It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I declare myself a conscientious objector

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Airfare to expense to south america from where am . Is couple hours by boat to bali an boat ticket cheap .

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
With tensions as they are and a war on the horizon I have decided to declare myself a conscientious objector.

The UK does not need to start a war in Syria, it does not need to start fight with Russia.
None of that has any reliavance to the UK or its saftey! In fact it would make us more unsafe!

War in these curmstances would not be for my defence.
And in my opinion violence is only nessary or justified in self defence.

Russias leaders have acted disgrafully. But our leaders in the USA and UK are equally as bad. For every Crimea there's a Iraq, for every Syria a Libya. There is no moral high ground, the USA or UK has no right to point fingers, nor does Russia.

I will therefore refuse to support (directly or indirectly), take part in or contribute (beyond taxes) anything. My only exception being unarmed medical services that I will give neutrally to BOTH sides equally.

In the unlikely event of a call up I will choose prison.

I will not actively support or aid the other side beyond medical and humanitarian aid.

Call me a traitor, a coward or anything you like, this is my decision . I want NO part in any looming conflict.

Doesn't matter, if a war happens it will come to you weather you want part of it or not. Russian bombs will most likely kill many of your loved ones and your morals will mean zilch.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: liammc

The difference between a good man and a lesser one, is not whether they live or die, but what principles they do either thing by.

I would rather be dead and right, than live and be wrong. Crazyewok has the right idea too.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The difference between a good man and a lesser one, is not whether they live or die, but what principles they do either thing by.

I would rather be dead and right, than live and be wrong. Crazyewok has the right idea too.

Could not have said it better myself.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

All just hogwash, means nothing. In a war you either fight for you life and win, or give up and die. Life is all about survival, not honor.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Thinking like that is the reason that you exist, while we live. There is a difference.

A man could live but twenty years of honour, and still live more life in those twenty years, than a man with none could live in one hundred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join