It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperloop One

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hyperloop one is a about a transportation system that is really fast and technologically feasible to the extent that in relation to investors, easily Is on the fast tract to half a billion from investors in the not to distant future.

Despite announcing a $50 million investment in mid-October, Hyperloop One plans to raise as much as $250 million in its next funding round early next year and is already seeking tens of millions in new financing, according to an investment document obtained by Forbes. Meanwhile, according to another company document, internal estimates of the cost of Hyperloop One projects could greatly exceed predictions from the concept’s architect, billionaire tech industrialist Elon Musk.

www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/leaked-hyperloop-one-docs-reveal-the-startup-thirsty-for-cash-as-costs-will-stretch-into-billions/ar-AAjnzgA?li=BBmk t5R&ocid=spartandhp

As offered in this link by 2021 we will be carrying freight and passengers with this technology.

In so far as what this technology is....

Levitation Rig
The Hyperloop Levitation Rig is another unique test stand designed, fabricated and built by the Hyperloop team. This test stand is housed in an 18 cubic meter environmental chamber that is capable of achieving pressures down to 1/1000 of atmospheric. The rotor achieves surface speeds in excess of 300 m/s. These speeds are necessary to simulate Hyperloop’s cutting edge levitation systems that will be adapted for use on the Hyperpod.

hyperloop-one.com...

Intro
The first several pages will attempt to describe the design in everyday language, keeping numbers to a minimum and avoiding formulas and jargon. I apologize in advance for my loose use of language and imperfect analogies.

The second section is for those with a technical background. There are no doubt errors of various kinds and superior optimizations for elements of the system. Feedback would be most welcome – please send to [email protected] or [email protected]. I would like to thank my excellent compadres at both companies for their help in putting this together.

PDF

www.spacex.com...

Now I am not an Engineer but clearly this seems a step forward in transportation technology.

PS: there is some issue with the first link so I deleted the "http", aspect of it just do a search and add same.

edit on 26-10-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
Hyperloop one is a about a transportation system that is really fast and technologically feasible to the extent that in relation to investors, easily Is on the fast tract to half a billion from investors in the not to distant future.

Despite announcing a $50 million investment in mid-October, Hyperloop One plans to raise as much as $250 million in its next funding round early next year and is already seeking tens of millions in new financing, according to an investment document obtained by Forbes. Meanwhile, according to another company document, internal estimates of the cost of Hyperloop One projects could greatly exceed predictions from the concept’s architect, billionaire tech industrialist Elon Musk.

www.msn.com... li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

As offered in this link by 2021 we will be carrying freight and passengers with this technology.

In so far as what this technology is....

Levitation Rig
The Hyperloop Levitation Rig is another unique test stand designed, fabricated and built by the Hyperloop team. This test stand is housed in an 18 cubic meter environmental chamber that is capable of achieving pressures down to 1/1000 of atmospheric. The rotor achieves surface speeds in excess of 300 m/s. These speeds are necessary to simulate Hyperloop’s cutting edge levitation systems that will be adapted for use on the Hyperpod.

hyperloop-one.com...

Intro
The first several pages will attempt to describe the design in everyday language, keeping numbers to a minimum and avoiding formulas and jargon. I apologize in advance for my loose use of language and imperfect analogies.

The second section is for those with a technical background. There are no doubt errors of various kinds and superior optimizations for elements of the system. Feedback would be most welcome – please send to [email protected] or [email protected]. I would like to thank my excellent compadres at both companies for their help in putting this together.

PDF

www.spacex.com...

Now I am not an Engineer but clearly this seems a step forward in transportation technology.

I have seen a couple YouTube vids debunking this..

Or at least pointing out how hard it will be to actually pull it off..and it not kill every one at the slightest mishap...

Kinda like ethenol, it might be a red herring of sorts..

That said ANY time you try and create new tech some good comes out of it.

Every mistake could invent something you weren't even trying for...

Take NASA for example..EVERY single day we use some plastic or polymer that didn't work for space, but made a really good pencil eraser..

Money is fake...just some BS we tell ourselves.

Labor, materials and KNOW how are all that matter. So IMHO reguardless or cost invention wins.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I have been following this for a bit. I remember discussing this 12 years ago or so where a trip from New York, USA to London, England where the speed is 43 m/s less than that that of the speed of sound.

As far as money it pays salaries that result on employees that work to make this possible.

The point is it works and with respect to what is happening the next step would be to make it secure. In relation to todays research into the OP they are no longer just doing research in laboratories.

edit on 26-10-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Honestly when it comes to the SR-71 Blackbird we are talking 2,193 mph (3,530 km/h).

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Hyperloop One, previously known as Hyperloop Technologies,[1] is a United States company formed to explore Elon Musk's Hyperloop concept.

The company is currently building a short 1.9-mile (3 km) test track in the Nevada desert to test lightweight prototype Hyperloop pods. Its publicly stated long-term goal is to deliver a fully operational Hyperloop system by 2020.[2]

On May 11, 2016 Hyperloop One conducted the first live trial of Hyperloop technology.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-10-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Might want to try not to get too excited... (I was until I watched this)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

rarely get exited.

The craft will need to be pressurized where the atmosphere outside the craft is different from the atmosphere inside it.

Are you afraid to fly like on an Commercial Jet Airplane?

Actually the You Tube Video you just offered points to the issue, that you would be in the same trouble at 35,000 feet,while in a commercial jet aircraft. As you would in the vehicle in question if anything went wrong.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Heck yes I'm afraid of commercial airplanes! At least they can quickly drop altitude (in theory if still in one piece) and equalise the pressure. Hyperloop though is looking at a complete (almost) vacuum. I mean, I love the Tesla cars - Space X is pretty nifty also, we certainly need more Elon Musks in this world.

But in this instance Hyperloop is just a fancy idea with a catchy name and a mountain of physics problems that seem to have not been considered in the slightest.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Yeah and perhaps to scale not much different than the vacuum tubes used at the current conventional drive-access at your average bank in western society.

Pretty much since the 1980's.

As far as moving passengers of course there are safety issues and the matter are going to have to be examined. But when it comes to freight that would be another story.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

"Hyperloop though is looking at a complete (almost) vacuum."

There is really no such thing as a perfect vacuum or for that matter an (almost) complete one.

Standard laws of physics apply and so it works because it can under the general rules of conservative physics.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Cool idea but requires materials with tolerances and characteristics we simple are not capable of producing yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This isn't even a remotely good idea. Nor is it a new one.

People should stay well clear of Elon Musk and his attention seeking schemes.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yep, (I posted the same vid) so I agree with you. I don't think the average Joe understands the sheer physics of what would happen if this thing had a sudden break. Not only that, but a vacuum (almost in theory anyway) of the scale required to make an entire tunnel/loop system would require huge amounts of power. Then there is thermal expansion problems stressing components, then what happens when a sudden failure happens, you have a 800mph train smacking into what would be like hitting water as the atmosphere slams in. And how the heck does that fan at the front work in a vacuum? (*scratches head)

It's a (pun warning) hype train. Don't get on board, it really is not gonna be a thing. Maybe one about 1 meter in diameter may be possible for transporting goods, but that's a stretch. This thing is the new 'solar freaking roadways' and it is really disappointing to see Elon not point it out as the bs it really is. The guy has my respect for what he's done, but this is not one of his best plans.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

I have been following this for a bit. I remember discussing this 12 years ago or so where a trip from New York, USA to London, England where the speed is 43 m/s less than that that of the speed of sound.

As far as money it pays salaries that result on employees that work to make this possible.

The point is it works and with respect to what is happening the next step would be to make it secure. In relation to todays research into the OP they are no longer just doing research in laboratories.

Money isn't real.. even when based on gold it is not a particularly useful metal..too soft for tools exc.

People think you need money to build things , but money is just the present motivating factor..

Out of money ,labor ,materials and know how. There is only one of those you can remove from the equation and still build ANYTHING.

Don't get me wrong..I'm not saying money is a bad idea..it beats carrying around a bag full of chickens all the time...but we are not limited by money.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

rarely get exited.

The craft will need to be pressurized where the atmosphere outside the craft is different from the atmosphere inside it.

Are you afraid to fly like on an Commercial Jet Airplane?

Actually the You Tube Video you just offered points to the issue, that you would be in the same trouble at 35,000 feet,while in a commercial jet aircraft. As you would in the vehicle in question if anything went wrong.

Open air would be easier than a vacum tube I figure...

ANY breach or imperfection in the tube would be like every compartment being in a plane crash.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I agree that is a safety concern hence the need for something similar to how the gastrointestinal system keeps things we eat separate. at the various stages of digestion.

And there are also security concerns but can such a technology would be very effective underground .

Further some example of this could also be used for travel to the moon.

I wanted to thank all of you for your responses

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Burying the structure could lead to more engineering issues and would make accessing the tunnel regarding maintenance or repair a whole lot harder to perform.

How could it be used regarding travel to the Moon?
edit on 27-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Take something like the Chunnel in example as opposed to and elevated stricture. Robotics similar to those designed to make automobiles could be in place to conduct repairs at any location along the lines.

Space is the closest thin to a vacuum we have.

Just considering tubes running from Earths low orbit to near lunar orbit in the context of a space rail so to speak.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The channel tunnel however is not a forced vacuum environment.

Why would you require tubes running from Earths low orbit to near lunar orbit considering space is already a vacuum with little or no resistance?
edit on 28-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

By that I mean the current transportation tech could be replaced by Hyperloop one while the tunnel is appropriate in size and how it is organized in general.

Including its depth.

I am thinking about a permanent structure that could aid in protection against radiation exposure. Impacts from micro-meteorites as well as provide a roadway for commercial travel in the sense of public transportation.

edit on 28-10-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

top topics

<<   2 >>

join