It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

This Election is Not About Trump, It's about a Giant Middle Finger to Washington DC.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The thing I find most appalling is that hey claim to hate everything exemplified by the establishment, but they won't vote against it when they might have the chance.

Then they accuse us of being a bunch of bitter people who won't act.

They might be surprised of things get too much worse. You can't get blood out of a stone, but the current establishment seems to think they can try.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why is supporting someone that the establishment hates. . . a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing.

But Donald Trump is a bad thing... you guys are pouring all your hopes into a used car salesmen that talks the talk but when it will come time to walk the walk, he will happily fall into lock-step with the rest of the corrupt pack running the show.

Trump is not the anti-establishment person you're all hoping he is.

But anyways it doesn't matter, Clinton is out (whew!) and Trumpy-poo is in (eek!).

I'm stocking up on popcorn because watching the orange guy fumble and stumble for the next four years is all the entertainment I'm going to need.

For your sakes though, I really really hope I'm wrong and that Trump surprises all of us and that he doesn't screw it up too badly.

Fingers crossed !

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'll be damned if I ever vote for Trump to be my middle finger to DC!

Well of course YOU wouldn't. The "middle finger" towards DC is to say that people want to be left alone. People simply want the "opportunity" to be successful without being regulated and taxed to death. In other words, the people voting for Trump, by and large, want the OPPORTUNITY for their hard work to culminate in financial success and the stability that success brings for themselves and their family. By and large they believe in helping people out but "receiving help" should not be a substitute for able-bodied people that CAN work and essentially choose not to.

I just left a thread where you wrote

"Man, white people have to suffered a lot these days! Human chains to prevent them from going to class? The outrage!!!

Meanwhile, blacks and Hispanics were targeted the most in unusually high numbers during NYC's stop and frisk era which Trump wants to bring back nation wide but most definitely in any area he considers a ghetto. "

You (seemingly) want to live as a perpetual victim (or want others to). If a person convinces himself that there is no way he can succeed because "other people" then he gets to blame his lot in life on "other people."

So of course YOU wouldn't vote the middle finger against a status quo which promotes victimhood. Victimhood (perhaps) is your Safe Zone.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Man, seriously, I've been reading your posts and noticed the incredible effort you display supporting Hillary.
I honestly can't believe you do all that for free. I wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Ummm...it all comes down to investiture...

The minions of her drunkeness...are thoroughly invested in progressive-ism...
Therefore they eat...breathe...and excrete it...

What that entails is true belief...a fanatical kind of devotion...
They collectively believe that Normal speak...not this antiseptic version spoken on this site...but beer drinking down by the barby speech...is excruciatingly offensive...
They try to reach beyond their natures...to assume some high stature in the eyes of their peers...It's really quite tragic...embarrassing to witness really...
From their self elevation...they preen and scratch each others itch...Never pausing to consider that such nit picking grooming...is simian nature...

Not quite the elevated image...portrayed by the reality of hubris...is it...?

YouSir
edit on 27-10-2016 by YouSir because: I am not quite perfected...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Too many are afraid.

They'd rather have the comforts of a soft tyranny than face individual responsibility.

...but HER tyranny will not be soft.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...it all comes down to investiture...

The minions of her drunkeness...are thoroughly invested in progressive-ism...
Therefore they eat...breathe...and excrete it...

What that entails is true belief...a fanatical kind of devotion...
They collectively believe that Normal speak...not this antiseptic version spoken on this site...but beer drinking down by the barby speech...is excruciatingly offensive...
They try to reach beyond their natures...to assume some high stature in the eyes of their peers...It's really quite tragic...embarrassing to witness really...
From their self elevation...they preen and scratch each others itch...Never pausing to consider that such nit picking grooming...is simian nature...

Not quite the elevated image...portrayed by the reality of hubris...is it...?

YouSir

I'm not sure if this is poor ATS etiquette but I quoted you simply because people should read your post twice.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the presidents mouth is a whore
when theres murder the audience roars
theres no room left here for the strong
and everything humans necessarily wrong

Amnesia..

"excerpt from SWANS-Amnesia"

this is how i see it all.
humanity is basicly scum all around
i sit here and get mentally abused every 30 seconds to 2 minutes by a voice technology that reads my brain
dont you dare say i need medical attention i know its not my brain misfiring on its own
these punks in my head are looking to manipulate to control us all, they are overt with me
the next president is not going to help one iota the people who want real freedom and to see a real america
Amerika now is a disgraceful sham and living on borrowed money and time
your going to need to realize alot more than whether Trump Or hillary is going to keep you alive
its time to stop bickering between left and right and do something more real than open a business
or hide in a hole with tons of crap. Otherwise were all screwed, and those doers on either side accusing eachother
will have nothing left in the end.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

RIGHT! After the Republicans we put in Washington by a landslide in 2010 and 2012 GAVE US THE MIDDLE FINGER, we started looking for a way to give them one. DONALD TRUMP will do what those gutless wonders failed to do!

If Trump loses, I hope Hillary has full control of the House and Senate as well! Am going to start a thread to explore this further in a few days.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's not about hillary or trump, it's about their stances, their policies, their positions, and their morality. So the choice is easy. Look change can be good or bad. Things can worse, better, or stay the same. With Hillary things will stay the same or maybe get a little better or maybe get a little worse. With Trump we will lose everything we value that's decent

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

He may not be, but he is more of a cypher than Clinton is.

Since there is no viable alternative to her aside from Trump and they hate him with a passion, I have no other option at this point.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtoj123
It's not about hillary or trump, it's about their stances, their policies, their positions, and their morality. So the choice is easy. Look change can be good or bad. Things can worse, better, or stay the same. With Hillary things will stay the same or maybe get a little better or maybe get a little worse. With Trump we will lose everything we value that's decent

Do you remember what Bill did with a cigar in the Oval Office ?

You can't get any lower than Bill has.

She led the Bimbo Eruptions Unit. She slimed his victims.

Let's not try to rewrite History.

Clinton and decent should never be used together in a sentence.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

oh come on. no matter how dirty you spin hillary, even if it's true, it pales to the dirtiness of trumpy

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"Not a handful of wealthy families. "

Trump is a member of them. Both he and hillary are descended from British royalty. Descended from John of Gaunt, son of King Edward III.

I prefer him because liberals don't like him and I don't like liberals. But I'm certain that behind closed doors somewhere there are a bunch of very rich very powerful people laughing their butts off at us right now. In between their cackling and gasping for breath probably saying stuff like "they actually fell for it" or "those stupid plebs" or some such.

He's made big promises. We'll see if he delivers on them. I hope he does.

* Just wanted to say that I think Ben Carson was the best candidate. He wasn't from a wealthy family and had the most integrity out of all of them. I listened to his speeches and he is far more articulate than any of the other candidates. Electing him would have been electing a very intelligent man into office, rather than a career rat bastard politician. I don't know why he didn't win the primary.
edit on 10/27/16 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtoj123

oh come on. no matter how dirty you spin hillary, even if it's true, it pales to the dirtiness of trumpy

The OP says nobody likes Trump.

You just think Trump is dirty. We know Hillary is.

You have the right to vote for who you want...for now

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
"Not a handful of wealthy families. "

Trump is a member of them. Both he and hillary are descended from British royalty. Descended from John of Gaunt, son of King Edward III.

I prefer him because liberals don't like him and I don't like liberals. But I'm certain that behind closed doors somewhere there are a bunch of very rich very powerful people laughing their butts off at us right now. In between their cackling and gasping for breath probably saying stuff like "they actually fell for it" or "those stupid plebs" or some such.

He's made big promises. We'll see if he delivers on them. I hope he does.

* Just wanted to say that I think Ben Carson was the best candidate. He wasn't from a wealthy family and had the most integrity out of all of them. I listened to his speeches and he is far more articulate than any of the other candidates. Electing him would have been electing a very intelligent man into office, rather than a career rat bastard politician. I don't know why he didn't win the primary.

We are not very far apart.

Trump does drive liberals absolutely nuts.

Sometimes being deplorable is fun.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

and you will continute to have that right but maybe not if trump and his pal satan win

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If people really wanted to send a message to Washington insiders and powerbrokers, they'd elect 3rd party candidates. It won't change the status quo by sending a Republican to Washington, especially since he'll just appoint other Republicans and conservatives to his staff, Cabinet, and to federal positions.

And why would Bernie supporters vote for Trump over Hillary? Bernie himself has both endorsed Hillary and has campaigned for her. Not to mention, a Trump presidency still wouldn't enact the policies we Bernie Supporters want. You just want our votes. We all know that even if we voted for Trump your side would still reject all of our policy proposals.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oh... well... I totally get the impulse to extend a giant middle finger to D.C. (frankly a guillotine might not be out of the question for a few individuals in our government), but looking at Trump objectively, it's just too obvious he isn't the answer.

For instance, have his past actions been in support of "little" people... ever?

I, and I imagine many others, really, truly want an "outsider" in D.C.... OR an abnormal insider with ethics (there are five or ten I've heard- though of course, my ethics are my own)... but the big T ain't IT.

Never mind his anti p.c. stream of consciousness... I get that even his sort of honesty is strangely refreshing...

never mind the assaults and bigotry, even, as that's just icing on his poo cake.

Never mind the unstable behavior he cannot stop exhibiting, though that's pretty darned important as he will be able to end it all, in theory, but for arguments sake, forget that.

The biggie. for me, is that he's clueless about governing and government is NOT a business... it is there to, ideally, serve its populace.

I simply cannot see him doing good because he doesn't know how to, literally and figuratively.

I can, though, imagine a crony feeding frenzy of graft, along with horrendous gaffs regarding foreign policy and more war... also, I doubt there would be any internal oversight as he doesn't know where the bodies are buried... though a gaudier, gold lame White House would be funny, in that ironic way.

That said, no other candidate is praiseworthy... so I'm going to be unhappy for four years no matter what.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I have voted 3rd party for 30 years.

Never once won an Election.

I can respect a 3rd Party vote.

I want to see a woman President.

Just, one my daughter can be proud of.

edit on 27-10-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join