It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: UN Secretary General Kofi Annan: World must learn from Holocaust

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
JWhilst we can appreciate horror and suffering, having it shoved in our faces all the time, decades after those who perpetrated it have all died, just get's on my nerves more and more.

Nobody elses suffering seems to count for anything. More died under Mao and Stalin but let's forget them, they were not Jewish. It has almost turned into a religion in it's own right. To use it as an excuse to inflict suffering on others makes them no better than the Nazis.
Of course, say anything bad about Israel and you usually get hit with the "anti-semite" label double quick. I'm not at all anti-semitic, just sick of hearing about it like we are ALL supposed to feel guilty and owe them something

There, rant over

...i know exactly what you mean... I mean, I know what it's about, and why we mustn't ever forget, and I do know better but sometimes I'm still resentful and po'd that it doesn't let up. ...and no one talks much about the disabled, retarded, or the Ukrainians and gypsies and everyone else who was tortured and "euthanized" - like they don't count cuz there weren't 6 million...

...but the thing is, it's true. We can't let anyone ever forget it happened. Because it still happens and it is happening again - and next year, it might be you, or your mother or your brother.

Naziism grew out of the Eugenics movement - and America led the parade. The US had heavy eugenics laws on the books from the early 1900's, and Hitler copied his concentration camp legislation almost verbatim from the 1926 US Supreme Court ruling in favor of Carrie Buck's sterilization under eugenics legislation.

...Some US eugenics laws didn't come off the books until the 1970's - and the fact is, all the mis- and dis-information floating around about "genetic" diseases is taking us straight back to eugenics sterilization, lock-ups and euthanasia, double time.

Don't know about you but I don't want us to go there ever again...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join