It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the moons phase change the way we act ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nice to see all that info and all, but there is a correlation.

Its been known about for years, animals and humans alike have physiological reactions to lunar variations.

From the British Medical Journal (I.E. a proper source!):

"In England, researchers doggedly examined the records of 1,621 animal bite cases at the emergency room of the Bradford Royal Infirmary, a public hospital. Eleven of the injuries were inflicted by rats, 13 by horses, 56 by cats and the rest by man's best friend.

Here's the real news: Not only are animals twice as dangerous during a full Moon, they seem to warm up their canine teeth (or their homologues) in the days prior."

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Smokersroom, got a link to back that up? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Of course...

HERE!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You can draw the conclusion that the propensity of humans to provoke animals to biting accelerates sharply at the time of a full moon.

Hence the argument that 'The moons phase changes the way we act' stands up.

Just.

But to be honest none of this has any real consequence anyway...

[edit on 25/1/05 by Smokersroom]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
Of course...

HERE!

Thanks for the link. Please try to include it in your actual post. It just helps people know where you're getting your information from and helps provide credibility to your posts.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, I was strangely emotional (positive emotions) and optimistic on the night of a full moon... which we just had. Not sure if it's because I've had a series of good dreams lately, though

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here at ATS, we've been discussing HAARP (which is reaching an OFFICIAL broadcast of almost 3 BILLION WATTS by the way) for quite some time now. Part of those discussions delve into the array's effects on human emotional status.

Since the moon reflects the sun's radiation, which then reaches us (obviously through the ionosphere), could it not have a similar effect as the reflected radiation collides with the ionosphere in much the same way as the output from HAARP causing ELF waves and the such? Through it's phases, the moon reflects more or less of the sun's radiation depending on how much of it is blocked by the earth... so therefore, the differeing amounts of radiation hitting the ionosphere durring different phases could affect our emotions differently.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
@ET

I like your posts, you are a clever person. ofcourse you are right as usual, more light is the only logical reason for "strange" things to happen.

the lenght of the moonphases equaling the womens menstruation-cycle is pure coincidence, female animals have very different cycles.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven7
Here at ATS, we've been discussing HAARP (which is reaching an OFFICIAL broadcast of almost 3 BILLION WATTS by the way) for quite some time now. Part of those discussions delve into the array's effects on human emotional status.

Since the moon reflects the sun's radiation, which then reaches us (obviously through the ionosphere), could it not have a similar effect as the reflected radiation collides with the ionosphere in much the same way as the output from HAARP causing ELF waves and the such? Through it's phases, the moon reflects more or less of the sun's radiation depending on how much of it is blocked by the earth... so therefore, the differeing amounts of radiation hitting the ionosphere durring different phases could affect our emotions differently.

That seems reasonable to believe. The moons light is reflected back towards us therefor the brighter the moon is, the more the rays are reflected back towards us. So does that mean when the full moon is out in the day time, we get double the rays ?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
A few years ago British telecom (largest telephone company in the UK) found the amount of calls made rose sharply before a full moon. Couldn't find a link from BT, but here's one from New Scientist:

www.newscientist.com...
A British Telecom team found that people are more likely to make calls in the days leading up to a full moon. And research led by Richard Neal at the University of Leeds found that the number of patients visiting a GP peaks soon after a new moon.

About the animal bites, I was thinking that could just be because the animals are more active because there is more light to hunt by.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think the only link to the full moon and weird behaviour is subliminal suggestion. SCD seasonal climatic disorder, i can buy. More seratonin produced in the brain during bright sunny weather makes Homer feel good. Much less during dull winter weathermakes Homer feel much less good.
Clearcut. but the moon? what possible scientific/medical connection could there possibly be.
Any scientific studys to back up or refute the body is water/hormones/tides theorys?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
So does that mean when the full moon is out in the day time, we get double the rays ?

Well, then it would have to be possible for the Full Moon to be out in the day time...

And the Moon reflects about 15% of the light that the Sun does, just for the record. And New Scientist is NOT a good website for accurate scientific information.

As for HAARP... It's a radio antenna. Nothing more. No mind control, no anything like that. How does it work? It sends the directed (straight up) energy (radio, x-, gamma-rays, etc.) into the upper atmosphere. When the energy reaches that it ionizes the atmospheric gasses. This is much similar to any sort of fluorescent light. Even better would be to use the Aurora as an example. And what does HAARP stand for? High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program. So if the Aurora caused by HAARP affects the way people behave, then whenever a CME hits Earth we must all go nuts.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

This has been discussed here before several times that I have seen...but the answer is yes, it does. The moon effects the tides, we are mostly water....so of course it would also effect us.

The problem with the tidal theory is that 100 percent of the moon is hanging up there in the sky 100 percent of the time. Even when we can only see half , or crescent, the rest of it is still up there exerting it's tidal attraction along with the part that we can see. When we see a fraction of the full moon, we are still getting 100 percent of the gravitational attraction.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

And New Scientist is NOT a good website for accurate scientific information.

Yup CmdKeenKid is right on about this one. I used to have respect for New Scientist but after so many errors and such and when they implemented thier Gated Community setup I deleted the bookmark.

I now usually use Betterhumans.com now allthough the quality of that site is now starting to dip....

As for the topic on hand, I just asked my cousins, wifes sister who is a OR Nurse and she said the same thing about full moons... OKAY This is alot of anecdotal evidance from people I trust, so I don't know what to believe. Maybe the Moons light affects us Psychologically? And such an affect would only happen when the Full Moon is out and not covered by clouds, anyone ever think of this??

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Whether or not the Moon somehow psychologically affects people and animals in terms of how they act, the moon phases don't have anything to do with the Moon's gravitational pull on the Earth.

And I don't belive the Moon does anything. Scientists can do studies from here 'till the next century, and they can all be different. Hell, scientists can do studies from here to high heaven saying oil will run out in 20 years, with others saying that's complete balony.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hah, the oil will not run out in 20 years. Thats just whats been washed into peoples minds. I was asking if the phase changed the way we act, not if the phase had anything to do with the gravitational pull.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

And New Scientist is NOT a good website for accurate scientific information.

What? Hahahahahahaha. The new scientist is a very, very well respected magazine in the scientific community. Sure theres a lot of opinion pieces, but besides reading page after page of peer reviewed papers there is no better mainstream scientific journal.

I suppose rense.com is your favoured destination for accurate material.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

The sharpening of the canine teeth: evidence (footprints) at the Paleolithic caves at Tuc D'Audobert show (amongst other evidence) that the collection of canine teeth were the reason humans visited the caves, which resonates with Heidegger's Tool Being and the Asperger's-murder connection abstracted at Pubmed (National Library of Medicine). Since that study had to do with an Asperger's case sleeping in a tool shed, we will continue to cling to the blood cortisol level hypothesis in connection with moon phase, and its corrolaries due to the effects of anti-psychotics.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Gravitational pull is also nuclear magnetic: tides; and the water inside the body (including the brain): the alignment of hydrogen atoms. Do antipsychotics affect that alignment?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The full moon can make it difficult to sleep, when it shines through your window and curtains. Some people open their eyes and look around in the half-asleep state, and the light from the full moon may cause higher brain activity, inducing sleep-walking, or simply a disturbed and uneasy sleep.

Note the words "can" and "may". If you do statistical research you will probably find that the majority of people sleep well on full moon nights. But I speak from personal experience that the full moon shining through the window can interfere with your sleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join