It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Standoff Leaders Acquitted For Malheur Wildlife Refuge Takeover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Ummm...and your avatar actors grew up to start the...Headbanging...craze...

Am I right...?

YouSir

(oh and...EFF...the fed)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It was an open and shut case. That these guys occupied the place with guns was not in dispute, and that was, by itself "against the law." But the defense made a good "Sagebrush Rebellion" case and the jury bought it. The jury was just plain folks (albeit "western") like you and me, and also from an extremely liberal area, greater Portland, OR. and they were able to look at the federal evidence and say screw the fed. And it was unanimous. Put cases like that before the people and there's a good chance the people will side with--the people. Hope it keeps happening. This was a real shot across the bow of Federal overreach.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Not sure what you mean about my avatar actors. I pulled it from a zombie baby search

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

As if they'll learn anything from it ... they'll just get sneakier about it unless Hillary wins.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agree. Quicker and deadlier as to be able to provide their approved narrative.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
So does this mean that the death of LaVoy Finicum should be considered prosecutable negligent homicide by federal and state law enforcement?

That was my first question when hearing about it, too.

This could be a wrongful death suit, right?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
apparently they tazed their lawyer just for good measure though, I guess he made them look bad or something...

Marcus Mumford, the lawyer for the seven standoff members was taken into custody shorty after they were all acquitted...

The Judge allowed all of the refuge occupiers to leave the courtroom except for Ammon and Ryan Bundy.

Both men have federal holds for a separate ranching standoff in Nevada, and when Mumford asked the U.S. Marshals to see their paperwork that gave them authority to keep his clients in custody instead of producing it , they just tackled & tazed him instead..

Marcus Mumford tazed after verdict

edit on 28-10-2016 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tellurian
apparently they tazed their lawyer just for good measure though, I guess he made them look bad or something...

Marcus Mumford, the lawyer for the seven standoff members was taken into custody shorty after they were all acquitted...

The Judge allowed all of the refuge occupiers to leave the courtroom except for Ammon and Ryan Bundy.

Both men have federal holds for a separate ranching standoff in Nevada, and when Mumford asked the U.S. Marshals to see their paperwork that gave them authority to keep his clients in custody instead of producing it , they just tackled & tazed him instead..

Marcus Mumford tazed after verdict

Good lord...

Heck of a lawsuit coming after that... tazing him for challenging their authority... wow...stunned.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't think they are getting off the hook for Nevada, just a gut feeling.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So what do the good folks on ATS that were calling Ammon Bundy a domestic terrorist have to say now?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
So what do the good folks on ATS that were calling Ammon Bundy a domestic terrorist have to say now?

He still is...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

He still is a Domestic Terrorist.

As an example,

Just because I've murdered someone and the jury decided that I should be acquitted, does not mean that I did not murder someone. They've just decided that I shouldn't be held criminally liable.
edit on 28-10-2016 by OldScratch because: Spell Check

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OldScratch

Only one side used guns and murdered someone, who are the domestic terrorists again?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OldScratch

Just because I've murdered someone and the jury decided that I should be acquitted, does not mean that I did not murder someone. They've just decided that I shouldn't be held criminally liable.

Wrong, it makes you not a murderer, the definition of murder is "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another".

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Good lord...

Heck of a lawsuit coming after that... tazing him for challenging their authority... wow...stunned.

I am stund. This proves without a doubt that the authorities in the courtroom who tased this Attorney are the lawless one's.

Their behavior demonstrates they are a bunch of sore losers, very Juvenile if you ask me.

I really hope this attorney sues the pants off of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join