It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Why does she get a pass on her insult to the millions of deplorables, lots more then 282 people.

Because MBTM fears Trump and it is inconvenient to acknowledge the 800 lb gorilla crapping in the corner while one rails against the discrete tightly coiled pile the housecat left inches from the catbox.

+13 more 
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

People are afraid. They have had the establishment for so long that it has become a security blanket to them.

The thought of being without their blanky terrifies some people.

Fear?

I know what fear is from my military experience. This ain't it! Annoyance perhaps, not fear.

For Hillary supporters it is all about fear, as you said your not a Hillary supporter so you can't speak of their feelings of fear.

Since when did you get the authority to tell me what I can speak to, about or address. You're not my CO. Mod wannabees make me want to puke.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

I get a kick out of people who display their hatred of Donald Trump—name-calling, dehumanization, body shaming, Hitler comparisons, threats of violence, the burning of effigies, and other insults—not only because it is without warrant, but also because it is a sign of the most rapacious group-think and propaganda.

I wonder if Trump has personally done anything to these people. The answer is almost certainly a “no”. They have never met the man, never talked to him, and thus, their hatred is not derived from any personal experience. One might expect that people would withhold judgement until they themselves had access to all the information, but that is asking too much for those emotionally invested in party and politics, as all the information seems to be the last of their concerns.

Margaret Hamilton, who played one of the greatest villains as the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz, struck fear into children even when off-screen, without costume, and in person. Hamilton’s own fear of what the famous witch might do to her reputation was realized. Instead of mirth, the children were left in fits of terror. “Why were you so mean to Dorothy?” children were prone to ask. The irony was, that in every day life, Margaret Hamilton was a warm and lovely woman, and a life-long advocate for children.

In a similar way, Donald Trump has spent his entire campaign advocating for Americans. But “Why are you so mean to Mexicans? Why are you so mean to women? Why are so mean to Muslims?” children are prone to ask. Without any mention, consideration, or even acceptance of any evidence to the contrary, we find that whatever portrayal is given on screen has filled in the blanks of even the most scrupulous among us.

According to the conservative Media Research Center, 91% of all media coverage was hostile to Donald Trump. Given the lack of experiential information in the average citizen, in combination with the coverage hitherto delivered by the media, I think it is safe to conclude that the hatred, fear and the resultant dogma (and in some cases, the nightmares of children), was derived from a one-sided screen portrayal, and not from any reasonable consideration of any real individual.

The old platitude “there are two sides to every story” is a necessary truism, but it hardly applies when the emotions overrides reason. Indeed, Trump has said some things that might offend those susceptible to their emotions, and we’ve seen these statements, as quote-mined and misrepresented as the were, repeated and recapitulated by the bleating voice of an equally offended and overly payed pundit, whom has no doubt framed them in the way of his choosing. But we were never given statements nor behaviours that express the exact opposite. This is not only the suppression of counter evidence, but is fallacious card-stacking par excellence.

Don’t you wonder why they are doing this, or worse, why you are inured to it? Because upon looking, listening, and accepting both sides of the story, every media narrative in regards to Trump is falsified given sufficient evidence.

He never pays taxes, he is a misogynist, he hates Mexicans, he hates Muslims, he hates immigrants, he is “unpresidential”, he is “literally Hitler”, he is a bad businessman, he is a nuclear threat, he is a sexual predator, he cares only about himself—none of it stands up to scrutiny, none of it beyond the standard of a reasonable doubt, and all of it generated by piss-poor journalism, and adhered to by the most obsequious followers, all of whom are the ones deserving of our ire.

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

When you can't debate issues, you have to go to the politics of personal destruction. It is far too easy for the left to throw out the racist card, war on women card, war on immigrant card, he hates poor people, etc. Too many sheeple buy this tripe up because they can only think emotionally.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

HAHAHAH......GASP...HAHAHAHAH

Really man?????? His whole campaign and his supporters engage in the same thing! His whole campaign has been based on this!

282 people and things Trump insulted

Come ON ......

Why does she get a pass on her insult to the millions of deplorables, lots more then 282 people.

Who is SHE? This thread is about Trump

I know its hard for you guys but lets try not to deflect here.......stay with me.....

2 candidates are in a competition.
You may just hear some comparisons.

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

You are a fool to think he will expose anything especially considering he is hiding many things himself. Trump is about as transparent as a brick wall and that will carry over into the white house.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Okay bud I get it you are mad that your guy didn't get the nod but stop acting like Hillary is not worse then Trump when it comes to this election and if you are going to say Trump said this many things well guess what, I'm going to bring up what Hillary says about a larger group of people than Donald did.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: Zarniwoop

You are a fool to think he will expose anything especially considering he is hiding many things himself. Trump is about as transparent as a brick wall and that will carry over into the white house.

So will the appointees, that is the REAL danger. Not the two mouthpieces.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Really man?????? His whole campaign and his supporters engage in the same thing! His whole campaign has been based on this!

Come ON ......and the above is JUST TWITTER......

Not counting what hes said on his campaign trail speeches and in the debates

I forgot that twitter and tweets has become a moral barometer for some.

Either way, that's quite the appeal to hypocrisy. My point isn't that Donald Trump speaks in ways puritans do not approve of—it is obvious that he does—but that the majority of criticism and indignation is based on group-think and propaganda.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

People are afraid. They have had the establishment for so long that it has become a security blanket to them.

The thought of being without their blanky terrifies some people.

Fear?

I know what fear is from my military experience. This ain't it! Annoyance perhaps, not fear.

For Hillary supporters it is all about fear, as you said your not a Hillary supporter so you can't speak of their feelings of fear.

Since when did you get the authority to tell me what I can speak to, about or address. You're not my CO. Mod wannabees make me want to puke.

Really???? That's what you got out of my reply, wow God help us the left has gone full retard.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I get such a kick out of those of you whom are apparently far too young to remember the last 30+ years of Donald Trump in the spotlight.

It's such a shame you've only been introduced to the guy these last couple of years... you've missed out on decades of fun, laughter, taunting, and shenanigans about "The Donald".

You've never been introduced to the guy either. Not once.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

HAHAHAH......GASP...HAHAHAHAH

Come ON ......

Who is SHE? This thread is about Trump

I know its hard for you guys but lets try not to deflect here.......stay with me.....

2 candidates are in a competition.
You may just hear some comparisons.

Its more the issue that ANY time Trump comes up and addressing his behavior or what hes said and done, IMMEDIATELY its "But Hillary"

His Supporters give him a pass on literally everything, and make every excuse in the book, and try to divert it to Hillary, its a tactic thats used to not actually address the topic.....

And its CONSTANT

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Okay bud I get it you are mad that your guy didn't get the nod but stop acting like Hillary is not worse then Trump when it comes to this election and if you are going to say Trump said this many things well guess what, I'm going to bring up what Hillary says about a larger group of people than Donald did.

I think the only reason that Trump doesnt have blood on his hands is because hes never been in a position of power to do so....

THATS the problem........

Im not voting for either of them

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Either way, that's quite the appeal to hypocrisy. My point isn't that Donald Trump speaks in ways puritans do not approve of—it is obvious that he does—but that the majority of criticism and indignation is based on group-think and propaganda.

You know thats not true at all......And I hardly call videos of him saying the things people get up in arms about, or advocating for the things people are upset about IN HIS OWN WORDS.......is group think or propaganda......

The group think IMHO is the gigantic movement to deny he has ever said or done any of these things, or to divert to Hillary instead of dealing with the actual issue

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Personally I see this election and the candidates like this:

We're constipated. The US political situation, the mainstream media and the future of the US is that way. And as we wait, it's not getting any better.

Anyone that has been constipated will attest to this.

So we have two choices we are being given here (even though there are many other candidates).

You have Hillary - She's the Imodium AD. Easy to swallow (for some I guess who can over look her criminal past). She's establishment. Keep the status quo (IE nothing getting better, things only getting worse). Certainly will go down easy, those pretty little pills, all dressed up nicely by the media.....and will pretty much keep the constipation just like it is.

You have Trump - He's the enema. Not appealing. Not pretty. Certainly not something that everyone would want to go through. Certainly not dressed up by the MSM, and certainly something that too many think we can avoid. But he's not establishment. He proved that by coming out swinging that so many here are complaining about. Would you have paid attention to him if he'd come out talking just like all the other GOP politicians? No. No none of you would have. You all certainly have noticed by now though.

And at the end of the day, that enema is going to make a huge difference.

Ugly choices to be sure. But I think too many Americans are tired of having a government that is full of snip, and are ready for that treatment that will work.

But by all means, if you want us to stay constipated......vote establishment.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I do not mean you personally. I meant to be general.

The group think IMHO is the gigantic movement to deny he has ever said or done any of these things, or to divert to Hillary instead of dealing with the actual issue

He has said plenty of things, but most of it is missing from consideration. He has been speaking non-stop for over a year, sometimes two rallies a day, interviews. Can you remember anything he has said besides what the media has shown you? As I said, the contrary evidence is suppressed and the evidence is card-stacked.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Come ON ......and the above is JUST TWITTER......

Not counting what hes said on his campaign trail speeches and in the debates

I forgot that twitter and tweets has become a moral barometer for some.

Maybe you're right, or not. We're measuring the waters. What do they say? They say don't vote for Trump. Everything is off. That's bad water. It may not meet your high standards. You're treating this like it's a hard science. It's not. We're people and we judge each other all the time on outside appearances and first impressions. Empirical evidences are for scientists and we respect that. Hell, if you want to only rely on empirical evidences, go ahead. For myself, I can't know everything and I can't have an empirical conclusion. I do my best. I hope whoever gets elected is the best candidate. (I'm with Hillary.)

EDIT: I'll let pass Trump might be exactly what we need. And maybe the media stories about him are untrue or maybe these flaws don't matter in the large scheme of things. But I'm not betting on it.
edit on 10/27/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Hate" is overstating. I don't now, nor have I ever, hated Donald Trump. I've always considered him Manhattan's "local color", and admired his wheeling and dealing in the business world.

I have learned a great many things about him in the last few months, and I have come to have no respect for him. I honestly think underneath all that money he claims to have (I guess we'll never know for sure), is he very unrefined, gruff, crass, overreacts, hysterical at the core, and has no place in the white house.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I hear you there and it's annoying. But she has the massive political scandal experience.

So, quit trying to be nice, this is the mudpit

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
The best part....they have been saying this for over a year and he is still here.

the republican party caved in to this guy, and got stuck...that's why he is still here

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Maybe you're right. We're measuring the waters. What do they say? They say don't vote for Trump. Everything is off. That's bad water. It may not meet your high standards. You're treating this like it's a hard science. It's not. We're people and we judge each other all the time on outside appearances and first impressions. Empirical evidences are for scientists and we respect that. Hell, if you want to only rely on empirical evidences, go ahead. I can't know everything and I can't have an empirical conclusion. In the end, I vote on how the waters measure up.

When it comes to the demonization of an individual, the defamation of one's character, considering anything less than both sides is an injustice.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join