It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret messages hidden within the SPAM of the Podesta Emails ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Good morning ATS!

So, after I get to work and do all my morning routine stuff I sat down at my pc, opened up my usual tabs and began searching through the most recent leak when lo and behold, I ran across a comment on the 4chan thread about today's release:

REMEMBER: CHECK EMAILS THAT LOOK LIKE SPAM

WE FOUND SPOOKY SOROS # HIDDEN IN FAKE SPAM EMAILS

4chan post

Wow, so my ears perked up at this and I asked for an example.

A bit lower down an anon posted this:

They are using Spam as a way to communicate. There was thread on plebbit about it, look -- here's an example: https://__._/podesta-emails/emailid/31971

4chan post

Well, I pulled up the referenced email and read the following:

George Soros and the whole hedge-fund phenomenon. They had no

Check out our tried-and-true method of male enhancement!
waixalle.com...

The answer was clear. George Soros seemed to be a modern Midas.body. And all hedge-fund managers have been subject to antifraud
legislation. A hedge fund can avoid registering as an investment firm,her contention that the late rise in gold prices had been the result of
could cost as much as $1.5 billion.Perfect way to get more manly

You can imagine my surprise when I see a reference to George Soros within an email about male enhancement.

Over at Reddit, there is the following thread titled, "Secret conversation between Gary and John Podesta disguised as spam. Conversation how George Soros evades antifraud legislation for HedgenFunds."

Well, clicking on that thread lead to the following post:

There have been a few interesting emails disguised as spam.

Here's a good one: https://__._/podesta-emails/emailid/26434#efmACcADo

Well, the email that post references has this:

would shunt the wastewater to a treatment facility indifferent image.States.

In the above-reference Reddit thread, one poster says this:

Holy crap. The woman who owns the ashidome domain is the executive director of at&t

Elsewhere, I don't recall where, a Google search for waixalle.com... gives the following as one of the search results: link:

the body of Christopher Barrios about 3 miles from his

Just imagine how your gf will be happy to see this large love gun!
waixalle...=2Ecom/

Five British embassy workers who were kidnapped inLouisville would have e=
xpected to be soundly booed, they
Pakistan Javaid Iqbal said, "the advice of the SupremeHolmes says that lo=
w-income single-parent households are
Mr=2E Putin confirmed once again his views on any use ofHuge dimension gi=
ves increased force

Whois info for "waixalle.com":

Domain Name: waixalle.com
Registry Domain ID: 2069346140_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: www.godaddy.com...
Update Date: 2016-10-27T01:16:51Z
Creation Date: 2016-10-27T01:16:50Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-10-27T01:16:50Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited www.icann.org...
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited www.icann.org...
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited www.icann.org...
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited www.icann.org...
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona

The email is dated: "Date: 2008-06-30 06:09 Subject: Perfect way to get more manly"

Why TF are they referencing a domain in 2008 if isn't registered until today?!?!

Btw, that domain redirects to Wikileaks as of this posting.

ViewDNSinfo has the following for this domain:

IP history results for waixalle.com.
==============

Unfortunately we do not have any records for this hostname. Please select a different hostname and try again. Note: Our system only tracks top level domains and not subdomains.

So, ATS, we need to start looking closer at the SPAM emails that have been included within the Wikileaks releases because we might have missed something MAJOR.

I hope you all have found this as interesting as I have and that this spurs on some who may have been waiting on the sidelines.
edit on 27-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: found link

edit on 27-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: added "?" to title

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
okay pretty interesting.

But the part of the re-direct is confusing.
IS this showing that Soros was at the birth of creating Wikileaks?
OR was this wikileaks cutting them off from a domain?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I Still don't know what to think of this, but when I first saw the post title I let out a chuckle because I thought someone was being facetious!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
WOW. Blowing my mind with this.
Good Find!

Is it possible these emails picked up 'title-keyword' spam when being shuffled around?

Also that damned movie script story-line Podesta email as it could relate to Scalia's death comes to mind again.

edit on 27-10-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

IS this showing that Soros was at the birth of creating Wikileaks?
OR was this wikileaks cutting them off from a domain?

I don't know. Looking at the reddit thread, they are saying that the domain expired in 2009, but the whois information I posted in the OP shows it was registered today.

I'm hoping someone with a bit of industry knowledge will peek in here and give their opine.

a reply to: apydomis

I Still don't know what to think of this...

Neither do I, which is why I brought it here to ATS; if there is something to this, there are people here who will be able to figure it out. Same goes for if there is nothing to this.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My guess

Someone just setup this domain after seeing it in the mail. Why? Time will tell. LULZ probably.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
WOW! I am speechless right now! How very clever. But WHY were they already hiding conversations within SPAM emails in 2009? This looks dirtier and dirtier with each passing day.

Can't dig too deep right now but hope that you guys can find something on the domain, that didn't exist yet.

ETA: So were they trying to hide these from the state department? They didn't know the American people would find the server so they aren't hiding from us yet?????

edit on 10/27/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Very cool find. It would appear wiki leaks caught on and the domain was purchased as it had likely gone back up if not in use.

Has me thinking that multiple domains may have been registered by political entities, set up as spam type sites with email addresses to be used by the operatives that would always enter as spam to a mailbox.

I'd like to see just how much spam came through from each domain in the spam emails. Then cross reference who had it at the time. A particular site repeating could suggest that it was used for the purpose you stated as it would be an easy way to find it searching your spam folder with a filter to get new messages.

This could be a nice piece of the puzzle and it appears wiki caught on.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
When I read the email, it's using the male enhancement as a joke.

"A hedge fund can avoid registering as an investment firm,her contention that the late rise in gold prices had been the result of could cost as much as $1.5 billion. Perfect way to get more manly"

edit:

the email itself isn't spam.

edit:

corrected: To not look like spam
edit on 10/27/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Waixalle.com shows up in the wayback machine link

I hate to tell you this, but spammers use random text from crawled websites in emails to make them appear to not be spam.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yeah, or a phishing email. The actual text could have just been made up.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

What I'm seeing is that each of the domains in the spam emails are registered and have about a month's worth of activity after the email is sent and then nothing.

Some people seem to think that this spam is auto-generated and pulls random, somewhat related bits of text to be included within the emails in order to bypass spam filters. I could see this happening, other than the fact that some of these seem to be tied to others within similar time periods and thus need to be stitched together in order to form an entire message.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Here's another interesting one:

Email ID: 33126

At least one person was one number away from winning the

Everyone who wants to be stylish can afford a small price of our rep1!c@s!
ajallean.com...

to www.youtube.com site has been suspended in accordancerequirement for international planes and thus were
a chance of their own in the second half when defenderthe young striker couldnt get his volley away in time,
chance as he headed the ball wide. Arsenal againlow power effort. Ral then struck an acrobatic effort

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Maybe the spam is a key to decode a cipher within the email itself.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yes, I just used the way back machine to bring up the site in the email i just posted. Looks like it was active for just a month or so.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I had a rash of spam from new domains thru ECOM years back. This one probably is the same situation. I actually emailed ECOM about it. They agreed.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Waixalle.com shows up in the wayback machine link

I hate to tell you this, but spammers use random text from crawled websites in emails to make them appear to not be spam.

Cheers - Dave

Well, this is actually a similar but refreshed technique of hiding messages.

Here is a Gizmodo article on it to show you how easy it is.

Gizmodo

And the website they mention, well, check it out yourself and look at just how much more plausible this theory is....

Spam Mimic

I do believe this could be a big find.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The waixalle.com shows up here as expired:

Domains Expired on 2009-09-05_21

Why would Wikileaks (assuming it is them) re-register this domain today and add a redirect to them?

The other thing I'm seeing in the various threads on this is that some of the emails come from government servers, Columbia for example, while others seem to originate from China.

Then there is this comment:

When you open the OP email in a client, look how the "hidden" text fades so that it wound't be readable if you were walking by or looking over a shoulder

I don't know. This could be something or it could be random spam; a bit too dicey to just dismiss out of hand, I think.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ah, this makes sense. When I search google for some of the phrases in the spam, it leads to more spam posted on the web.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Why would Wikileaks (assuming it is them) re-register this domain today and add a redirect to them?

probably not WK. Someone else did it because the domain is now being discussed. Now they can create more controversy or fun.

edit:

how about a 4chan member...

edit on 10/27/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join