It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help with the meaning behind a mystery playing card?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Trying this again

My son found a playing card on his college campus. The back was a fairly normal design except it looks like the Facebook logo right in the middle. The front is the 8 of Diamonds with the words "The truth is out there" and "The Path of Light" written on it...also a couple of symbols drawn on it. We were wondering if this has some known meaning that anyone recognizes or maybe its just the rambling scribblings of someone with too much time on their hands. I tried to cross reference path of light and 8 of diamonds with the X-Files, but didn't come up with anything. I'll post a couple of pics as soon as I figure out how.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: makaira1985

Ocho of diamonds is the financial power card.

thecardsoflife.com...

Here is some more. Make sure prior to delving in too deep that anyone "playing" get their chakras clear. There are chakra clearing videos on YouTube™.

Fear not...

www.biddytarot.com...

Om Bava Shaviya Om

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thank you Jim.....still trying to get pics up...for some reason it won't let me upload a jpeg from my computer.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: makaira1985
My son found a playing card on his college campus.

Probably just a promotional card for a local devil-worshipping cult. One one hand, worshipping the Devil is probably a waste of time. On the other hand, it will help your son meet new people and potential business contacts, so that's a plus.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sounds legit

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Like these?

Link

eta-There are all kinds of cards that say path of light though. This deck for example...
edit on 27-10-2016 by thesungod because: eta

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You might want to do a little researching into the card's Tarot Card twin, the 8 of Pentacles.

LINK
edit on 27-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone....but it's not a Tarot card.....just a normal playing card (with the exception of the Facebook logo)....all the words on the front of the card are hand-written.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Do the cards look anything like these ones here?

They look pretty funky...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Playing cards are designed directly from Tarot cards. Wiki has more info on that.

So if you want to investigate symbolism than you need to pay special attention to the equivalent Tarot card.

Also check numerology and a few other side paths to get a wider view.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The back of the card is similar, but the front looks like an ordinary 8 of diamonds.....I will figure out how to post pics if it kills me

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When I try to upload it says "only image files are supported" Isn't a jpeg an image file?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Curious as to what the card looks like...ill check back when you can upload !

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

screenshot the original picture it will .png

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Interested in seeing the card. Is the text stylized or written in plain blocky letters?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: makaira1985
When I try to upload it says "only image files are supported" Isn't a jpeg an image file?

The image file could be too large for ATS.

What I do is open whatever image and then use the 'Snipping tool' from the Windows Accessories menu to 'snip' a copy and save it as a jpeg. The copy will be small enough to upload.

Otherwise you could PM a link and I'll post it for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think I have it

Thanks to ssenerawa

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And here's the back

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Weird. Could it be some kind of marketing ploy or RPG?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The symbol on the sides is familiar but I can't At him why as of right now. At first glance it reminded me of the zodiac killer symbol but his as a circle with a cross through it...so I don't know.

What area is his college located in? Might be worth noting as it could be part of a ar style game..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join