It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I actually said that I didn't know if you remembered when I agreed to the basis of your statement in the OP. Pointing out examples of your hypocrisy were not appeals of any kind. They stood on their own.

As for proving things to you, no, I have no interest in "proving" anything to you. I don't even know why you ask, the answer to that was already given in the thread.

edit on 3-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I actually said that I didn't know if you remembered when I agreed to the basis of your statement in the OP. Pointing out examples of your hypocrisy were not appeals of any kind. They stood on their own.

As for proving things to you, no, I have no interest in "proving" anything to you. I don't even know why you ask, the answer to that was already given in the thread.

They fell on their own, as well, because they were without merit, irrelevant and fallacious.

Accusations without proof are, by definition, baseless accusations.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
They fell on their own, as well, because they were without merit, irrelevant and fallacious.

You don't even know what was meant by "they stood on their own"?

Your claim has been that they were posted to disprove your statement in the OP. They were not. You can't seem to move past that so I'll just let you spin your wheels in that spot.

The proof has already been given.

You dismissed it and formed the opinion that they are baseless. Others accepted it and formed the opinion that they are valid. What else is there to do?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Wow (again with the WOW!) dude. Really ---
go splash a bit of cold water on your face. Take some seriously deep breaths.....

"Inhale one two three four
hold it one two three four
exhale one two three four
rest one two three four "

Try it.

edit on 11/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

You don't even know what was meant by "they stood on their own"?

Your claim has been that they were posted to disprove your statement in the OP. They were not. You can't seem to move past that so I'll just let you spin your wheels in that spot.

The proof has already been given.

You dismissed it and formed the opinion that they are baseless. Others accepted it and formed the opinion that they are valid. What else is there to do?

I never claimed that they were posted to disprove my statement. That was you who stated that. I stated that it was used to discredit my position, like "look who is talking". Yet another straw-man in a field of them.

Accusations have been given, but zero proof. Others accepted the accusations, but for reasons of groupthink, not valid reasoning. Your own reasoning, for instance, was a red herring, irrelevant, and ad hominum—invalid. This is the second time you have refused to prove any of your accusations.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

go splash a bit of cold water on your face. Take some seriously deep breaths.....

Try it.

Are you having some issues there? My breathing and resting heart rate are astounding. But that's to be expected from people who cannot look past their own feelings.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Actually that is what "Tu quoque" means and you posted it a bunch of times:

Tu quoque (/tuːˈkwoʊkwiː/;[1] Latin for, "you also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).

Only a fool would offer proof to someone who isn't even going to take an honest look at it. Why do you keep asking if you know the answer?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You forgot this part.

It is a fallacy because the moral character or past actions of the opponent are generally irrelevant to the logic of the argument.[3] It is often used as a red herring tactic and is a special case of the ad hominem fallacy, which is a category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of facts about the person presenting or supporting the claim or argument.

Red herring, ad hominem, irrelevant, like I just said.

Not only that, but I wasn't being hypocritical in the first place.

Only a fool would offer proof to someone who isn't even going to take an honest look at it. Why do you keep asking if you know the answer?

...or one who cannot offer proof to begin with.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Red herring, ad hominem, irrelevant, like I just said.

Except that I was questioning your original premise. Put down your dukes and think about that for a second.

Not only that, but I wasn't being hypocritical in the first place.

Cause you say so, right?

...or one who cannot offer proof to begin with.

Still doesn't answer why you keep asking.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Except that I was questioning your original premise. Put down your dukes and think about that for a second.

You weren't. You chose the tiny piece of irony at the end, evidenced by the fact that you avoided all the premises.

Cause you say so, right?

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Still doesn't answer why you keep asking.

Still doesn't answer why you keep making baseless accusations.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You weren't. You chose the tiny piece of irony at the end, evidenced by the fact that you avoided all the premises.

You are still missing the point. Someone called you a hypocrite. That is where I came in. You said show me and I posted that.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Your dismissing it even with evidence given because you are biased. You're human. You can't hide that behind fancy strings of letters.

Still doesn't answer why you keep making baseless accusations.

The answer to that is because that is how I see things.

That doesn't change the fact that I already told you that I'm not going to answer your call for proof so why ask, repeatedly?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm a hater of hate

Hate is useless

I do not like him though. You might think unjustly

Maybe you can start another thread?

Why you always got to be telling people how they should feel?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Try it.

Are you having some issues there? My breathing and resting heart rate are astounding. But that's to be expected from people who cannot look past their own feelings.

I am curious as to what qualifies as "astounding" breathing?

Or was that statement an exercise in ridiculous self-aggrandizement you might have acquired after watching too many Trump rallies on youtube?

"My breathing is the best!" "My breathing is unbelievable!!...Bigly!!"

edit on 3-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm a hater of hate

Hate is useless

I do not like him though. You might think unjustly

Maybe you can start another thread?

Why you always got to be telling people how they should feel?

I wouldn't tell you how to feel, my dear, only that it is irrational.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

12 breaths per minute.

My breathing is the best!" "My breathing is unbelievable!!...Bigly!!

It's "big league", like he's been saying since the beginning of time.
edit on 3-11-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine

I'm sorry, I don't understand the point you're trying to make in relation to my post.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

12 breaths per minute.

I am no doctor, but from what I can find there is nothing "astounding" about taking 12 breaths per minute?

That is in the normal range.

It's "big league", like he's been saying since the beginning of time.

Perhaps "big league" is what he intends to say, but that isn't what his lips pronounce.

Perhaps he might benefit from a speech therapist....someone that might also explain to him that China is not pronounced G -ina?
edit on 3-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You are still missing the point. Someone called you a hypocrite. That is where I came in. You said show me and I posted that.

And you claimed that was hypocrisy, which it isn't.

Your dismissing it even with evidence given because you are biased. You're human. You can't hide that behind fancy strings of letters.

What evidence? Apparently no one knows the definition of hypocrisy. You were closer with "contradiction", but still missed the mark with that flub.

The answer to that is because that is how I see things.

People saw the earth as the center of the universe as well. Look how well that turned out.

That doesn't change the fact that I already told you that I'm not going to answer your call for proof so why ask, repeatedly?

Because you keep making baseless accusations.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hypocrisy: Off-topic

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
originally posted by: Indigo5

I am no doctor, but from what I can find there is nothing "astounding" about taking 12 breaths per minute?

That is in the normal range.

Appreciate the correction. Either way, it was in response to someone implying I was hyperventilating. Thanks for corroborating.

Perhaps he might benefit from a speech therapist....someone that might also explain to him that China is not pronounced G -ina?

Or someone needs a hearing aid.
edit on 3-11-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join