It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: The moment police realised 'homeless man' was bombing suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry, yahoo's title not mine.

au.news.yahoo.com...

I cannot believe this ahole has been released?? Duuhhh?? WTFrick?

however he has since been released on a $5.2 million bail.

The video at fist seems to capture the seemingly standard conversation between New Jersey police and a homeless man seeking shelter on a rainy day.

The officers were responding to reports that a man was sleeping on the steps of Merdie's Tavern, unaware they were talking to Ahmad Rahimi.

Rahimi is alleged to have injured 31 people when he detonated two bombs in New York and New Jersey last month.

Moments after the conversation began Rahimi opened fire at Linden Police officer Peter Hammer and four other officers who had been called as backup.

No one was killed in the shoot-out which followed, but everyone was injured, including Rahimi.

The fugitive had given police the alias Ahman Khan and said he did not have any identification when pressed by officers.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

it's the most politically correct thing to do...

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You thought the war on terror was actually about terrorism? Its about the friggin money.

Exhibit A, they let dude go on bail.

We got the wrong guy, he's an operative, hush money secured. Released. Now watch, he'll 'disappear'.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Unbelievable. I cannot believe it. There's no possible way anyone's getting bail if they fired on ... let alone wounded ... a cop. This story has to be made up.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That's what I thought:

Earlier this month he pleaded not guilty to the charges from his New Jersey hospital bed, however he has since been released on a $5.2 million bail.

From the OP story.

WTF?!?

Who posted that kind of bail and why was he granted bail in the first place?

AND Why TF is this in an Australian news site and not here?

Oh yeah, that's right, I forget that government operatives get their stories shoved to the back pages and eventually shuffled out of the news cycle all together.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It is quite apparently 'for real.'

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

In that stead guys, its not bail money imo, more like hush money.
edit on 27-10-2016 by intrptr because: added reply

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
more like hush money.

New York City bomber terrorist Ahmad Khan Rahami, a flight risk (his wife is already gone) receives bail. He’s still in the hospital getting treated for gunshot wounds taken during the shootout with police officers at his capture.

Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, was charged late Monday in Union County with five counts of attempted murder of a police officer. He was being held on $5.2 million bail and remained at a hospital. It wasn’t known if Rahami had an attorney, as messages left with phone numbers listed for family members by the Associated Press weren’t returned. Federal charges in the bombings have yet to be filed.

Rahami is a naturalized U.S. citizen who was identified as the primary person of interest in the Saturday night blast in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood, an explosion in New Jersey’s Seaside Park on Saturday morning and a foiled bomb attack Sunday night near a train station in Elizabeth, NJ.
5% is $250,000. That’s a lot of money, but for a determined criminal with rich friends, that’s not impossible money.

Source

edit on 27102016 by Snarl because: Much clearer info on the terrorist.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Umm, I think he's in a NJ state prison right now. That is what the bail is set at. Nobody has posted bail.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

He's not showing up at all in the NJDOC inmate search

Under either spelling "Rahami," or "Rahimi," because it is listed as both in different locations.

Snarl's links show Rahami, this one shows Rahimi:

28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahimi, the suspect behind the pipe bomb on the Jersey Shore and the pressure cooker bombs in Chelsea, was moved Tuesday to the State Prison in Trenton by the New Jersey Deptartment of Corrections.

abc7 - This is the small local station.

He should be listed in there shouldn't he?

Unless they have him booked into a county facility, then you would need to know which county, I suppose?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

yeah he`s in a county jail, they don`t send you to the state system until after you have gone to trial, been found guilty and given a sentence of incarceration. People waiting to go to trial are held in the county jail of the county where the case will be held.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Ahmad Khan Rahimi was transferred to a state facility on Tuesday instead of a county jail for his safety and security, New Jersey Corrections Department spokesman Matt Schuman said. Schuman would not identify the facility.

www.cbsnews.com...

Buck

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I accidentally deleted that part of the comment where I agreed with you on the hush-money CT possibilities.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I accidentally deleted that part of the comment where I agreed with you on the hush-money CT possibilities.

I exceeded my edit window.

Hey folks I was mistaken about hush money. Still... bail was set instead of outright denied.

top topics

join