It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to send hundreds more troops to Russia border as Cold War tension escalates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know they annexed Crimea.
The CURRENT cold war of course,what else?
Putin is trying to recreate the Soviet Union.
I should have KNOWN he would when he returned the FSB to KGB.
BUT I'm distracted by SJW movements attempting to attack my country.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nightbringr

These countries historically have very good reason to fear Russia.

The Soviets cleaned out the Nazis for them, then eventually disbanded the Warsaw Pact and went home. Now NATO occupies these countries militarily. Whats the difference? Occupation is occupation.

Double standard of hypocrisy. Russia_ bad, NATO_ benefactor.

The occupation of Poland with a 'missile defense' paints a large target on the country, again. I doubt your average Pole is inclined to the difference.

Ever hear of the Warsaw uprising?

They did not want to be ruled by the Soviets. I'm sorry to m you think it was all fun and games.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Putin is trying to recreate the Soviet Union.

Western mainstream media mind melds aside, The EU, US (NATO) are the ones expanding.

Middle east, Eastern Europe, Asian 'pivot', Africa...

all broken down into regions on the US central command map of the world:

US.COM

You can stop pretending now, trooper.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Replying twice...

I know they annexed Crimea.

We been over this ground before. The Russians were already occupying Sevastopol in Crimea, home of their Black Sea Fleet for centuries.

They were already there.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

These countries historically have very good reason to fear Russia.

The Soviets cleaned out the Nazis for them, then eventually disbanded the Warsaw Pact and went home. Now NATO occupies these countries militarily. Whats the difference? Occupation is occupation.

Double standard of hypocrisy. Russia_ bad, NATO_ benefactor.

The occupation of Poland with a 'missile defense' paints a large target on the country, again. I doubt your average Pole is inclined to the difference.

Hypocrisy how? I can't stand what NATO is doing in general.

Sitting there and assuming that Poland and others were living happily under Soviet rule is preposterous though, no idea who you are trying to fool.
If

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Crimea was always Russian until drunk Ukrainians in total control of the Soviet Politburo decided to screw over all other 14 republics in favour of their own (this continued until 1985), so one day Khrushchev gave Crimea to the Ukrainian SSR for no reason other than "Because why not".

To this day they spoke Russian, and a majority of the population identified as Russian.

Really they just drove out the illegal occupiers.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Nice dodge. Foreign Military occupation is occupation, under Soviets, NATO, whomever.

You said previously that these NATO satellites have reason to fear Russia and I said the Russians left, NATO now occupies them.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Nice dodge. Foreign Military occupation is occupation, under Soviets, NATO, whomever.

You said previously that these NATO satellites have reason to fear Russia and I said the Russians left, NATO now occupies them.

No kidding. Poland was occupied by the Soviets. Do you deny this world wide known fact? Poland never wanted them there.

They did however willingly accept entry into NATO. Huge difference.
edit on 27-10-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

By 'they' you mean the government was bought off to allow it. There was no public voting about it. And why should there be, the governments in eastern Europe are fledgling republics, only been free for a little while, don't know any better.

Nazis, Soviets, now NATO, learned to love the bootheel.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

By 'they' you mean the government was bought off to allow it. There was no public voting about it. And why should there be, the governments in eastern Europe are fledgling republics, only been free for a little while, don't know any better.

Nazis, Soviets, now NATO, learned to love the bootheel.

Care to back up the accusation the government of Poland was paid off with the slightest shred of proof?

They ran to NATO after years of brutal Soviet repression. Hell, Stalin and Hilter agreed to partition Poland at the outset of WW2.
edit on 27-10-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The Kingdom of England and the United Kingdom have invaded most countries on this planet at one time or another. I suspect the boys in the dark rooms at MI# are itching to invade Russia and seize St. Petersburg. They are crazy like that. Truly, truly crazy people in Her Majesty's Government's secret lairs... and also at No. 10 Downing Street.

Only a madman or a madwoman would order the nation's military to the border of another nation to provoke yet another nation i.e., Russia.

I understand better why so many are fevered and crazed in their desire to decapitate the governments of NATO along with the bankers and the pedophilic elites of the rich and the unseen who pull the strings of all of those puppet states.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Accept as Ukraine was a sovereign COUNTRY the world apparently DISAGREES.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I do not care if that makes me a traitor.

makes you smart in my opinion. !

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

I do not think that anyone wants to seize St.Petersburg. I think it is possible that some loony somewhere would like to see it suffer a similar radiological circumstance to that of Fukushima or Chernobyl, with a great deal more general destruction involved, but I doubt that any sensible person, no matter how insane, would want to try to control or take Russia. The nation certainly has some reserves of mineral wealth, but in terms of controlling that wealth, that entire region... no. It would be like trying to invade America, with a rifle behind every blade of grass, except the rifles would be behind every snowdrift instead.

Outrageous and stupid. No matter how evil a person might be, that particular idea sinks before it ever floats. The manpower simply does not exist to make it a viable option.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Indeed they are, but they had no right to occupy Russian territory, and no one should recognise, or aid in any way the Kiev Junta led by Poroshenko.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

If England/UK were planning to invade Russia we would need to relocate our full population(or whats left of it after the certain retaliatory nuclear attack) to there lands.

Considering there would probobly only be around a few 100,000 people left alive, irradiated, starving, and suffering from extreme trauma and exposure i don't see that happening.

Keep in mind the British empire existed in an era where use of atomic's was a non issue.

No one is planning an invasion of Russia just like no one is planning an invasion of the UK or US.
edit on 28-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the additional NATO deployment of forward troops is just show...

I think that by spring next year...the Russians will be using a localized EMP device on the NATO tanks & missiles that are perched at the Russian border (on NATO Lands)

And the belligerent NATO forces 'standing down' from their hostile and threatening stance

I think the Russians have serious high-tech weapons to nullify half of what the USA led NATO thought was an overwhelming force that Putin was supposed to cower over.

tsk tsk... the light infantry Muslim "Jihadists' Army, sure is not the same as the Russian+Chinese defense machine

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Russians didn't "annex Poland", they left. What Cold War you reliving... troop?

A history lesson.

Russia invaded Poland in 1939 along with their Nazi allies. They also occupied the Baltic States in 1940 having previously attacked Finland. The Russian's may have ended up on the "right" in WW2, but they started on the "wrong" side. The Soviets lost their "possessions" in Poland in 1941 when the Nazi-Soviet alliance went sour, but got them back in full in 1945. The Soviet jack boot was eventually lifted from Poland's throat in the late 1980's.

Note that the Soviet occupation of Poland 1939-41 saw gross abuse on the Polish population with hundreds of thousands deported distant parts of Russia and many massacres, notably the Katyn massacre which saw 22,000 Polish prisoners executed. The abuse through despotic government continued right through the Soviet era.

This history of brutality against Poles by the Russians is why the Poles are members of NATO and happy to have friendly armed forces stationed within their borders.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Who am I to answer?
I am saying WHAT IS DONE and WHAT I can grasp of WHY.
I always thought if ANYONE tried this they got attacked.
BUT in this world now borders are being challenged the UN and NATO were the paper tigers that helped the oligarchs screw it all up for cash,using the US government as HIT men.
Not so difficult to know really.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You don't FIGHT Russia ,you decapitate Russia.
Commies are central minded.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join