It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Vote Vote Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: tetra50

“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.” -Albert Einstein

I asked the question hoping to get a response(s) like yours. Your stance is backed up by reasoning that's not difficult to identify with. So, my question is, does it make sense to you, feeling strongly that your vote will not make a difference, to at the very least put a vote in for a third party as at least a middle finger to the system your sure works against you.

I've got to believe that on some level the votes count. I've not see enough evidence to the contrary. Some part of the system must still work.

Then, since I rarely participate in political threads, this seems somewhat synchronic, no?
I appreciate that you appreciate my response. Most of all, I appreciate that you have faith that some part of this system still works. I'm guessing you're thirty something. When I was that age, I had to believe that in order to keep getting up in the morning.

I no longer believe any part of that system works in any way whatsoever, but I've since found other ways, despite that recognition and situational awareness, to keep going on, though, I won't lie: It's damn hard. I have absolutely no belief nor faith in the American judicial, political, penal, constitutional, federal system, whatsoever. I can't make that any more plain. No fath whatsoever in any of it.

It's just a way of distracting from the real agenda and happenings, a way of controlling the masses by getting us to believe in something that's a pipe dream. Who was it who said you have to be asleep to believe the American dream?

That's where I am, my friend. I wish it wasn't so. But I've seen too much, experienced too much, and known long ago that standing up for the right thing, whether it was for myself, my daughter, or someone else, a stranger, you get nothing but punished......

Nevertheless, it's the standing up that counts. Every single frigging day, that standing up defines your life in all the best possible ways, no matter what you believe, that you stand by your convictions, by the belief in basic human rightsm, the pursuit of happiness, the freedom to live as you wish as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.
take care of yourself.
tetra

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I do appreciate your responses and the willingness to share them, synchronic indeed. I am a young 30 something
and I also have a few demon spawns who call me Dad. So yes, in a way I do have to believe that there is something left worth fighting for. If nothing else, we still have our ability to vote and that's something worth fighting to do and keep in my eyes.

Seeing the whole system being false and beyond repair can't be a future I'm willing to accept. I suppose when/if I come to the same realization then it will be time to do something about it.

Nevertheless, it's the standing up that counts. Every single frigging day, that standing up defines your life in all the best possible ways, no matter what you believe, that you stand by your convictions, by the belief in basic human rightsm, the pursuit of happiness, the freedom to live as you wish as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.

Absolutely right!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What you quoted there, that I wrote to you, is most likely what will sustain you at some point, later in life, if you have the same crisis of faith in our political system that I've experienced. I don't advocate that you give up voting or caring or believing in this system. I only speak from my own personal experience, and watching that process play out through others, as well.

I eternally hope the best for you, and all my fellow humans who live to struggle, survive and make the best of what their dealt. I would love to keep that faith. I am wholly dedicated to the soldiers who have made ultimate sacrifices for the rest of us while we sit on our asses and write about this or that. That's my orientation to this issue.

But that's also been the proof to me that this governing body called America, or Amerika, isn't what we're taught to believe it is....all civics classes aside. There's a reason they called this country and its governing, constitutional principals "the great experiment....."

We redistrubute wealth, achievements, according to the most beneficial levelling of the playing field. Understand fully, what that means. Some of us are born with innate gifts. Levelling the playing field means dumbing them down, so that we can assume everyone is equal. That's a huge misconception and misinterpretation. We may be of equal value, as humans, but we certainly are not all equal in terms of our ability to contribute and achieve. The very principles of our constitution have been perverted to stop human self actualization at its very best, in order to control the masses and serve agendas defined by greed and control.

That's just how I see it. Sorry. My life is about divorcing myself from disingenuous motivations and agendas. In other words, I just want my daughter to know I always loved her and tried to be the best mother I could. I want people I come into contact with to know I truly care about them, have compassion for them. And I work very hard every day to find things to be grateful for, no matter how bad that day may be. Sometimes I think the older you get, the more simple your expectations and desires are. The fire refines us.......
take care
tetra

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

If it doesn't matter much at the federal level, then it definitely matters at the State and local level. Some of the local positions are decided by a few dozen votes. And every now & then, some positions don't even have anyone running against the incumbent.

I think normal citizens could make a lot more changes if we did more than just vote. Bernie's campaign showed that a political campaign can compete without the help of major donors and insiders. But it takes true commitment from the individual voters/citizens. And while he lost the primary, I can't help thinking that similarly funded campaigns that are citizen-driven can win local elections.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I can't speak for others' experiences, but a lot of the people who talk doom & gloom out here just like to complain. No seriously, my friends & family call it a syndrome because those people just like to have something to complain about. On a sunny day, they'll complain about the heat and "too much" sunlight. On a cloudy day, they'll complain that it'll probably rain so they can't do blah blah blah. If it rains, they complain because it's wet outside & the roads are dangerous. And if it hasn't rained in a while, they complain because the grass and/or their gardens may dry out or die off.

I brought that up because that complaining doesn't change their actual actions. For example, they'll still buy lottery tickets even though they'll complain that the taxes would be "crippling" if they won. They'll still go see a new movie even though they complained about the ticket prices. And they'll complain about illegal immigrants "taking our jobs" but still hire illegal immigrants to do their yardwork. So I simply don't buy into their complaining anymore.

Of course, I don't put it past anyone to rig or not rig anything. But I don't think it's anything as simple as people say (meaning, just a bunch of people going in with fake voter IDs). The real rigging deals with artificially lowering the amount of eligible voters, gerrymandering districts until they're favorable to themselves, disproportionately purging voters from demographics that vote against them, etc. They put so many legal obstacles in front of their "opponents" that I find it hard to believe they'd do all of that but not vote themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Going to be watching my local areas closely. We've had quite the influx of revenue and there are talks of raising our taxes again.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yea I have. The world is a terrible place. The people running for president are completely unaware of the life us simple folks want to live. The rules are extremely different on you get there

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

I'm wired to be like this,"wheres the next fight?" and all.
What we have on this world IS a big mess.
ANYTHING can happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

oh wow i agree with most of that, i'm going to vote and
hope for the best.

good post!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyPusher

I hope everyone votes for whomever they deem worth. If you can't, bars tend to stay open later than polling booths!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join