It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+123 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Unjustified Hatred of Donald Trump

I get a kick out of people who display their hatred of Donald Trump—name-calling, dehumanization, body shaming, Hitler comparisons, threats of violence, the burning of effigies, and other insults—not only because it is without warrant, but also because it is a sign of the most rapacious group-think and propaganda.

I wonder if Trump has personally done anything to these people. The answer is almost certainly a “no”. They have never met the man, never talked to him, and thus, their hatred is not derived from any personal experience. One might expect that people would withhold judgement until they themselves had access to all the information, but that is asking too much for those emotionally invested in party and politics, as all the information seems to be the last of their concerns.

Margaret Hamilton, who played one of the greatest villains as the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz, struck fear into children even when off-screen, without costume, and in person. Hamilton’s own fear of what the famous witch might do to her reputation was realized. Instead of mirth, the children were left in fits of terror. “Why were you so mean to Dorothy?” children were prone to ask. The irony was, that in every day life, Margaret Hamilton was a warm and lovely woman, and a life-long advocate for children.

In a similar way, Donald Trump has spent his entire campaign advocating for Americans. But “Why are you so mean to Mexicans? Why are you so mean to women? Why are so mean to Muslims?” children are prone to ask. Without any mention, consideration, or even acceptance of any evidence to the contrary, we find that whatever portrayal is given on screen has filled in the blanks of even the most scrupulous among us.

According to the conservative Media Research Center, 91% of all media coverage was hostile to Donald Trump. Given the lack of experiential information in the average citizen, in combination with the coverage hitherto delivered by the media, I think it is safe to conclude that the hatred, fear and the resultant dogma (and in some cases, the nightmares of children), was derived from a one-sided screen portrayal, and not from any reasonable consideration of any real individual.

The old platitude “there are two sides to every story” is a necessary truism, but it hardly applies when the emotions overrides reason. Indeed, Trump has said some things that might offend those susceptible to their emotions, and we’ve seen these statements, as quote-mined and misrepresented as the were, repeated and recapitulated by the bleating voice of an equally offended and overly payed pundit, whom has no doubt framed them in the way of his choosing. But we were never given statements nor behaviours that express the exact opposite. This is not only the suppression of counter evidence, but is fallacious card-stacking par excellence.

Don’t you wonder why they are doing this, or worse, why you are inured to it? Because upon looking, listening, and accepting both sides of the story, every media narrative in regards to Trump is falsified given sufficient evidence.

He never pays taxes, he is a misogynist, he hates Mexicans, he hates Muslims, he hates immigrants, he is “unpresidential”, he is “literally Hitler”, he is a bad businessman, he is a nuclear threat, he is a sexual predator, he cares only about himself—none of it stands up to scrutiny, none of it beyond the standard of a reasonable doubt, and all of it generated by piss-poor journalism, and adhered to by the most obsequious followers, all of whom are the ones deserving of our ire.

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He is the next POTUS!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's his elaborate, gravity-defying triple comb-over that people hate.

And his orange skin.

What he stands for is irrelevant.

+47 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Don’t you wonder why they are doing this

I know why they're doing this: FEAR. The whole smear campaign is driven by fear. The establishment is scared snipless of Trump because he isn't beholden to them and they have, in turn, generated mass panic among their Kept Sheep.

+49 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Honestly?

It's his smug ass attitude that bothers me. He quite literally thinks he "the Donald" is the proverbial #. He also comes off as condescending and unempathetic towards, well really anyone except himself.

He's a mediocre business shmoozer and a cult of personality at best. Trying to stroke his ego more than he does might be hard to do.

Please dont mistake my post for being pro anything....i have disdain for both candidates. I also stopped watching television and the msm about 6 years ago for this very reason. Theyre #ing full of it eh?

Addendum: brilliant vocabulary Les. Always fun to read your material.
edit on 27-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Can you guys plz make up your minds, you guys cry oh my gawd the pc police wont let me say this and that, cry about sjw complaining about silly thing.

This is the exact thing you guys make fun of people on the left, oh my gawd they said this and that about trump.

Its big boy or big girls time, pull up your pants and get it together.

Oh and people have been making fun of trump since the late 80s, i am sure you where all heart broken back then too.

I do enjoy the daily, the left is so scared, 10 000 000 million more votes, hitlery and what not, gonna be a great day soon, oh a bit off topic, i started investing in crow farms, come election time i will make a killing, its not too late for all of you guys to join in.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

As I said, fear.

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Can you guys plz make up your minds, you guys cry oh my gawd the pc police wont let me say this and that, cry about sjw complaining about silly thing.

This is the exact thing you guys make fun of people on the left, oh my gawd they said this and that about trump.

Oh and people have been making fun of trump since the late 80s, i am sure you where all heart broken back then too.

I do enjoy the daily, the left is so scared, 10 000 000 million more votes, hitlery and what not, gonna be a great day soon, oh a bit off topic, i started investing in crow farms, come election time i will make a killing, its not too late for all of you guys to join in.

OH look the funny guy from Canada repeating the same s##t as always.

Give it up buttercup it ain't working.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The best part....they have been saying this for over a year and he is still here.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't hate him but his arrogance and elitist attitude just rubs me the wrong way. I feel the same way about Clinton.

And I don't trust either one.....

And I feel a certain amount of pity for the mindless followers and apologist for both sides.
edit on 27-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Only a few more days left bud, crow eating time is coming lol.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Honestly?

It's his smug ass attitude that bothers me. He quite literally thinks he "the Donald" is the proverbial #. He also comes off as condescending and unempathetic towards, well really anyone except himself.

He's a mediocre business shmoozer and a cult of personality at best. Trying to stroke his ego more than he does might be hard to do.

Please dont mistake my post for being pro anything....i have disdain for both candidates. I also stopped watching television and the msm about 6 years ago for this very reason. Theyre #ing full of it eh?

Are you looking for a leader or a date?
You are doing what the op is complaining about.
Congrats

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

As I said, fear.

Really fear, im not sure how to reply to that?

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

As I said, fear.

Squeeze us some more syrup please

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: OneGoal

Honestly?

Are you looking for a leader or a date?
You are doing what the op is complaining about.
Congrats

You working for the pc police now?

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

As I said, fear.

Squeeze us some more syrup please

Grow some tougher skin son, its a tough world out there, might get your feeling hurt.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Only a few more days left bud, crow eating time is coming lol.

You act as if you are allowed to vote,lol.

This thread is not about who is going to win its about why do people hate him but then again I'm sure you have problems reading English.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Welcome to the new norm of American politics. It doesn't seem as if many Americans want independant thinking anymore, or a democracy, if it means that the opposing side might prevail. The time is ripe for a dictatorship.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

wonderful writing and thoughts, a per usual les, keep rocking & rolling

edit on 27-10-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

I always hated Trump for the same reason. His ego has always been so annoying. And, honestly, I feel like he has really gone out of his way to make himself as unlikable as possible (I'm a believer in the 'Trump is a plant' theory).

And, yet, nothing is more unlikable than a pandering press that only takes one candidate seriously. I think Hillary's handlers thought she would benefit from controlled media coverage. But, it seems to have compounded her unlikability issues.

I'm not sure there's anything Trump could do, at this point, that is less likable than a press that obviously favors one candidate.

People are burnt on that. I know I am.

I still would never, ever vote for Trump though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join