It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it cheating?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I didn't assume you take drugs because you talk about them. I assume you do because of the quality of your posts.

If you think taking an antibiotic is the same as taking a recreational drugs to avoid dealing with problems then you are missing some brain cells.
edit on 1-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Ok well I'd have to call you out on that because medical science has proven that taking psychedelics can have many beneficial affects on a whole host of different physical and psychological issues / problems

I never said anything about taking it to avoid a problem , I said take them to address the problems

Also psychedelics arent recreational drugs, they have been in use medicinally for thousands of years.
and are a part of our evolution whether you choose to accept that or not its a fact.

as for your opinion on the quality of my posts well that's subjective and I care not for your opinion
so good day

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Taking drugs to deal with an affair is by definition taking drugs to avoid a problem. You should lay off them.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

that is your opinion on the subject , but continue to disregard research conducted by psychologists, mycologists, human relationship studies etc which prove psychedelics can resolve relationship issues due to their ability to take the person out of their base state of consciousness to see their ego in effect and make observations about their own behaviour!

You know you don't have to take my word for it , you can look it up yourself , its scientifically proven

You should lay off passing judgement on others as it doesn't suit you

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Taking drugs to deal with an affair is by definition taking drugs to avoid a problem. You should lay off them.

i dont agree
and i dont agree
just wanted to toss that in there. im sure by the quality of my posts you know where i lean on the subject.
sapien, im with you

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Psychedelics can solve a host of issues if they would give them a chance. Haven't recent studies shown that psilocybin has shown positive effects for veterans with PTSD and such? '___' is also used outside of traditional medicine to effectively great depression, and other mental ailments, with a single usage.

I'm not too sure about them solving relationship issues, but I would give it the benefit of the doubt. I've seen Marijuana itself strengthen relationships, but at the same time I've seen it tear them apart.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

No research you can provide will agree with your statement that you should take psychedelic drugs to deal with an affair. You should learn to read.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

Those are legitimate mental conditions. Using drugs to get over an affair is not the same thing and to think it is shows ignorance.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

whats with the childish insults ?

that's every post of yours in response to mine that had a personal insult.

it's cool though man , like I said just disregard all of the research on psychedelics and how they can help with psychological problems, just remain ignorant to the fact that psychedelics have been proven to help with any psychological stress.

an affair is psychological stress, for couples to enjoy psychedelics together helps them connect on levels which cannot be achieved at base line consciousness.

edit on 3-11-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Those are legitimate mental conditions. Using drugs to get over an affair is not the same thing and to think it is shows ignorance.

to think it shows a greater appreciation of our knowledge of plants and fungi and using what we know works.

What shows ignorance is your unwillingness to accept the fact they can help and that you are wrong.

is stress not a legitimate mental condition? , is anxiety , is jealousy , anger ?
nah ? they are all states of mind and as far as I am concerned those are legitimate mental conditions to me!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
here are some links , but of course feel free to continue into that field of study

love drugs

I cant find the link just now as I am at work , but there are african tribes who take Ibogaine
to enhance their sexual practice amongst couples who have lost their mojo its a part of their culture to do this.

A recent study has also shown that the negative effects of MDMA were over blown and indeed shows promise as a marital aid for couples in therapy .

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You are confusing PHARMACOLOGICAL with PSYCHEDELIC. Find me a link that discusses using psychedelics as an actual scientific recourse for relationship issues.

Instead you sent me to a list of papers that are NOT what you think they are. Those are not MEDICAL papers. The lead Author is Brian Earp and he is a research associate in PHILOSOPHY. One of his "papers" recommends people snort Oxycontin to feel better...

His argument is that there shouldn't be a stigma on taking "love drugs" to enhance a relationship, and that there shouldn't be a stigma for taking pharmaceuticals (e.g. xanax) to get through rough patches when CHILDREN are involved as the most important developmental tool is a solid and safe family environment. You obviously didn't read the paper.

I get it that you use drugs, but don't send me confirmation bias bull# to bolster your stance. Give me legit medical papers. Not a philosophy major who is discussing the PHILOSOPHY behind using drugs. He, nor any of his co authors, have any education background in pharmaceuticals and the science behind "drugs".

If someone has to drug themselves up to stay happy, they should probably just go find something that actually makes them happy.
edit on 3-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You are confusing PHARMACOLOGICAL with PSYCHEDELIC. Find me a link that discusses using psychedelics as an actual scientific recourse for relationship issues.

Instead you sent me to a list of papers that are NOT what you think they are. Those are not MEDICAL papers. The lead Author is Brian Earp and he is a research associate in PHILOSOPHY. One of his "papers" recommends people snort Oxycontin to feel better...

His argument is that there shouldn't be a stigma on taking "love drugs" to enhance a relationship, and that there shouldn't be a stigma for taking pharmaceuticals (e.g. xanax) to get through rough patches when CHILDREN are involved as the most important developmental tool is a solid and safe family environment. You obviously didn't read the paper.

I get it that you use drugs, but don't send me confirmation bias bull# to bolster your stance. Give me legit medical papers. Not a philosophy major who is discussing the PHILOSOPHY behind using drugs. He, nor any of his co authors, have any education background in pharmaceuticals and the science behind "drugs".

If someone has to drug themselves up to stay happy, they should probably just go find something that actually makes them happy.

Google is your friend. There are countless stories out there of people.mending, creating, or strengthening relationships after the use of psychedelic drugs. That goes for all interpersonal relations, not just romantic.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Assassin: If it's OK, I forgive her then what that means is, by necessity: I will let this go. I will attempt to repair our crisis, and I will elect (choose) to trust in what you say to me, within and without our counseling sessions, with mediator, so that we might struggle to reach a truth that agrees with both of us.

Don't do what most do, at least that's my advice: you gotta prove to me I can trust you, and then maybe I'll forgive and trust you, cause that doesn't really work, imhe, within human relationships. In other words, you either forgive or you don't. You either choose to trust or you don't. Those things are not mutually exclusive, but one doesn't work within or without the other, imhe, again.

If you are going to forgive her, then that may mean accepting the possibility she may have cheated, and trusting her again rests, most likely, on that not being so very important. You see, there's a lot more to it, then, does she love me or does she not; did she love me or did she not; did she cheat or did she not; and lastly, do i stay with her, forgive, love and trust her, despite all that, or do I not?

I still hope the best for both of you, and both of you together, as well, either way....
regards,
tetra

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Google is your friend to. Only idiots recommend the use of psychedelic drugs to repair damage done by an affair.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does this subject have its own thread? If not, I think one of you should bring the matter up for its own separate discussion.

Not because I don't appreciate the relation to this thread, but because I think it's an interesting conversation that deserves its own attention and discussion...it would be an interesting thread to read

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does this subject have its own thread? If not, I think one of you should bring the matter up for its own separate discussion.

Not because I don't appreciate the relation to this thread, but because I think it's an interesting conversation that deserves its own attention and discussion...it would be an interesting thread to read

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

more insults

i think you should spend more time criticising my idea than me directly

you have just said that its an idiotic idea , but thats all

so Im less inclined to listen to anything you have to say at the point you insulted me more than once.
also the fact you are claiming to be an NSA stoog , says it all for me

edit on 4-11-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Yeh this is not a discussion which will happen anywhere on ATS due to T&c's

the fact that we cant discuss psychedelics and consciousness , is a huge conspiracy , why the government make it illegal etc
its a huge conspiracy , and the irony we cant discuss this huge conspiracy on here due to anti drug laws !

as according to T&c's we cant discuss the usage personal of drugs legal or illegal on the forums

yet we talk about alcohol and coffee all the time on here , the lines between (drugs are bad mmmkay (illegal) , and oooh this is nice (still a drug) alcohol ,tobacco , caffeine, anti biotics , etc , the list goes on! ) is very grey

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Google is your friend to. Only idiots recommend the use of psychedelic drugs to repair damage done by an affair.

and only fools don't realise the benefits of psychedelics and so condemn them through ignorance

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join