of work that went into it.

No one can see the sacrifices I and my wife made, to get me here.

Isn't that the way it is, though?

Everyone just looks at the moment. No one looks at the moments that lead up to it.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You think people are looking down to you? Could be. Could also be hate or jealousy because they don't have the same freedoms.

I've been working tooth and nail to get into a career that allows me to at least start to get ahead. I could stay here, or I could keep pressing on hoping for more. No one does or will see that side of it.

The owner of my shop is in here day in/day out. Toiling away on his inventions that have finally started paying off. He goes to expos in Vegas and takes clients out etc etc. No one here questions because they see what he's done. Outsiders however, view him as a snob.

ETA: Your still a stinking snob!

edit on 27-10-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hope you are making a killing because im rocking too, I work hard and Im styling lol....loving it !

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I know. An evil stinking snob.

It just occurred to me though, that anyone looking from the outside might see me as that and not recognize everything that I had to do to get here.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeeyotch
I hope you are making a killing because im rocking too, I work hard and Im styling lol....loving it !

Dammit! There is nothing wrong with enjoying the success of your labors!

You work hard, dammit, play hard!

You work hard and make money, there is no shame in spending it!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The only thing that sucks about making decent money is taxes, I just had to pay 9200 bucks, now that sucks. Im single too so I have to pay more, which sucks BUT I can pick up and go or do whoever or go wherever I want and I don't have to ask, beg or even tell anyone, its so awesome. Whats awesome too is pulling up beside someone with a Hillary sticker , which is rare, in my Lotus or my M3 with my Trump sticker and calling them a red neck.
edit on 27-10-2016 by beeeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Evil? Nah, not from what I've seen.

Do you honestly care what others think? You (and your wife) built your life and you should be proud, provided you weren't...evil about it.

If your looking for attaboys from random strangers I doubt you'll find them. Seeing all the dumb crap people seem to make money off of now a days, you may be the minority. Case in point, I heard today Jim Harbaugh makes 9 mil a year to coach football for a college team. So much wrong with that, but I digress.

From me to you: Attaboy!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

Taxes always suck. To be honest, I'm not sure what I pay. I have an accountant that slowly sucks the life blood of me in monthly installments.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm not looking for atta boys, though tank you
I'm simply making an observation that so often everyone makes blanket judgments on people without knowing the back story.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I'm sure in most instances, we all do it.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Most people that make money drink or snort it up,,,that wont happen here. I may smoke it up ////

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Spent the day traveling. My company recently gained control of some smaller outfits. It is my job (as the kind and jovial face of my company) to visit and play nice. I actually gave raises, no one was fired, and they get new equipment.
I always fly 1st class. I just can't do coach. I'm a big guy.
My hotels? Always nice (just finished dinner, prime rib, a good wine, great service).

It wasn't always like this. I had to work my butt off to get here.

Anyone looking from the outside might look at me as an entitled son-of-a-bitch. I eat fancy, I fly fancy. I stay at nice hotels. (where I am now)

Isn't that the way it is, though?

Everyone just looks at the moment. No one looks at the moments that lead up to it.

Makes it all worth it when you can tip a 100$ on a 100$ meal and not bat an eye. Enjoy it

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I just want to add. . . .

I always fly 1st class, but I don't always sit 1st class.

Any uniformed person I see, I trade seats.

Always have done it, always will.

I may be old and crippled and a vet myself, but I'd like to think we look out for each other.

edit on 27-10-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It's funny because I was having a conversation today with a gentleman at my doctor's office and he freaked out when I told him I was 50 years old and basically retired. It didn't matter to him that I spent 20+ years working in corporate america or that I didn't have two dimes to rub together much of my life.

What are we supposed to do work till we are dead? I am happy for you!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I get labeled with the Liberal getting free stuff insults constantly here on ATS... Never mind my military service, my VA/GI bill education and degrees, My building my businesses while working two jobs for other people to keep my doors open. Now turning my businesses over to my capable employees while I seek a second career.

Free stuff....right.

edit on 27-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thank you sir!

At a Chamber of Commerce meeting a few months ago, I talked the group into adopting elderly people in the community we live in. Just changing light bulbs, helping with chores and errands, it makes a difference.

But to many, I'm an uncaring bastard that lives above others.

We all judge. But there are those that think so highly of themselves that they don't see their own flaws.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have to ask. . . were you in, "A Valley of violence"?

Great movie.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I do. If you are "there", i know what it took to get you there. And if your marriage survived, she is likely the main reason you made it.

Maybe one day Ill be there, too. For now...nope. Im just some dude that keeps thinking he'll see the crest....and just never does.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

I have to ask. . . were you in, "A Valley of violence"?

Great movie.

No, this one though.

www.imdb.com...

I played an old Afghani man.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You'll be riding it before you even recognize you're on it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join