It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: 'stupid and unrealistic' claims of impending war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

"We don't want world domination or expansion or confrontation with anyone."

In thinly-veiled attacks on western democracies, Putin added: "We have seen some countries pushing globalisation serving only them, but not all countries.

"Convenient for some countries to paint themselves as defenders of civilisation and bend allies [to their will]."
SOURCE

This appears to be good news on the surface, but is it really? The article linked above is confirmation to me concerning my theory that Russia thinks its cornered. It seems to be increasingly a Russia against the world situation.

What the article linked above shows me personally is that Russia's view is that it's making a last stand for the world against "globalization" (i.e. U.S. hegemony and therefore a loss of sovereignty for Russia). I believe that is the time when a world war would make sense. If it comes down to surviving as a nation, there really is no other choice. I believe that's what Putin was saying about Clinton's stance concerning Syria.

"Would Mrs. Clinton delivers on he threats and harsh rhetorics against Russia if she became President? Or will she correct her position against us?"

He then issued what sounded like a horrifying ultimatum to US politicians, saying: "Jeopardising Russian-American relations in order to gain brownie points internally – I consider this to be harmful and counter productive.

"It's not funny anymore. If somebody out there wants confrontation. This is not our choice but this means that there will be problems."
SOURCE

edi t on 27-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Well, he's not wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Thank you Profusion.

I am bookmarking this to get back to tomorrow as I am sure the anti Putin people will be along shortly.

I have respect for this man as at least he is not mincing with his words and being fairly open about claims of impending war.

Warmest

Rods

edit on 27-10-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
To me it seems like the U.S. is forcing Russia into a corner it doesn't want to be in. U.S. invades a country, then threatens Russia. What are they supposed to do, sit by idle, and watch the U.S. do whatever it wants? A lot of the blame here should be given to the U.S. for its war rhetoric. Just for all the anti-Putin folks out there, you should look at these.......

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

If this doesn't show that this man is making more sense than the U.S. then I'm sorry I can't help the blind.
edit on 27/10/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

See. I told you this was probably not going to happen. Even Russia is saying so.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

See. I told you this was probably not going to happen. Even Russia is saying so.

I think its a little too soon for your knee jerk response there kid. Things aren't over yet, and a lot of decisions have yet to be made. None of us have the first clue as to what these heads are thinking up. And thinking otherwise is just foolish.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I must point out to you, that his statements are accurate. What is more, they are entirely appropriate to the situation. As we speak, proxy war is being fought by the destabilising forces of IS, sponsored by Western nations and interests by the back door, against the Assad regime. That regime is an ally of Russia.

I am tired of pointing these things out, but to suggest that Russia is the problem, when for most of the last two decades, there has been western sponsored terrorism all over the most volatile region of the planet, smacks to me of the most unutterable witlessness. Russia is not the problem. I would not go as far as to say that it never was, and lets face it, the Russian government are not clean handed. But here is the thing...

Russia cannot dishonour the British. It cannot dishonour the Americans. It can only make choices that make its nation look bad, and many of the choices it has made, with specific regard to its ACTUAL war effort against terror in Syria, have been absolutely legitimate, especially since they were not the cause of the problems there in the least. No... only OUR nations governments can dishonour us, and dishonour us they do. Every gun that makes its way from America and Britain, into the hands of a terrorist, dishonours us. Every time those weapons we sell the terrorists by the back door, are used to kill an innocent, we are dishonoured, stained with blood we would not wish to be shed.

Our leaders, those of America and Britain not to mention other allies, THEY are the problem here. Their meddling, proxy warring, greed and hunger for power are the problem. They are the problem because we pay the taxes that make it possible. They are the problem because we did not give them permission to do these things in our name, because we would not want these things done in our name, and because they are supposed to be our representatives.

No backstabbing, soft handed, work shy bastard represents me. No assemblage of schemers and game players represents me. No such mob represents my people on their best day, because on our best day the British people are not cold, evil, calculating and prepared to screw anyone to succeed. On our best day, even the least of us has more fair play and determination to do right than our government have. The same can be said a thousand fold for the leadership of the United States. We are not evil people, and yet we have allowed evil people to usurp the purpose of the tithe taken from our labour, to turn our effort, sweat and blood, into bloodshed overseas. We have had enemies made for us, by people we have mindlessly elected to positions with which they cannot be trusted. And we have the gall to be concerned about RUSSIA?

I despair, I absolutely despair!

This is not a game, this is not politics, this is real life. We should be doing better with it, and we are not. We should not be sliding ever further to the right, and yet we are. We should not be accepting the programming, and yet that is precisely what is happening all over the world, and in the OP of this very post.

We MUST take back control of our governments. We MUST prevent our leaders from continuing these outmoded concepts of proxy war and destabilisation. We MUST mend the things our leaders broke in our name, we MUST take responsibility for those things, and we must NEVER allow them to happen again.

In the meantime, we must leave Russia to deal with the crisis in Syria, so that the nation can be rebuilt, its infrastructure repaired, its homes and cities bought back to a livable state, and so that we are not distracted by a war that could turn from a pantomime into an even greater tragedy than it already is. I tire of this bizarre and ridiculous charade that we are apparently too stupid to stop, too uncaring to prevent. It needs to end, and end today, yesterday, TEN DAMNED YEARS AGO OR MORE!

Can we stop accepting the lies, the obfuscations, the programming we have been fed? Can we PLEASE start doing that as a group? Would that be too damned much to ask? Because to be quite frank, if we cannot even do that, then we deserve to burn in nuclear fire for a hundred years, because we are not going to do ourselves any favours continuing such a pathetic existence as our leaders have created for us, cattle like and willing to believe whatever we are told, except that the sound of the bolt gun ahead is anything to worry about.
edit on 27-10-2016 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error correction.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

My knee jerk response? Cold war anyone? They screamed war for what 30+ years and nothing happened. Just the same old same old proxy fighting.

History is telling. Putin is right, there is no IMPENDING war, just responses to responses.

Besides did you miss where I said PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Interesting but not surprising talk from the OP...somehow...from all that was stated in the article...you got "'stupid and unrealistic' claims of impending war"

huh...and then they go and tell me that we dont create our own reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Putin is in the process of building up his armed forces and stock of ICBM's.
They have just announced their new 'Satan 2' nuclear missile, capable of destroying an area the size of Texas.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

He does not want to force anything now, not until he is ready.
Meanwhile the US is regressing militarily.
We're all in trouble here.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

we will be alright, the US is a bunch of tenacious, sometimes rowdy, and intelligent motha #as .. everyone knows that

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
They have just announced their new 'Satan 2' nuclear missile, capable of destroying an area the size of Texas.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

humor me...what's his plan ?

I wanna know so I can prepare for the red threat.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Putin is a gangster thug.

But then again so are our leaders. . .

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It just so happens that Putin whatever his reputation is has facts and truth on his side not the Western alliance, all they have is bluster and dogmatic propaganda and clear distortion and outright lies.

It’s the US Army Head of the JCS who says unequivocally that a No-fly zone in Syria will lead to a war against Russia and Syria. But the war-hawk Hillary Clinton still says if she gets elected will have a no-fly-zone!

Its Russia who defused the redline fiasco when Syria was falsely deemed to have used chemical weapons

Its Russia who is actually fighting ISIS while defending the Assad regime against known terrorist alighned proxy armies

Its the US/NATO alliance that destroyed Iraq and Libya not Russia

I could go on and on but the point is that the US has only deception on their side not facts or truth or the interests of the global community or ME countries.

edit on 27-10-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

My knee jerk response? Cold war anyone? They screamed war for what 30+ years and nothing happened. Just the same old same old proxy fighting.

History is telling. Putin is right, there is no IMPENDING war, just responses to responses.

Besides did you miss where I said PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN?

No IMPENDING war?, Forces are being moved around the map in strategic locations, the U.S. keeps blaming Russia for what it started, and keeps backing them into a corner, and you say it's probably not going to happen? You really really need to wake up here man. This is not anything like the cold war. You don't run a nuclear attack drill on 40+ million people and call it same old same old proxy war. Like I said, I can't help the blind, and you're blind buddy.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I never quite trust anything I read in the Mirror. But here is TASS:

SOCHI, October 27. /TASS/. Russia has no intention of attacking anyone, it is ridiculous, foolish and unthinkable, Russian President Vladimir Putin said speaking at a meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club on Thursday.

"The truth is, however, that Russia is not going to attack anyone, that’s ridiculous. I read your analytical materials prepared not only by those present but also by analysts in the US and Europe. However, it is just unthinkable, silly and unrealistic. In Europe alone, the combined population of NATO countries stands at 300 million, in the US the total population is, probably, 600 million, while in Russia - 146 million. It is just funny to talk about this," Putin said.

tass.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Slightly off topic but be wary of beleiving anything written in the Torygraph foreign affairs section - it's foreign news desk has been staffed by MI6 since the 60s who write the artciles - it's incredibly useful for getting a taste for what MI6 view may or may not be (sometimes they're the most reliable source, most of the time they're playing the public/using it as propaganda).

Ashamed to admit but I agree with Putin and trust his judgement as the US has been following an 'accept our version of society,emocracy, money, etc or we bomb you' since it first built City One in Afghanistan in the 70s and has collapsed, again and again at the cost of both human, animal lives and the planet itself.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Slightly off topic but be wary of beleiving anything written in the Torygraph foreign affairs section - it's foreign news desk has been staffed by MI6 since the 60s who write the artciles - it's incredibly useful for getting a taste for what MI6 view may or may not be (sometimes they're the most reliable source, most of the time they're playing the public/using it as propaganda).

Ashamed to admit but I agree with Putin and trust his judgement as the US has been following an 'accept our version of society,emocracy, money, etc or we bomb you' since it first built City One in Afghanistan in the 70s and has collapsed, again and again at the cost of both human, animal lives and the planet itself.

I am under no illusion that the evil in the world is centred in America and propagated through Western Europe. Whilst no saints, I view Russia as the white hats in today's world.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yawn.

Which strategic movement?

A 500-strong battalion will be deployed to Estonia and 150 troops will go to Poland to "reassure" these countries, Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said. It is part of a Nato commitment made after Russia's annexation of Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 to have four new battalions on its eastern flank. Mr Fallon said it aims to "deter Russia from any further aggression". Eastern Nato countries "feel enormous pressure from Russia doing large exercises on the border, flying over their airspace and so on," said the defence secretary. "This [the deployment] is something Nato's been planning for a while, that countries like Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia have made clear that they want."

Source

Or the Norway one. Just look at some of OP recent threads. Moving of a handful of troops does not equal a build up. It equals a message. Stop annexing the Black Sea and other strategic border regions.

Did you freak out when they had massive nuclear drills in 2014? Or 2010?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I am under no illusion that the evil in the world is centred in America and propagated through Western Europe. Whilst no saints, I view Russia as the white hats in today's world.

Ceratinly, Russia may be corrupt, have huge huuman riots violations and be pretty much an olligarchy but they gave up war mongering decades ago (even during the cold war the US team could find no evidence of an expanding Russian nuclear programme so Rumsfeldt turned this complete absense of evidence into 'this is proof they have a system so sophisticated we can't detect it, crazt logic).

While the Ukraine conflict is confusing to say the least - I studied the Russian Georgia war for a paper and was suprised to find out that it was in fat Georgia who attacked Russia, and while Russian response was over the top, it was self defence.

Putin strikes me as an incredibly intelligent leader with more knowlege of the real world than any of us combined - what I've taken from recent announcements is 'if your going to keep cantioning our nation, kill off all our allies, destroy our access to oil, fuel, influence and cause our society to completely collapse' - don't expect us to be stupid enough not to retaliate or stand up for ourselves'. ' We want peace and co-operatio, but if you continue treating us like criminals for no reason, then one day we may be forced to behave like them'.

Seems less war talk, more someone trying to avoid war at all costs and putting incredibly complex public and private information out there in a simple but factual fashion and hinting at how constant war with no back up plan just leads to more war and worse attrocities (like invasion of Libya, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, to name just a few' - which sadly no other leader seems capable of doing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join