It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
it's hard to take the op seriously when you take a gander at trumps tweets.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Why the Trump hate?

He campaigns on a ticket which appears to aim itself at working people, yet has never done a days honest work in his life. He appeals to the people who are working three jobs and getting nowhere, but he started his "working" life with a cool million dollars from his father. He never pulled the late shift at a burger joint, never stacked shelves in a Walmart, or had to deal with customers face to face from a powerless position of servitude, like pretty much anyone with any gumption, like the majority of his most fevered advocates.

Furthermore, he makes much of his fortune, but the man has failed so horrifically and thoroughly, that his fortunes size does not give any indication of the level of personal debt he has accrued over the course of his life. People make much of the fact that he has overcome those things, and one COULD be forgiven for believing that drivel. But the reality is that HE has not made these things possible, his accountant has. You show me his accountant, and I will show you a man who knows his business. Trump however, does not. So his claim of being a capable businessman is rather more about him being lucky to have such a great accountant.

And then you have his politics. Let me tell you something, if you respect Reagan, for all that he was about as honest as a pickpocket in a trouser shop, you cannot possibly support Trump, because Trump wants to put walls between people, rather than take them down, which does not fit into any decent model of society at all!

He is also a hypocrite. He makes products abroad, that he could afford to make in the US. There is no reason for that, other than the fact that he would rather make bigger profits, than live by his principles. That does not say "Morally sound" to me. That says "You cannot trust a damn word this man says".

I could go on, but let's face it, it does not matter what I say, or how reasonable a persons arguments against his candidacy might be, because those who are following this man are not following him because they have done their research, learned all they can about him, good and bad, and made a choice based on their ethics, morality, and their needs and those of their fellow man. They are following him because they have been lead by the least of their instincts, the least noble of their thoughts and feelings, and there is nothing that can be done about that, save to watch what happens next, record it, and hold it up to show the future how not to do things.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's a pretty short life to go around hating boorish billionaires.

It's one thing to point the epitome of entitled, boorish billionaire old white men, who thinks their money defines their character. It's quite another to want to promote and tout the election of such an out of touch oaf to the highest office of the land, based on lying, bloviating and empty promises.
edit on 28-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Attitudes to women? Some women (and men) deserve to be taken down a peg or two and if they are unable to take a punch, should not partake in hurling insults. Your lie here is to spread the propaganda that when he insults a person who happens to be female then he is addressing all women. It's nonsense and exactly the kind of media parroting that is being referred to. He has insulted men too. Why the special category of 'attitude towards women'?

Waterboarding - a policy issue for dealing with terrorists that I can understand the outrage on. Fair point. I disagree with your view as I think all terrorists should lose human rights and all forms of torture should be acceptable, however I get why some find it awful.

Ted Cruz - the 'father' story was replayed by Trump as a question and something that was odd on Fox & Friends. There is no evidence that he was behind the story. I think he was stupid to raise it. Not much of a reason for hate though.

These are insignificant issues compared to others we have seen with other candidates through the election process.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It's a pretty short life to go around hating boorish billionaires.

It's one thing to point the epitome of entitled, boorish billionaire old white men, who thinks their money defines their character. It's quite another to want to promote and tout the election of such an out of touch oaf to the highest office of the land, based on lying, bloviating and empty promises.

If you think Trump is lying and is offering empty promises then that is up to you and is your right. That neither justifies or explains the vitriol, hatred, lies and propaganda thrown his way.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Nazi analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazism or Hitler approaches.

mmhmm

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Why the Trump hate?

He campaigns on a ticket which appears to aim itself at working people, yet has never done a days honest work in his life. He appeals to the people who are working three jobs and getting nowhere, but he started his "working" life with a cool million dollars from his father. He never pulled the late shift at a burger joint, never stacked shelves in a Walmart, or had to deal with customers face to face from a powerless position of servitude, like pretty much anyone with any gumption, like the majority of his most fevered advocates.

Furthermore, he makes much of his fortune, but the man has failed so horrifically and thoroughly, that his fortunes size does not give any indication of the level of personal debt he has accrued over the course of his life. People make much of the fact that he has overcome those things, and one COULD be forgiven for believing that drivel. But the reality is that HE has not made these things possible, his accountant has. You show me his accountant, and I will show you a man who knows his business. Trump however, does not. So his claim of being a capable businessman is rather more about him being lucky to have such a great accountant.

And then you have his politics. Let me tell you something, if you respect Reagan, for all that he was about as honest as a pickpocket in a trouser shop, you cannot possibly support Trump, because Trump wants to put walls between people, rather than take them down, which does not fit into any decent model of society at all!

He is also a hypocrite. He makes products abroad, that he could afford to make in the US. There is no reason for that, other than the fact that he would rather make bigger profits, than live by his principles. That does not say "Morally sound" to me. That says "You cannot trust a damn word this man says".

I could go on, but let's face it, it does not matter what I say, or how reasonable a persons arguments against his candidacy might be, because those who are following this man are not following him because they have done their research, learned all they can about him, good and bad, and made a choice based on their ethics, morality, and their needs and those of their fellow man. They are following him because they have been lead by the least of their instincts, the least noble of their thoughts and feelings, and there is nothing that can be done about that, save to watch what happens next, record it, and hold it up to show the future how not to do things.

This sounds to start with that you don't like the man because he is rich and successful and believe somehow that disqualifies him from caring about other people. There are many stories about Trump and his empathy for the people who work for him. Most I have heard from happen to like him.

Your claim that his accountant is the man who made him is laughable. Unless you are telling me you have intimate knowledge of his finances and deals through his life then what you wrote sounds ridiculous.

Politics and especially border security is a matter of opinion - but characterising it 'putting walls between people' as a general stance on human interaction (as you are doing) is parroting Hillary Clinton and has nothing to do with the policy of border control and the wall.

I tend to agree he is hypocritical on the basis he has made his money by utilising laws and resources that he now says are bad for the country. His priority has clearly been his business his whole life, so maximising profit within the bounds of the law would seem like a sensible thing to do.

Your last paragraph is quite a stretch. Reaching to generalise and belittle all his supporters. Says more about you.
edit on 28/10/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That neither justifies or explains the vitriol, hatred, lies and propaganda thrown his way.

Well, I disagree with that statement. Can you list some of the lies about the Don, that have been thrown around in this thread?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That neither justifies or explains the vitriol, hatred, lies and propaganda thrown his way.

Well, I disagree with that statement. Can you list some of the lies about the Don, that have been thrown around in this thread?

Go back to the OP and read it. We're not discussing the replies in this thread, we are discussing the premise of the OP.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Right. So everyone that doesn't like Trump is an ignorant liar, and only those who agree with Trump are honest and intelligent.

That tells you "conclusively" what your beliefs require for confirmation? LOL ... imagine that.

Sometimes I wonder if the same person posts on your account all the time. There's like at least two and maybe three different "personae" in our interactions.

One of you is reasonable but opinionated, one of you is a ham-handed nincompoop, the other is a blind believing acolyte of the cult of Trump.

If these are all sides of the same person, I do apologize.

Not everyone. There are people who don't like Trump who articulate why and base it upon more than media propaganda. These things tend to be based on policy issues.

There are others that spit vitriol and parrot lies and exaggerations.

You can always tell which is which. The latter tend to work themselves up into insulting him based on his appearance (like orange whatever) or unfounded accusations. Those people are a joke and should be ashamed of themselves.

This would have more credibility if you had the same exceptions to those who do the exact same things to Hillary Clinton. As you pointedly do not, it is very hard to put much stock in what you're saying here.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: jjkenobi
And the OP could have added the cherry on the top of an already very delicious post - this is the same group (Libs) that is *supposedly* against all the things they are doing and saying and throwing at Trump. The party of acceptance and tolerance and love does the exact opposite to anyone (even their own) who doesn't think and behave and act EXACTLY like they do. I do believe that is the opposite of acceptance and tolerance.

Nicely done.

what a bunch of clap trap... good god!

I think Kenobi has liberals confused with Hare Krishnas ... or perhaps The Care Bears. As it is it's just a sniping comment directed at nothing except fluffing the OP.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

I put it in he mud-pit because it attracts the flies.

Oh, come now LM, don't sell your own abilities short! I don't think it's the Pit that's attracting the flies, I'd say it's the rich fecal effluvia of your writing.

Deriving my motives from a phrase of Orwell's. You'd make a good detective. But even that kind of guesswork is beyond my rhetorical conceit. What other guesses do you state as fact?

Well, as this is the only thing you chose to respond to, I'd hazard my guess strikes close to the mark. As to what else I guess about, well, that's a long list ... frustrated academics with delusions of grandeur, pompous semanticists that can't even maintain the integrty of their own arguments... you know, basic stuff.

You haters and your violent thralls have dipped below a line of human decency that has not been seen since less democratic times. There is no escape from that.

So now I'm a hater and a violent thrall? Oh my. You seem to be reacting to mere words again, LM. You just can't get your mind right on that point, can you? And such rich projection as well ... coupled with fabrication out of whole cloth.

I really must have irritated with that last comment, eh? LOL.

Keep on pumping out the rank feculence LM. Anything else would be a disappointment....

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ah...Les..

I'd appreciate your OP more if you thought up new material.

I do not "hate" Trump...I do judge him on his words and speeches and he has provided more insight into his character over the past 40 years of craving the camera's than almost any other candidate in history.

And this???

The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

I wonder if Trump has personally done anything to these people. The answer is almost certainly a “no”. They have never met the man, never talked to him, and thus, their hatred is not derived from any personal experience.

How strange that you seek to make any conclusions about someone's character or mental fitness etc. contingent on personally meeting them.

Would that not make electing Presidents a tad difficult? The requirement we meet personally before concluding anything?

All we know of Trump is what Trump shares in interviews, speeches and print...and he has shared an unprecedented amount with us in those forms...and for the express purpose so that we could reach conclusions.

This kind of desperate defense...don't judge him by what he says or does..don't judge him by his words, speeches or interviews...don't judge him at all unless you have met him???

That is what being a Trump supporter has left you with in your arsenal?

You haven't met him...so all conclusions are invalid?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So, you can't really list the lies that people in this thread, who the OP has directly addressed, are parroting and believing.

Because, the real truth is, all the things that make folks distrust, dislike and even campaign against Trump, one way or another, are actually justified by Trumps own words and actions.

edit on 28-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Ted Cruz - the 'father' story was replayed by Trump as a question and something that was odd on Fox & Friends. There is no evidence that he was behind the story. I think he was stupid to raise it. Not much of a reason for hate though.

Not a lie.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has suggested that Rafael Cruz, his chief opponent's father, was connected to the man who killed President John F Kennedy.

"His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous," Mr Trump said on Tuesday.
"I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?"http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36195317

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So, you can't really list the lies that people in this thread, who the OP has directly addressed, are parroting and believing.

Because, the real truth is, all the things that make folks distrust, dislike and even campaign against Trump, one way or another, are actually justified by Trumps own words and actions.

The OP is not talking particularly about the people in this thread. Again, go and read the OP.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I read the OP. It was addressed to the ATS community, a community that is completely absorbed in parroting MSN headlines, on both sides.

It is a reflection of the OPs opinion of his ATS foes and his frustration with the media onslaught feeding into their arguments.

Sad. Really sad.

No amount of weaving and wandering through the OP's flowery word origami takes away from Trump's actual words and actions and their affect of the election process.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Not a lie.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has suggested that Rafael Cruz, his chief opponent's father, was connected to the man who killed President John F Kennedy.

"His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous," Mr Trump said on Tuesday.
"I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?"http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36195317

Here is an example of one of the many lies told about this story:

Politico headline 05/03/16 : Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin

Can you point out anywhere that Trump accused Cruz's father of helping Oswald?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I have no problem with those who have started at the bottom, and worked their way up, earning their way to the top. I have no problem with those who have done so while paying all their taxes, meeting all their commitments to their customers and creditors, and who do not create legions of devastated investors, crumbling facades of failed businesses in their wake. I have no problem with people who have been successful.

I do have problems with people who get there by way of mooching their first million, and conning others out of the money THEY earned, by making false promises, by inflating the worth of their own portfolio and by engaging in practices generally that I would deem immoral.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I read the OP. It was addressed to the ATS community, a community that is completely absorbed in parroting MSN headlines, on both sides.

It is a reflection of the OPs opinion of his ATS foes and his frustration with the media onslaught feeding into their arguments.

Sad. Really sad.

No amount of weaving and wandering through the OP's flowery word origami takes away from Trump's actual words and actions and their affect of the election process.

Good. Now you are up to speed.
So now you know this is about the broad spectrum of coverage and reaction both on and off ATS including lies (but not limited to lies).

new topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join