It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I declare myself a conscientious objector

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
With tensions as they are and a war on the horizon I have decided to declare myself a conscientious objector.

The UK does not need to start a war in Syria, it does not need to start fight with Russia.
None of that has any reliavance to the UK or its saftey! In fact it would make us more unsafe!

War in these curmstances would not be for my defence.
And in my opinion violence is only nessary or justified in self defence.

Russias leaders have acted disgrafully. But our leaders in the USA and UK are equally as bad. For every Crimea there's a Iraq, for every Syria a Libya. There is no moral high ground, the USA or UK has no right to point fingers, nor does Russia.

I will therefore refuse to support (directly or indirectly), take part in or contribute (beyond taxes) anything. My only exception being unarmed medical services that I will give neutrally to BOTH sides equally.

In the unlikely event of a call up I will choose prison.

I will not actively support or aid the other side beyond medical and humanitarian aid.

Call me a traitor, a coward or anything you like, this is my decision . I want NO part in any looming conflict.

edit on 27-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I plan to sit the entire thing out on beach in bali .

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

I plan to sit the entire thing out on beach in bali .

Good plan.

I am off to south American.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Glad to see you finally come around (except for paying tax).

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I don't see any good reason for these rising tensions. It's like watching two blocs posturing and both are as vain and arrogant as each other. I don't understand how we've gotten to this point and have the nagging sensation that this time it's on us.

I am off to south American.

Lol at the irony!! You hate refugees and migrants

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I dont hate them.

Provided they are vetted and haves skills to contribute they are fine by me

Just undocumented and uncontrolled immigration i have a problem with.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You don't get to be "neutral"... they won't allow it.

When Putin came to Berlin last week there were some peaceniks that wanted to protest coldwar2.0... they were declared "pro-russian", then arrested and dispersed.
Only Western-Ukraine-protesters were allowed to demonstrate their support for Poroschenko.

That's right... if you're against war in Europe - you're pro-Putin, and thus: the enemy.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I call you a hero. The world needs less war, and Britain going into Syria right now would be so silly, and potentially end all creditability Britain has with EU and US. Also, it would be little more than another Crimean War(1853-1856 The main reason for conflict in that war was caused

by Russian demands to exercise protection over the Orthodox subjects of the Ottoman sultan.
Same link as before.

Currently in Syria, Russian wants to protect Syrian citizens right to attempt to overthrow its own government, whereas the western societies want to help Syrian citizens overthrow their government. Some say Putin is working with Assad, but this is only true when it comes to stopping ISIS from spreading and growing in power, if Assad were overthrown, then I assume the Russians would accept the new government and continue to provide aid, yet if that new government had strong ties to Europe and the US because they used money and tech provided by those countries, I assume Russia might be less friendly to that new Syria and drop all aid.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Then i go to prison.

I wont partake .

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I personally cant wait for WW3, Call me selfish but im pretty bored at the minute..

if i was to get called up id jump at the chance!

Same reason people are obsessed with zombies.. they're bored, zombie survival looks not boring and would force them to do or die.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

S&F my furry little friend. We may disagree on a certain topic but in this we are in 100% agreement. I nearly said something along.similar lines in the thread about Darth May sending our troopers in (nobody had yet reported what Emperor Saxe-Coburg and Gotha thinks of this yet but One is probably amused).

Not in my name...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Orange jumps suit or stripes?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Whatever is on offer.

Uk it is gray sweat suites.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

When push comes to shove it might just be a cigarette and a blindfold.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

For my part, I would declare the same but for the following...

I will not fight on any soil but my own, or for the defence of any soil but my own, and only when that land and the people living on it, are under immediate threat. Nothing short of shots fired directly on British soil, by uniformed members of an invading army, would make me take up battle as a credible alternative to peace, and even then, I will defend these borders and my home, and not a damn thing else, and I will never swear to obey any mortal man, or collection thereof in the doing of it.

If it comes to it, I will make whatever contributions I make, independently and justly, because I am the only person I trust to direct me.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
I personally cant wait for WW3, Call me selfish but im pretty bored at the minute..

if i was to get called up id jump at the chance!

Same reason people are obsessed with zombies.. they're bored, zombie survival looks not boring and would force them to do or die.

So, you are OK with people dieing by the millions so you can 'not be bored'?

You sir are exactly what's wrong with the world.

Ps. And i wouldn't call you selfish, I'd call you evil.
edit on 27-10-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

When push comes to shove it might just be a cigarette and a blindfold.

Fine.

Least I died with my morals intact and for what I believe in.

Rather die for morals I choose with free will. Rather than die for a cause my government wants to force me to fight for.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Is someone asking you to partake in something? If Putin is blowing smoke to get Trump into the white house, you can't partake in the voting as you aren't American. The UK is not showing any sign of going to war so you have nothing to object to there - I'm guessing you aren't currently serving in the armed forces so you wouldn't be part of any NATO exercises.

What do you think you would be going to prison for?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I don't think you need worry yourself about call up papers. Not unless there is some private agreement between the two sides to only engage in conventional war.

a reply to: AMNicks

You do realise that this would mean a nuclear war and the end of civilisation, if not the human race?

It would certainly mean the speedy annihilation of the UK population.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Not even physical support. I will not give moral support to the war.
So no support our troops stickers or flag waving.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join