It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: UKTruth

I know you do, Sweetie. Don't get your hopes up. Not happening. I plan to hang around long enough to watch you grow up and eat a uuuge plate of crow.

Haha, lol
I'm sure.

I'm just pulling your leg.

link   
The unjustified hatred toward Trump is good ole MSM brain washing. People are being sheep and filing in line behind the other sheep.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Don’t you wonder why they are doing this, or worse, why you are inured to it? Because upon looking, listening, and accepting both sides of the story, every media narrative in regards to Trump is falsified given sufficient evidence. "

You answered your own question with this one. I'm inured to it because its all BS.

The hatred vented at Trump is as much, if not more, hatred for Trump supporters and everything they stand for and their very existence in the US. There's a great article at Salon that pretty much sums up the "anti-Trump"/"anti-Trump supporters" attitude. www.salon.com...

Since we apparently can't "quote" from articles, although others do all the time, you'll have to read it for yourself. In summation the author says that rather than welcome Trump supporters back into the fold of civil society after HRC is inaugurated, they should be ostracized and marginalized out of the public square altogether. And he suggests that, without coming out and openly advocating it, but implies it in his article and in the title.

Here's the reason as he puts it: Trump supporters are, as he evidences by reference to polls, motivated by racism, bigotry, nativism, ethnocentrism, and sexism. In an "America" that, in his words, is becoming more diverse and cosmopolitan, Trump supporters have no place.

And therein lies the crux of all the hatred for Trump and his supporters. Trumps opponents no longer want to live in an America with Trumps supporters in it. I suspect the opposite is true as well.

That being the case.................where do we go from here?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

To the concentration camps, which is what Liberal Fascists (i.e. progressives) have wanted all along. That is who they are. The brownshirt tactics say it all.
There is no bridging this divide. Hang on to your hat.

edit on 28/10/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Your hypocritical stance.

If you can show me where I'm being hypocritical, that would help.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: TrueBrit

A self-proclaimed “man of good sense” who discounts people’s experiences because of how much wealth they have is no different than a man discounting others for how little wealth they have.

Actually, it is quite different, when taken in context. If the entire nation was full of people who are in Trumps heady circumstances, then I would be absolutely wrong. If the poorest person in the country only had one billion dollars, rather than several, then this would be an entirely different issue, but that is not the case.

Like how Trump has no idea how it is to live the lives of the poor, you have no idea how it is to live the life of Trump, yet here you are dismissing his experience, his life, his life’s work, on the very same silly standards you yourself are holding to him. Your “good sense” is eclipsed by your hypocrisy, and reeks of envy.

No, you are absolutely right, I have no idea what it is to live the life of Trump. I have to do my own dishes, wash my own clothes, clean my own home, pay rent, bills, hold off doing things to improve my life for decades at a stretch, and always have a bag packed in case I have to live on the streets again soon. But the point is that most Americans have problems like mine, not problems like Trumps.

Now, I am not saying that his life is worth less than someone of more humble upbringing and lifestyle. That is an important point to make right off the bat. He is a human being, and his experience of life is valuable for that reason alone.

However, his specific experience does not prepare him to look to the interests of people with whom he has no common interests or concerns. His life has not prepared him to deal with a nation, the majority of whom have no idea what it is like not to worry about heat, light, connection to the web, a roof over their head more than anything. He would be presiding over a nation of people who are deathly afraid of losing their homes, their jobs, their mortgages changing rate, their rent going up, their substandard accomodations being demolished, the car they LIVE in being repossessed, a nation which still contains tent cities.

The man has not the tools for this. He does not know how to motivate a psychologically damaged person, who worked all their adult life only to be screwed when the housing bubble burst. He does not know how to comfort the widows of wars for oil, or how to prevent them happening again. He does not know how important it is that healthcare cease being a private affair, and become a public utility, free at point of issue, and paid for by taxation, the only way to prevent people dying because they are too poor to pay the bill. He lacks experience of life RELEVANT TO THE LIVES OF THOSE OVER WHOM HE WILL WIELD POWER.

He does not lack experience in general, but he lacks relevant experience. In a land exclusively or even mostly populated by the rich, he would make a fine commander in chief. But in a nation which contains a struggling middle class and a burgeoning number of working poor and destitute people, he has no tools to help them with, no ideas that benefit them in immediate and useful fashion. He will starve good people to death, as the last few administrations have. He will allow more people to move into tents, rather than bail them out. He will do these things, because he does not understand or care for these people, because he is exactly like those who have come before him in every important regard. He is not for the people. He is for Trump.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If you can show me where I'm being hypocritical, that would help.

Been pointed out to you before. You ignore or dismiss it.

What's the point?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

To the concentration camps, which is what Liberal Fascists (i.e. progressives) have wanted all along. That is who they are. The brownshirt tactics say it all.
There is no bridging this divide. Hang on to your hat.

Concentration camps?

Well, you've outdone yourself this time. What a complete load of crap.

Liberals don't want to put people is camps.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There's no bridging this gap............that's quite correct. In fact, the election of Obama and Hilary has made it all only worse.

Concentration camps?

Mmmm, no.......but maybe the welfare lines. What I'm watching is California because its been a good predictor of what happens to the rest of the country. What I'm watching for is the development of a trend along the lines of the one-party state; and California is rapidly becoming just that. Then the question to ask is, to what extent can a person, not supporter of the Democrat party, even get a job in California? Prospective employers routinely check applicants facebook accounts...............I'd rather guess we'll see Trump supporters having a very difficult time getting jobs there.

And as goes Cali, goes the USA.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's very ugly, but also par for the course in a world with a growing authoritarian political correctness and a serious disease of relativism. It's all emotion, because emotion is all that's left.

That's to be expected with a media that will not discuss policy, resorting only to pure sensationalism.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Been pointed out to you before. You ignore or dismiss it.

I may have. Care to help?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You're correct, and I suspect that in many ways, this may be this societies crossing of the Rubicon; there may be no path back.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's been pointed out several times in this tread alone, but you're incapable of seeing things from anyone else's viewpoint, if it doesn't align with your own.

You OP is full of whine because poor little Donny is being treated unfairly by the media and now people are saying mean things about him!

Waaa!

And then you have the nerve to say that I'm too sensitive for calling out Trump's ostentatious display of vulgar wealth, gold toilets, etc., and the unrealistic claim that Trump cares about and will represent the average middle American.

Trump's critics are not afraid or unjustified in their anti-Trump championship. Their opinions are not unjustified, they're based on Trumps own words and actions.

edit on 28-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I may have. Care to help?

Ok, one more shot.

In this very OP you say the hate towards Trump is unjustified (per the title) because:

They have never met the man, never talked to him, and thus, their hatred is not derived from any personal experience.

then wrap up with:

all of whom are the ones deserving of our ire.

Being that they are people that you have probably never met, your ire would be unjustified still, you feel comfortable expressing your ire and believe that other's are justified in feeling the same.

That is hypocrisy.

edit on 28-10-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

However, his specific experience does not prepare him to look to the interests of people with whom he has no common interests or concerns.

But that is exactly what he has been doing his entire campaign. Trump has talked and listened to everyone who has had concerns, and he has been everywhere he was invited.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

You realize the hatred of Donald Trump is of Donald Trump's own making, right? This is politics, nothing is by accident. He didn't have to retweet memes from stormfront, he didn't have to make vague statements that he knew people would ascribe their own meaning to.

He knew exactly what he was doing, and by buying into the right wing media spin of poor victimized Trump you're doing the exact thing you admonish the left for continuously.

That's untrue. As I stated in the OP, you are deriving your conclusions while suppressing evidence to the contrary of your assumptions. Give us all the evidence for your claim, not just the evidence that might support it. Give it a shot and see if you end up with the same caricature.

It's completely true. You don't want to admit to seeing it because you're doing the exact same thing you're admonishing me for in your comment. Think about that.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's to be expected with a media that will not discuss policy, resorting only to pure sensationalism.

What? Donald Trump is covered extensively 24/7 by the media. It's Trump that is more interested in self aggrandizing sensationalism and insulting portions of the electorate, than discussing real policy. His cult building efforts have been brilliant however, even effete intellectual snobs get taken in.

edit on 28-10-2016 by olaru12 because: ^%^RG$EJ

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Actually it's a rage vote, and WE ARE existentially LIVING in how not to do things ,so we see what happens when we throw a businessman at a world of lawyers.
HOPE plan "B" never comes to fruition ,but THERE IS talk amongst the predators here.
WE want our country BACK or else,and I am NOT talking about Obama or Clinton,THIS is more "To whom it may concern."

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

WE want our country BACK or else,and I am NOT talking about Obama or Clinton,THIS is more "To whom it may concern."

Or else what?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Actually it's a rage vote, and WE ARE existentially LIVING in how not to do things ,so we see what happens when we throw a businessman at a world of lawyers.
HOPE plan "B" never comes to fruition ,but THERE IS talk amongst the predators here.

Threats on the internet ring hollow. We know what you are saying. Why even bother to try and disguise your call to arms?
edit on 28-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join