It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emmett Till’s Memorial Vandalized with Bullet Holes:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Memorial Set Up to Mark Where Emmett Till’s Body Was Found Vandalized
with Bullet Holes

The memorial sign of murdered African-American teenager Emmett Till has been rendered unreadable by alleged vandals, according to a photo that a film student shared on Facebook of the vandalism. The sign, which marks the place where the 14-year-old’s body was found mutilated in Tallahatchie County, Mississippi, in 1955, was riddled with bullet holes when the visitor found it on Oct. 15. Till’s marker stands in Tallahatchie County, about two hours north of Jackson, Mississippi. The sign has more than 40 bullet holes in it.

Till, who was from Chicago, Illinois, was killed in Mississippi in 1955 for allegedly whistling at Carolyn Bryant, a white woman.
He was allegedly kidnapped, beaten and mutilated before being shot by Bryant’s husband, Roy, and his half-brother J.W. Milam. They then allegedly sunk his body in the Tallahatchie River.
people.com...

For those who don't know, a trial was eventually held and all involved where found not guilty , kinda sound familiar to many Black folks today who weren't even born then, but we are told sometimes by well meaning and not so well meaning white folks to move on, or the more aggressive tone of...That was a long time ago GET OVER IT!!.. but how?? ..we are constantly being reminded by fkwits with the blackface ,the sheets, the ropes the dog whistle and the loud and clear by some Pols , the Emmit Till case is one of those land mark cases forever etched in the sordid history of so-called race relation, and the memorial apparently have been vandalized over and over again starting in 2008...hmmm what could possibly set people off in 2008 am sure you folks are bright, so I need not go into the why.
More than once, I have had folks mad at me for calling certain Blacks Toms, but these guys had a Black helping them hunting down Emmett Till..yes Toms are very freakin real.

Mayor Johnny B. Thomas, son of the man who help lynched Till, trying to tell the story as truthfully as possible I don't believe the sins of the father should be visited upon on the sons, unless the sons are into the same sht as the father.

The all white jury took an hour to bring back a not guilty verdict, all would die comfy in their beds of old age ,although that old bitch may yet be alive.
Am I to believe they will be punished in some kind of here after ?? I would't count on it.

edit on 27-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

There is fkwits from all walks of life. Seems like a fairly callous act to accost a memorial.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Sons of bitches.

That is no way to treat the dead. Memorial is important. Forgetting that which ought to be remembered, defacing a memorial... that is a pretty ignorant, foolish, and unhealthy habit. Its usually a better plan to take up smoking, because at least that only damages the self.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Ah, isn't the Second Amendment beautiful?

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hah, in my day every road sign was target practice from a moving vehicle.

Just add pick up truck, gun rack and three beers.

Yeehaw!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
That is Sad.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Yes it is as along as used as intended.

They would have vandalized the sign with anything, not just a firearm.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
No arrests? No suspects mentioned?

It could have been vanadalized by anybody, even a "film student" looking for a controversy and publicity.

I'm at the exact site where Emmett Till's body was found floating in the Tallahatchie River 61 years ago. The site marker is filled with bullet holes. Clear evidence that we've still got a long way to go. Join the cause and follow and support the short film at:

www.facebook.com...

edit on 27-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join