It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: BlueAjah
Seems like you don't need my input as you've filled in my answers for me with standard right wing talking points! Thanks!
Ignoring that - I do have a couple of ideas to help with the issues in inner cities....
1) Raise wages to fall in line with the cost of living and inflation.
2) Undo decades of gerrymandering so that the people who live there have a fair say in their representation.
3) Train law enforcement to stop profiling, incarcerating and murdering inner city males at unfathomably disproportionate rates.
4) End the senseless war on drugs and begin a policy of education and treatment rather than the current punitive approach.
5) Normalize the ridiculous and long standing Jim Crow policies in education to ensure that inner city schools are equal in funding and resources as their suburban counterparts.
6) Educate the general public about the realities of the problems facing the inner city so that people don't go around with the kinds of misinformed ideas that are represented by your list.
originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: kruphix
You mean there aren't enough cops on the streets to keep us from killing each other?
In 2015 about 6,000 black people were killed by black people.
258 were fatally shot by police.
originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: bknapple32
Are you talking about the term limits on government officials that Trump has said he will impose?
Yes - good idea.
There is no way in the world that Clinton is going to do that. All of her cronies are in the business as a career.
originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Greggers
That's the point. Trump's message is for ALL Americans. All Americans will benefit from a stronger economy and a safer country. He does not pander to blacks like Clinton does. Trump treats everyone equally.
Why do people keep thinking that there must be a different set of rules or privileges or policies for blacks? Isn't that kind of backwards thinking?
originally posted by: carewemust
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Today, the amazingly energetic Donald J. Trump promised something that NO DEMOCRAT has cared enough to attempt, in decades. Our next President proposed and detailed a critically important "NEW DEAL FOR BLACK AMERICA".
It's a damn shame that Barack Hussein Obama completely ignored the/his Black community after receiving their votes. Now, Hillary Clinton is following in his footsteps.. She's blindly assuming that because she's a Democrat, and was endorsed by Barack Obama, the African American community will "fall in line" like good little mindless minions, and cast their 16 million votes for her, like they did for Obama in 2012.
This cycle, open-minded Black Americans who refuse to be FOOLED AGAIN, are indeed going to give Donald Trump a try. As you can see from this video of boxing promoter DON KING introducing Donald Trump to a church filled with Black ministers and community leaders in Ohio last month, important segments of the community are tired of being lied to, screwed by, and ignored by, DEMOCRATS that they voted for!
Don King Introduces Donald Trump (C-Span Video): www.youtube.com...
For obvious reasons, the "old guard" community leaders like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, along with the NAACP, are not in Donald Trump's corner. But what's most telling, is that they are not out there at rallies raising Hillary's arm to roaring crowds of supporters either. Probably because they know Hillary is lying when she exclaims, "I ain't in no ways ever tired of fightin for youuu!" in Black churches. In 30 years, she's done NOTHING for no one except herself, Chelsea, and Saudi Arabian women abusers.